Haleigh Cummings general discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know why Tommy Croslin, Misty's brother, hasn't been thoroughly investigated in this case. It seems completely obvious - to me - from what I remember when the case was current, that Tommy was involved. The story I recall, that got very little attention by anyone, was that Ronald Cummings was at work and he called home to try to reach Misty. She wasn't answering the phone, so Ronald called Tommy Croslin at his home down the street, to see if she was at their house. She was not. Tommy Croslin then stated that Ronald asked him to go to his trailer to check on her, which Ronald denied asking him to do. Tommy's wife, then a health aid/nurse at the time with two small children of their own, said Tommy left and was gone at least 2 hours, Tommy saying he was waiting in front of the trailer to see if Misty would return home. Does anyone else remember that? Very shortly after that, Tommy's wife divorced him and took their two kids with her.

I don't know why Tommy Croslin, Misty's brother, hasn't been thoroughly investigated in this case. It seems completely obvious - to me - from what I remember when the case was current, that Tommy was involved. The story I recall, that got very little attention by anyone, was that Ronald Cummings was at work and he called home to try to reach Misty. She wasn't answering the phone, so Ronald called Tommy Croslin at his home down the street, to see if she was at their house. She was not. Tommy Croslin then stated that Ronald asked him to go to his trailer to check on her, which Ronald denied asking him to do. Tommy's wife, then a health aid/nurse at the time with two small children of their own, said Tommy left and was gone at least 2 hours, Tommy saying he was waiting in front of the trailer to see if Misty would return home. Does anyone else remember that? Very shortly after that, Tommy's wife divorced him and took their two kids with her.

I thought Lindsey left (and eventually divorced) Tommy after the drug bust that netted Misty, Tommy, Ron, HopeS, and DonnaB. I also thought she said she divorced Tommy because of her family disowning her if she didn't leave him. He was looking at years behind bars, so who could blame her. With young children, she needed to provide them with some stability and her family was offering that help. I kind of doubt she would have left him without the family pressure.

I would sincerely hope Tommy was thoroughly investigated considering through his own statements, he put himself at the scene of the crime. To get leniency for the drug bust, he (and Misty) came up with the Joe Overstreet story. Didn't he also take a lie detector test (though I don't put much stock in those)? A search was conducted, and no evidence (that was made public) was found. I think he was a heavy drug user, but not a murderer, especially one that could away with it for 15 years. JMO

Both Croslin brothers are divorced. If they were involved, I think their ex-wives would have come forward by now. They (wives) would, more than likely, been offered immunity (if they had minimal involvement). I believe the first person to talk, and have corroborating evidence/proof will get a deal. I just think law enforcement might have been barking up the wrong tree all along.

I will never understand why the maternal side doesn't do more to keep this case in the public eye. I would like to see Crystal do an interview or a true crime podcast. Just anything really. I would bet any news outlet would give her the venue she needs. She needs to light a fire under investigators' butts to keep this case in the spotlight and in the forefront of their minds. Remind people of the reward for info (if there is still one). Talk to a reputable private investigator, if you can. Just something to move this case forward and get it out of the cold case territory it is in right now. Just my 2 cents.

Here is the full YT Video link.

I just watched this. Maybe someone who knows about bloodhounds or canines could answer this for me. According to this, the bloodhounds tracked in 2 different directions>>>stopped near the water and at a row of mailboxes near front of the home (I think that's the location of the mailboxes). Is that possible? I know nothing of canine searches. Hardwick said he believes Haleigh was put in the water. Couldn't Haleigh be taken and put in a car near the row of mailboxes instead? Did Hardwick and detectives automatically assume Haleigh was put in the water because of the bloodhounds' hit near the water, automatically discounting the hit near the row of mailboxes? Just a question I have.

Nancy Grace's bias against Misty is shown quite clearly in this episode. She did say she independently verified Ron's alibi of being at work. Terry Shoemaker (Ron's attorney) and John Merchant also said Ron's alibi was verified.

I have a hard time with Hardwick saying Misty is "a manipulative, compulsive liar since the 1st 911 call." Whether he believes it or not, a detective saying that publicly, does NOT help this investigation. IMO you should be unbiased until the case is solved or Haleigh is found. It makes me believe (JMO) they never looked past that mobile home for a suspect. Did the detectives get tunnel vision early on? Who knows.

I just watched this. Maybe someone who knows about bloodhounds or canines could answer this for me. According to this, the bloodhounds tracked in 2 different directions>>>stopped near the water and at a row of mailboxes near front of the home (I think that's the location of the mailboxes). Is that possible? I know nothing of canine searches. Hardwick said he believes Haleigh was put in the water. Couldn't Haleigh be taken and put in a car near the row of mailboxes instead? Did Hardwick and detectives automatically assume Haleigh was put in the water because of the bloodhounds' hit near the water, automatically discounting the hit near the row of mailboxes? Just a question I have.

Nancy Grace's bias against Misty is shown quite clearly in this episode. She did say she independently verified Ron's alibi of being at work. Terry Shoemaker (Ron's attorney) and John Merchant also said Ron's alibi was verified.

I have a hard time with Hardwick saying Misty is "a manipulative, compulsive liar since the 1st 911 call." Whether he believes it or not, a detective saying that publicly, does NOT help this investigation. IMO you should be unbiased until the case is solved or Haleigh is found. It makes me believe (JMO) they never looked past that mobile home for a suspect. Did the detectives get tunnel vision early on? Who knows.
I know that bloodhounds are NOT reliable. They tracked my friends husband, who had wandered off with alzheimers, 7 miles southeast, he was found 8 miles NW in the Everglades sitting on a Levi.

I know that bloodhounds are NOT reliable. They tracked my friends husband, who had wandered off with alzheimers, 7 miles southeast, he was found 8 miles NW in the Everglades sitting on a Levi.
I admit I know nothing about bloodhounds, so thank you for answering about their reliability.

Misty's brother Tim was arrested by Putnam County Sheriff on 28 Aug 2024 for probation violation (no bond) and is still in jail. May be interesting with his former brother in law (Ronald Cummings) locked up also. Another time I would like to be a fly on the wall. His court date is set for 24 Sep 2024 at 1:30 p.m. smh

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP
Back