Haleigh Cummings general discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not surprising, I think his life has been ruined for a very long time. He does not care what happens to him and has no respect for law enforcement. It makes me sad in a way but he's old enough to know better. I imagine the feelings of guilt and grief have only grown worse. I look at the pictures of him with Haleigh and I can only imagine how it must hurt. He will probably end up dead in prison, and it obviously doesn't matter to him.

Hard believe how old they are now. Ron is 39 or will be later this month I think and what is Misty like 30 or 31? Such a wasted life for a young girl. I know she was old enough know right and wrong but what a waste of a young life. She sure didn’t have parental support that’s for sure. I’m sure she thought drugs were no big deal because of her upbringing
Misty and her brothers never really had a chance at a healthy, prosperous life.

Feel free to skip my own personal drama as told below.

I have a daughter in law (DIL) (my former foster son's girlfriend, his baby's mother) whose own mother is in and out of jail for using meth; her mother lives in a camper in the woods when she is not locked up. DIL was raised by her druggie grandparents; father is long gone. So DIL uses drugs and drinks a lot. She already has an arrest record. She just turned 20. They live with us, and I adore my grandbaby more than life itself. DIL is like Misty, no parenting, thinks there's nothing wrong with using drugs, has serious emotional health issues. But that's no excuse once a person is grown. Or maybe it is an excuse or at least a reason. We live in fear that our DIL will leave and take the baby if we push her too much to clean up. For Gosh sakes we want the cycle to end with our DIL and our (former foster) son. Yes, our son is not pure as the driven snow either.

Misty was born to two addicts. No surprise she became one herself.

Misty and her brothers never really had a chance at a healthy, prosperous life.

Feel free to skip my own personal drama as told below.

I have a daughter in law (DIL) (my former foster son's girlfriend, his baby's mother) whose own mother is in and out of jail for using meth; her mother lives in a camper in the woods when she is not locked up. DIL was raised by her druggie grandparents; father is long gone. So DIL uses drugs and drinks a lot. She already has an arrest record. She just turned 20. They live with us, and I adore my grandbaby more than life itself. DIL is like Misty, no parenting, thinks there's nothing wrong with using drugs, has serious emotional health issues. But that's no excuse once a person is grown. Or maybe it is an excuse or at least a reason. We live in fear that our DIL will leave and take the baby if we push her too much to clean up. For Gosh sakes we want the cycle to end with our DIL and our (former foster) son. Yes, our son is not pure as the driven snow either.

Misty was born to two addicts. No surprise she became one herself.

OT: have you considered seeking guardianship of the baby?

Your son was adopted? Is he named on the birth certificate?

Grandparent's rights differ from state to state.

Agree that Misty was dealt a very poor hand in life and apparently did not have the right people looking over her shoulder, helping her play that hand in the strongest way.

Sad for Misty, Haleigh, and Junior & others imho.

OT: have you considered seeking guardianship of the baby?

Your son was adopted? Is he named on the birth certificate?

Grandparent's rights differ from state to state.

Agree that Misty was dealt a very poor hand in life and apparently did not have the right people looking over her shoulder, helping her play that hand in the strongest way.

Sad for Misty, Haleigh, and Junior & others imho.
We have thought about guardianship, "we" being my sister and I who were foster parents some years ago. We live together, both in our 60s.

Our son was never adopted by us, just fostered. He couldn't wait to sign out of DFCS at age 18 and left our home to go out and be an adult. He came back a year or so later with a pregnant girlfriend, tattoos, a pitt bull puppy and nothing else. So, they came to live with us. He is working hard and saving money and will try to move out this year. It will be a challenge for him due to sky-high housing costs, he has a dog now that landlords don't want, his GF won't work, etc.

The bio-grandparents on both sides are in and out of jail, prison and rehab so I doubt they can get any permanent custody.

Thank you for your input; I appreciate it.

We have thought about guardianship, "we" being my sister and I who were foster parents some years ago. We live together, both in our 60s.

Our son was never adopted by us, just fostered. He couldn't wait to sign out of DFCS at age 18 and left our home to go out and be an adult. He came back a year or so later with a pregnant girlfriend, tattoos, a pitt bull puppy and nothing else. So, they came to live with us. He is working hard and saving money and will try to move out this year. It will be a challenge for him due to sky-high housing costs, he has a dog now that landlords don't want, his GF won't work, etc.

The bio-grandparents on both sides are in and out of jail, prison and rehab so I doubt they can get any permanent custody.

Thank you for your input; I appreciate it.

imho keep that foster care license updated, if the child comes into State custody, looks like you will be the most logical placement!

Best of luck to oyu & the young Dad!

Haleigh Cummings was reported missing from Satsuma on Feb. 10, 2009.

Haleigh Cummings was reported missing from Satsuma on Feb. 10, 2009.

*1674132617507.gif

Feb. 9, 2009 is the day that 5-year-old Haleigh disappeared out of her Satsuma home in the middle of the night.

Hello Haleigh, it's been 13 years today.
We haven't forgotten you, sweet angel girl.
Hope Butterbean is having a good life.

Here's to my friends on the Haleigh threads, the Haleigh faithful, the Scanner thread alums ... I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life.

Ron self-medicating to mask his pain and guilt.

Sympathy to all who loved Haleigh.

xo
- Emma

from October 2022 - just upon Ron's first release - a recap of Haleigh's missing case
(see link above for full story)

It has been 13 years since a call came to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office about the disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings. Her case has never been solved.

Several people, including her father Ronald Cummings and his then-girlfriend Misty Croslin who was watching her that night, were charged during the lengthy search and investigation. But none of the arrests was directly related to her disappearance.

Wednesday, the 38-year-old Cummings was released from his 15-year mandatory minimum drug-trafficking sentence in 2010, according to the Florida Department of Corrections. The department said he qualified for incentive gain time after serving 85% of his prison sentence under state law.
Meanwhile Croslin, 30, is serving her 25-year drug sentence and with a scheduled release date of June 17, 2031, according to the Department of Corrections.

The others arrested with them in the drug-trafficking investigation were Croslin's brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., Donna Brock and Hope Sykes. Croslin Jr., 36, is scheduled to be released March 12, while Brock, 56, was released Monday and Sykes, 31, is to be released Nov. 12, according to the state.

Haleigh, widely presumed dead, would be 19 today. Theories and speculation about what actually happened have never been proven amid the lies, leads and frequent developments in the case. Following is a rundown of key events....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990
Back