Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That was maybe the wildest couple of hours of court I've ever witnessed. Even the OJ trial didn't have a DEFCON 5 Level of drama like this.. I've never seen an attorney blow-up their own case like that before. Talk about a Perry Mason moment!!! I'm stunned.

I thought she said that about a different special prosecutor, I didn't catch his name, he wasn't expecting the trial so early so couldn't join, and then Spiro hit her with today's departure.

Yes, that must have been months before this. Johnson was there only yesterday. She saw the writing on the wall and/or figured out exactly what Morrissey had done and wanted out asap!

The entire issue of how the live rounds got there is immaterial, though. It was Baldwin's acts and omissions which were on trial. Not anything else.

It doesn't matter what you believe. The law is the law and the prosecution violated the law. Just like when a person is picked up with blood on them and they confess to a crime - if LE didn't read them their rights, they have violated the law and the confession will not stand in a court of law.

Just have to say….I have never seen what I saw in this courtroom before. All of it….from the judge cutting open the evidence bag with gloves, to the lead prosecutor wanting to testify, and all in between!

Morrissey's been playing fast and loose for a while. She couldn't seem to get along with her first co-counsel (and it's not really true that he left because of a scheduling conflict. That was just a pretext.) The way she would bully the defense counsel HGR trial was really off-putting. The fact that her second co-counsel quit this morning suggests that a lot of shenanigans have been going on.

I would also read her motions and she came across as so unnecessarily antagonistic and bellicose. I wrote this a couple of months ago.

I don't know what Morrisey's problem is. She seems to have a real chip on her shoulder. I recall that half of her motion was basically her whining about the defense.

Maybe this style works well as a defense attorney, but I'm not so sure it'll work as a prosecutor. I think most people think of DAs as dispassionate to some degree. They aren't prosecuting someone because they hate them, but rather because it's their job as an employee of the state.

I lost interest in this case when the FBI damaged the most important piece of evidence with unnecessary blows to it's hammer. Major mistake.

And now we have evidence being withheld from the defense. What a mess. JMO.

I don't understand why this evidence was material to his defense. How could it be exculpatory -- can someone explain? I guess I wasn't watching closely enough.
For some reason the prosecutor didn't think they looked like the ones found on the set of rust. She should have examined them., JMO

from the Daily Mail:

In November last year Teske offered to send them the ammunition but he was in Arizona so Morrissey asked him to send a photo.

They didn’t look like the live rounds taken from the set of Rust so Morrissey didn’t ask for the bullets to be collected by a local police force, the court heard.

But Judge Marlowe Sommer expressed frustration during the hearing and pressed Cpl. Alexandria Hancock of the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office about why the bullets were not put with the Rust file.

Cpl Hancock said that the decision was made after discussion with prosecutors

At one point Morrissey herself gave evidence in bizarre scenes where nobody had requested her to do so.

She insisted the ammunition from Teske were not similar to those found on the set of Rust, which is why she didn’t want them analyzed further.

I'd say it is possible she could get her conviction vacated. We will see.
I'm not sure this evidence is exculpatory for HGR. Apparently it was in the control of the defense witness until the HGR trial was almost over. Only then was it handed over to the sheriff's office.

So, unless there's some other evidence that Morrissey was hiding, I think HGR doesn't have any grounds for a retrial/vacated conviction.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock
Back