Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow lol that’s pretty bad to reverse the 2 sides .

I agree it was quite stunning news and the rush to report it.

I was not criticizing AL at all. I think she did an excellent job. And I don’t think YOU think I was being critical.

If the tweet stays up I just didn’t want it to cause more confusion while we are all trying to process this turn of events!

As an aside, the way I no longer get confused or have to stop and think about which dismissal means they can be tried again- WITH or WITHOUT prejudice—. Barry Morphew’s case was WITHOUT and I am crossing all my fingers and toes that he is charged again and arrested soon!
JMO

Thanks for posting to keep us up to date.

Predicting Outcomes?
I might be jumping ahead of myself on this but my gut feeling is the case will get dismissed.
@katykat
You may have jumped ahead of yourself, but your prediction was correct.

;) BTW, do you have any suggestions -
- for numbers I can use for PowerBall tickets or
- horse names for next year's Kentucky Derby?
TiA. ;) j/k

Thanks everyone. I got what I needed. You all are the best!

If you have the time to go over it, the cross exam of Seth Kenny and Hancock (back to back) goes into the significance of the ammunition. In particular the texts that Hancock was privy to showed that she should have had more cause to treat the Teske "good samaritan" evidence as actual evidence.

They were on the stand for about an hour apiece.

Predicting Outcomes?

@katykat
You may have jumped ahead of yourself, but your prediction was correct.

;) BTW, do you have any suggestions -
- for numbers I can use for PowerBall tickets or
- horse names for next year's Kentucky Derby?
TiA. ;) j/k

Once the judge stepped down and put the gloves on I knew there was trouble! :eek:

And then when she questioned Hancock herself and specified if Morrissey was involved in the decision to not include the ammunition with Rust evidence I knew it was definitely game over!

I just watched the YouTube linked above where the prosecutor got on the witness stand and apparently the ammunition that caused this dismissal was not from the same batch that went to the 1883 event in Texas that then made it's way to New Mexico and the Rust set. These rounds supposedly never left Arizona.

Seems to me that they are unrelated to the Rust set but the defense should have been made aware of their existence hence the end of this case. JMO.

So do I have this straight? Bowles (HGR's attorney (whose client was just convicted and whom he knew would appeal the conviction) is shown bullets that match the live round that resulted in a person's death by someone who he intended to call as a witness. When he sees the bullets, recognizes they match, says he doesn't want them and doesn't call this person to testify.

The bullets get turned over to the sheriff's dept., and when the prosecutor of HGR (and also in the Baldwin case) contacts Bowles about the bullets, Bowles sends her (Morrisey) a picture that is *not* the bullets he was shown (because they would be damning to his client HGR)? Morrisey then decides they are of no value to her own case so doesn't make sure the info about them gets turned over to the defense?

Did Morrisey get bushwhacked by HGR's attorney who sent her a pic of different bullets (because the bullets displayed in court today did match the lethal bullet)?

I agree with the judge's decision, no question, I'm just wondering if Bowles intentionally misled Morrisey by sending her a pic of different bullets, because the actual bullets matched. Still up in the air - if they didn't help or hurt Baldwin's case, and bolstered the case against HGR, why did the sheriff's dept. hide the bullets?

Hope this is in the correct thread.

Let HGR out! Free HGR!
How can you say this? HGR loaded the weapon with live ammo and failed to do a proper safety check that led to Hutchins’ death. Her irresponsible behavior is directly responsible for this death. This is not a horse race. A woman lost her life. Today’s ruling is unfortunate and the case was dismissed because of prosecutorial misconduct. The case against AB deserved to go to a jury for a decision. It shouldn’t have ended this way.

JMO

How can you say this? HGR loaded the weapon with live ammo and failed to do a proper safety check that led to Hutchins’ death. Her irresponsible behavior is directly responsible for this death. This is not a horse race. A woman lost her life. Today’s ruling is unfortunate and the case was dismissed because of prosecutorial misconduct. The case against AB deserved to go to a jury for a decision. It shouldn’t have ended this way.

JMO
As someone who believes AB should have never been charged, I agree with you. I wish he would have been completely exonerated by a jury instead of a technicality. MOO

I think it's similar to Karen Read in some ways, I personally, just my opinion do not think Alec Baldwin is a likable or nice person, and it's hard to separate personal feelings about a person to a trial.

I will say though it's too bad the police and prosecution made such egregious mistakes that should not have happened because I was interested to see what other experts would have said about the roles actors should be taking and whether the act of pointing the gun at Halyna would be convicted by a jury, which again personally, never point a real gun even if you think it's unloaded or filled with blanks at another person unless your intent is to shoot them

So do I have this straight? Bowles (HGR's attorney (whose client was just convicted and whom he knew would appeal the conviction) is shown bullets that match the live round that resulted in a person's death by someone who he intended to call as a witness. When he sees the bullets, recognizes they match, says he doesn't want them and doesn't call this person to testify.

The bullets get turned over to the sheriff's dept., and when the prosecutor of HGR (and also in the Baldwin case) contacts Bowles about the bullets, Bowles sends her (Morrisey) a picture that is *not* the bullets he was shown (because they would be damning to his client HGR)? Morrisey then decides they are of no value to her own case so doesn't make sure the info about them gets turned over to the defense?

Did Morrisey get bushwhacked by HGR's attorney who sent her a pic of different bullets (because the bullets displayed in court today did match the lethal bullet)?

I agree with the judge's decision, no question, I'm just wondering if Bowles intentionally misled Morrisey by sending her a pic of different bullets, because the actual bullets matched. Still up in the air - if they didn't help or hurt Baldwin's case, and bolstered the case against HGR, why did the sheriff's dept. hide the bullets?

So I ***think**** those bullets did not match the live ammunition but the did look remarkably similar to the the dummy rounds that were in set. Morrissey was very careful to say over and over they didn’t the live rounds but had to concede they did match other (inert) rounds found on set. MOO

So I ***think**** those bullets did not match the live ammunition but the did look remarkably similar to the the dummy rounds that were in set. Morrissey was very careful to say over and over they didn’t the live rounds but had to concede they did match other (inert) rounds found on set. MOO
This is correct. Judge also nailed this down from the lead detective. Lead detective and Morrissey were playing word games and that’s what angered the judge from the get go. Crime scene tech Poppel lied out front on the stand and the lead detective admitted Poppel gave false testimony on this issue. The state and LE were circling the wagons and obfuscating.

JMO

Johnson exposing Morrissey! Saying she did not walk out because she didn’t want a public hearing - I never believed that anyway. She walked out because she wanted to dismiss the case and Morrissey said no.
Great interview. Even if Cuomo kept cutting off Johnson.

It's clear that Johnson has integrity. If she had been the lead prosecutor on this case then it would have been decided on its merits, and not dismissed due to prosecutorial misconduct.

Edit - and Morrissey lied on the stand about why Johnson resigned. That alone says everything about Morrissey's sense of ethics.

Last edited:

JMO
Yes and the person that brought the ammo, the person that loaded the gun, and the person who took aim and fired it should all be held accountable. They, the collective safety team, acted recklessly resulting in her death. Anyone who takes a weapon into their possession has a duty to assure it is cleared and safe and only aimed at something you intend to destroy. It should be muscle memory and done without much thought. Uniform rules no matter who you are. And even of you expect it to contain dummy rounds, for this very reason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back