Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/n...censored*-seized-in-hailey-dunn-investigation

Colorado City, TX?Investigators found more than 100,000 pictures and videos depicting *advertiser censored* and deviant acts, including child *advertiser censored* and bestiality, on electronics seized Jan. 7 during the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance, according to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs.

The seized items included a memory stick and CD-R found in the bedroom of Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn, and suspect Shawn Adkins. Those were seized during a consensual search of their home, where Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27.

Dunn denied the images belonging to her or Shawn Adkins, saying she has no idea where they would have come from. Adkins told Tatro he was unable to comment about the development at the request of his attorney."

I'm sorry Tugela, but I have to disagree with you....I read this differently than you do. I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder...
I wouldn't call 100,000 images a few.

Those were on the computer at the mothers house, not the house in CC. Toombs was full of BS. He was trying to fabricate a child *advertiser censored* case against SA because he did not have evidence in HD's disappearance that supported his pet theory. In the end that attempt came to nothing as well, since there was no evidence that SA had child *advertiser censored* either. That was a consistent theme in the entire investigation, they clutched at the thinnest straws trying to find evidence to support their "gut feeling" of what happened rather than follow the evidence and go where it led them (which was the professional thing they should have done). Toombs's lack of objectivity and obstinacy is the primary reason IMO why this case will never be resolved.

The *advertiser censored* found at CC was much less than 100k images, just a few videos on his phone and a CD IIRC.

What does "regular *advertiser censored*, nothing unusual" mean?

What is considered not a "small number"?

Colorado City, TX?Investigators found more than 100,000 pictures and videos depicting *advertiser censored* and deviant acts, including child *advertiser censored* and bestiality, on electronics seized Jan. 7 during the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance, according to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs.

Why was nothing ever made of this?

That's a good question toetag. I am not sure they could prove exactly who had downloaded the *advertiser censored*......and then again maybe they are saving it for another trial? Who knows in this case.

What does "regular *advertiser censored*, nothing unusual" mean?

What is considered not a "small number"?

Regular *advertiser censored* is what you might download from a commercial site.

Small number is what you might have on a phone. The "100k" number being bandied about was on the mother's computer.

People keep on going on about SA having some sort of vast *advertiser censored* collection, when all the evidence suggests that he actually didn't have all that much at all. They did not even have a computer for heaven sake. That is not the mark of a *advertiser censored* addict.

Now, perhaps it might be convenient for popular theories to posit that he had this vast collection in that it portrays him as some sort of deviant, but there is no evidence of that. He had some *advertiser censored*, but that is fairly typical for guys his age. Nothing unusual, and certainly nothing to support popular theories of his deviance.

That's a good question toetag. I am not sure they could prove exactly who had downloaded the *advertiser censored*......and then again maybe they are saving it for another trial? Who knows in this case.

They can't. There is no other trial. Det. Alexander has already said that they can't determine who downloaded the illegal stuff and that everything else was legal, even if some of it was considered offensive. But I think it is safe to say that if the computer was in the mother's house that it was being used primarily by someone who lived there, and it would be one of those individuals, not SA or BD. Nobody downloads a large collection of *advertiser censored* and keeps it on someone else's computer in someone else's home in a city that they don't even live in. That is absurd. IMO there are only two reasons Toombs would have suggested such a thing (1) he is an exceptionally incompetent investigator; or (2) he was using the vague suggestion that SA might somehow be involved to get search warrants at other locations he would otherwise have no grounds to get. To go on a fishing expedition in the hopes of getting lucky and finding something relating to the HD investigation (which is ethically extremely dubious practice). Either way it means that he was just a bad cop, and IMO because of that and the damage it did to the investigation, this case will probably never be resolved.

Why was nothing ever made of this?

Because the 100k images on the computer (including the bestiality) were legal images. Keep in mind that Toombs has apparently been misrepresenting what was found and where it was found, based on what he has been quoted as saying in local press and based on what was actually in the affidavits. It is not clear if he was doing this on purpose, or the local media was rephrasing things to make the report more salacious. But, he never corrected any of these reports afterwards so you would have to think that it was the former. The only LE person who did give an apparent accurate and objective account of what was in this material to the press was Det. Alexander from the CC police department.

The child *advertiser censored* (which IIRC, was actually suspected CP) was actually in the slack space of the hard drive, meaning that it had been deleted. When you delete a file on a hard drive, what you really delete are the pointers for where the file is stored, that the OS keeps in an index. The actual file data will remain on the hard drive until something happens to be overwritten at that particular location. The *advertiser censored* was most likely downloaded as collections contained in zip files off public filing sharing torrent sites. Anyone who did that would not know what images were in the files when they downloaded it, and presumably stuff they were not interested in was deleted after it was unzipped. That is most likely how the CP ended up in the slack space. Whoever downloaded the collections apparently was not collecting CP.

Thinking of Hailey today. Will we ever see an arrest in this case?!

I keep hoping and praying. Wishing someone would take a look at all the evidence again........and yes, contrary to some, I believe there is enough evidence to get a conviction IYKWIM! :moo:

Thinking of Hailey today. Will we ever see an arrest in this case?!

It is not looking like it. This case was the biggest clustering duck I think I have ever seen. The hotel crap ,the landfill searches . The dog tracking rumors.The sex offender ,the *advertiser censored* ,the scary uncle,and guy out back in the camper. The earings, the sightings. the murdering relatives of stepmom, the stupid video of two doped up fools.The boyfriend down the street. The side chick SA had.. I am sure I am forgetting stuff but the was a lot of crazy. Yet not one solid piece of nothing . I almost forgot the prison scandal and the real estate crap.

It is not looking like it. This case was the biggest clustering duck I think I have ever seen. The hotel crap ,the landfill searches . The dog tracking rumors.The sex offender ,the *advertiser censored* ,the scary uncle,and guy out back in the camper. The earings, the sightings. the murdering relatives of stepmom, the stupid video of two doped up fools.The boyfriend down the street. The side chick SA had.. I am sure I am forgetting stuff but the was a lot of crazy. Yet not one solid piece of nothing . I almost forgot the prison scandal and the real estate crap.

Holy hell you are aware of some stuff that never made my radar!

Thinking of Hailey today.

Anyone have any updates on family?

Ugh. I think I've forgotten more than I know.

Yes, it's another Friday night and I'm stewing about all "my" cold cases.

Evil lurks.

Thinking of Hailey today.

Thinking of Hailey tonight.

I've been hoping for an arrest. Just nothing. Nothing seems to happen.

I think of Hailey every time I log into Websleuths.....Hoping I will see "ARREST" next to her thread, but it never happens.

Maybe this next year will be the year for Hailey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper