Haleigh Cummings general discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How long does it take to id a body?I know with Caylee Anthony it didn't take long. My instincts say it's the Deland missing girl, Thaila.

There is a report that the bones were with a bedsheet that may be yellow or tan colored. Haleigh was sleeping on a bare mattress on the floor IIRC, right?

Jarvis could not confirm whether the bag contained a full human skeleton, but said the skull appeared to be that of a young person — not an infant, but not an adult. He said there was also deteriorated fabric in the bag that looked as if it might have been a yellow or tan bedsheet.

http://beacononlinenews.com/news/daily/6860

So sad, it's someone's child. At least they will no longer have to wonder....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a report that the bones were with a bedsheet that may be yellow or tan colored. Haleigh was sleeping on a bare mattress on the floor IIRC, right?

No, she had a sheet and a blanket that Misty supposedly washed that night. We have always speculated that there was a missing blanket or sheet :eek:

Oh sweet Haleigh.... I came here to check in because ive been thinking about her... Now im dreading the news about those remains...

Mr. Jarvis, the man who found the bones, ... his reaction was so interesting. He said the discovery brought him a sense of peace, a feeling of closure for the people who would now know what happened to this child (I'm paraphrasing).

It took my breath away - could it really be sweet Haleigh?!

I hope we hear something soon. I honestly believe that -theres no delicate way to put this-she was disposed of via alligator, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess the van could have been scratched on the drive out to dispose of sweet Haleigh (ugh i hate to write that).

Jarvis could not confirm whether the bag contained a full human skeleton, but said the skull appeared to be that of a young person — not an infant, but not an adult. He said there was also deteriorated fabric in the bag that looked as if it might have been a yellow or tan bedsheet.

http://beacononlinenews.com/news/daily/6860

She was very small. I would think he would have described her as a small child?

How long before they identified Hailey Dunn? I know it wasn't overnight, that's for sure.

How long before they identified Hailey Dunn? I know it wasn't overnight, that's for sure.

He did say child, not infant--not adult. Also, in the link I posted above, he said "young girl"

I'm not sure how long they take for identification. I did email a bunch of News Stations late last night, but haven't had any response yet. I asked if they could check with PCSO to see if they were in contact with Volusia county regarding the possibility that it could be Haleigh.

I will let you know if I hear anything back.

It took awhile to ID Hailey...body found Mar. 21/13 and not officially confirmed until Apr. 26th. I think we are on day 6, maybe 7...I guess it could be awhile yet. :tantrum:

If this ends up being Haleigh, it may not result in any justice at all, as with the case of Hailey Dunn's murder. Still NO arrests there either, even with her body.

https://www.facebook.com/VolusiaCountySheriff

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to say how long the identification process will take. It’s not as simple as rolling fingerprints off of a fresh body, entering them into a database and then hoping for a hit. These were a bag of bones, making the identification process very technical and challenging. It requires equal part science and investigative follow-up work, resulting in a difficult and labor-intensive process. We'll be sure to update everyone on Facebook when we have some new news to report.

If this ends up being Haleigh, it may not result in any justice at all, as with the case of Hailey Dunn's murder. Still NO arrests there either, even with her body.

You're so right. If this is Haleigh, I doubt the discovery of the remains would lead to any charges relating to her death.

However, it would give a bit more "closure" (whatever that means) to those who truly loved Haleigh, family members who were not involved, and many of us who have followed her case. At least then she'd be able to be put to rest properly.

This is someone's child.
Hopefully someone that knows she had gone missing. And cared. And reported it.

I wonder what else was in the garbage bag. Was their clothing? I wonder because I would think that knowing the sex of a skeleton would be difficult without some other hint.

What color is the missing blanket Misty kept talking about? Did we ever know?

What blows my mind is that there are no updates on the body that was found. No new news updates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back