Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

In a filing on Monday, prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Erlinda Johnson alleged that Baldwin fired a blank round at a crew member while using the crew member to establish a line of sight. The prosecutors also accuse Baldwin of engaging in “horseplay” with a revolver during training, and allege that he was “erratic and aggressive” during filming, which raised safety concerns.

Raise your hands if you think Alec's astronomically over priced attorneys were stupid not to respond to
Morrissey's plea offer.

No response at all from them according to Morrissey ...like at least... "Thanks, please give us an extra week to get Alec on board"

Wanted a trial? Some passing fame in that.....2 Cents

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A New Mexico judge is scheduled to consider at a Friday hearing whether to compel a movie set armorer to testify at actor Alec Baldwin’s involuntary manslaughter trial for the fatal shooting nearly three years ago of a cinematographer during rehearsal for the Western movie “Rust.”

Full article at link...

Updated: Jun 20, 2024 / 10:01 PM MDT

I think the defence is stretching if they think it'll be thrown out due to the FBI breaking the gun in testing. This one has been done ad-infinitum and there seems to be no one who really believes that that is a barrier to demonstrating that the gun was in proper working order when he discharged it.

Even if the firearm evidence is perhaps arguable, surely it's a matter for the jury to decide what weight to place on it after hearing experts from both sides? It's not as though it's trace evidence that was used up in testing (like DNA) which now can't be reevaluated by the defence.

@cathyrusson

Judge rules on HGR testifying at Baldwin trial: She asserted the 5th at a deposition with the state. Judge says it's clear she'll do that at trial so the parties needs to prepare for rule 11-804 which is "unavailability of witnesses". Judge left it at that but my understanding is that means since it's been asserted that there is no new info since when HGR was interviewed by police after the incident and since she'll be "unavailable" for trial, the state could play her interviews and/or get the information from other witnesses. Any attorneys want to weigh in on my interpretation? Also note, the state said they could still compel her to be brought to court and ask her questions that wouldn't trigger he asserting the 5th. It's unclear if that will happen.

12:43 PM · Jun 21, 2024

@cathyrusson

Judge rules on HGR testifying at Baldwin trial: She asserted the 5th at a deposition with the state. Judge says it's clear she'll do that at trial so the parties needs to prepare for rule 11-804 which is "unavailability of witnesses". Judge left it at that but my understanding is that means since it's been asserted that there is no new info since when HGR was interviewed by police after the incident and since she'll be "unavailable" for trial, the state could play her interviews and/or get the information from other witnesses. Any attorneys want to weigh in on my interpretation? Also note, the state said they could still compel her to be brought to court and ask her questions that wouldn't trigger he asserting the 5th. It's unclear if that will happen.

This is interesting. Not being from "that side of the water" can anyone explain her position to me?

I get that the 5th Amendment allowing one not to incriminate oneself. However, she's already been convicted so can't be "incriminated" anymore than she already is in relation to this.

How can you claim a right not to incriminate yourself if there is nothing to incriminate yourself for?

This is interesting. Not being from "that side of the water" can anyone explain her position to me?

I get that the 5th Amendment allowing one not to incriminate oneself. However, she's already been convicted so can't be "incriminated" anymore than she already is in relation to this.

How can you claim a right not to incriminate yourself if there is nothing to incriminate yourself for?

Her lawyer said she does not wish to incriminate herself as she appeals her April sentencing of 18 months imprisonment and in another unrelated weapons case she faces.

The number of lawyers for Baldwin has risen from 8 to 10, apparently. Morrissey has a tracker in her office I’m sure if it. Lol

Anyway, state lost motion to force HGR to testify. Understandably, she doesn’t want to cooperate with the state of New Mexico that just convicted her and put her in prison. Judge could force her but it feels too messy and I think that’s why the judge didn’t want to go there. Morrissey is FIRED UP! I can’t wait! I forgot the trial was upon us.

JMO

Announcing a reality tv show as he’s headed to trial for manslaughter is tacky, tone-deaf, and almost sociopathic. The level of narcissism that you would need to not recognize what an utterly bad move this is is amazing. I hope he’s found guilty and spends 18 months in prison. This whole PR effort since the shooting/death shows what an irresponsible, thoughtless cad he is. Just like he was on that set and caused Halyna’s death. I hope Morrissey strings his you know what up!

JMO
It's going to be hard to convince a jury (just MOO) that AB knew nothing about guns (and gun safety) when they learn his father was the high school shooting coach.

"The state is not stipulating that in order for that gun to kill someone it would have to have live ammunition in it. Everyone knows that's not true." Special prosecutor Morrisey's argument, bringing up the death of actor Brandon Lee by a gun with a blank it in that had a barrel obstruction and that everyone in the industry knows about that: "Mr. Baldwin didn't necessarily have to know there was live ammunition in the gun, he had to understand that the gun is real, real guns are dangerous, dummies look exactly like live ammo even if there's not a live round on set and she put a blank in instead of a dummy and the barrel had an obstruction, Halyna Hutchins is dead."

@cathyrusson

I'm definitely not an expert on this, but I don't think the interview would come in under Rule 11-804. Section B seems to set out when info can come in if a witness is unavailable and I don't think the police interview qualifies under Section B. Someone can correct me if they think I'm wrong. JMO. Rule 11-804 - Exceptions to the rule against hearsay - when the declarant is unavailable as a witness, N.M. R. Evid. 11-804 | Casetext Search + Citator

Reactions: IDK
@cathyrusson

NM v #AlecBaldwin - both parties are worried the case will go beyond July 19th. Judge said it’s ending on the 19th even if she has to put a clock on each side! I’ve only heard of that in civil trials. Defense says their case is only 1-2 days. Judge limiting the prosecution to 5 days and defense 3 days. She’s says depending on cross exam she might allow state 6 days and defense 2 days.

There’s no way the judge can control how long deliberations take. But she said this trial is not going beyond July 19th.

8:39 PM · Jun 24, 2024

Attorneys for Alec Baldwin argued that the government's destruction of the prop gun that discharged while he was using it to rehearse on set of the Western film "Rust," killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, warrants a dismissal of the manslaughter charge brought against him in its aftermath.

In a virtual court hearing on Monday, the defense asked a New Mexico judge to dismiss the charge because damage to the revolver during FBI testing would prevent Baldwin's legal team from properly making a case that the gun could have gone off due to a mechanical issue.
Prosecutors argued that the gun breaking into pieces during testing was "unfortunate" but that Baldwin's team still has plenty of evidence for a defense and did not meet their burden for having the case thrown out.
Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer said she expects to issue a ruling on the motion to dismiss on Friday.

@cathyrusson

NM v #AlecBaldwin - both parties are worried the case will go beyond July 19th. Judge said it’s ending on the 19th even if she has to put a clock on each side! I’ve only heard of that in civil trials. Defense says their case is only 1-2 days. Judge limiting the prosecution to 5 days and defense 3 days. She’s says depending on cross exam she might allow state 6 days and defense 2 days.

There’s no way the judge can control how long deliberations take. But she said this trial is not going beyond July 19th.

8:39 PM · Jun 24, 2024

Judge tried to limit the defense in George Kelly case but then had to stop doing that.

No way can a judge interrupt the defense's defense .... This would be overturned and case dismissed on appeal in my opinion.

If found guilty.

Per TLC: “Alec and Hilaria Baldwin have been making headlines since they were married nearly 12 years ago. In this TLC follow-doc series, Alec and Hilaria invite viewers into the home they share with their seven growing kids. For the first time, they’re opening up their family lives and bringing everyone in to join in the nonstop love, laughter and drama.”

I believe that this woman had a "goal" of being on a reality show. Why else would anyone have that many children, that close together? Including one by a surrogate?

I believe that this woman had a "goal" of being on a reality show. Why else would anyone have that many children, that close together? Including one by a surrogate?
@mickey2942.
I see what you mean about number & spacing of children in his current marriage
(plus his adult dau from previous marriage to actress Kim Basinger).

You also said: I believe that this woman had a "goal" of being on a reality show.

Maybe I'm all wrong about programs that purportedly show reality but
wonder if quotation marks should also be around "reality show."
Reality show? ;) LOL. jmo

@mickey2942.

You also said: I believe that this woman had a "goal" of being on a reality show.

Yes. I am not sure what I think about Alec Baldwin's legal problems, it seems to me, based on the interviews he has done, that will come back to bite him.

They have the Armorer gal, HGR, as the proverbial "lamb". It was obvious she wasn't fit for the position. And AB had zero time or respect for her. If AB was smart, MOO, is settle. The liability isn't him as an actor, it is AB as the producer on location, and pretty much, he was the supervisor.

Let's hope that Hilaria, Hilary, whatever she calls herself now, isn't doing a reality show, taking all of the kids to visit Daddy in prison.

@mickey2942.

Worse.

Using this trial as a publicity spring board to drum up network interest in a Alec Baldwin Family - Waltons - 8 is Enough - "reality" family TV show staring Alec and the Brady....oops...Baldwin Bunch.

Trial = free publicity

Alec shot and killed a woman and let's get super excited about watching on TV his lush lifestyle, 5 star trips, fancy homes, completely STAGED and FAKE family drama, so on and so on....

One Cent opinion

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks