Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am beginning to wonder if the press release by Mr. Hutchins’ lawyer about pursuing justice is indicating they will consider an appeal of the criminal charge dismissal to a higher court.

jmo
I doubt it will work. State had a weak case against Baldwin as the 'trigger puller' (IMO he shouldn't have been charged for that) and seems like nobody really wants to go after him for what he did as producer. Which is sad because it was what he, and others, did while not in front of a camera that contributed to the shooting.

I'd be really interested in watching an appeal or post-trial hearing for HGR regarding the Teske ammo. But I don't think that will happen. It really has no bearing in what she did as armorer that day and I think her lawyers know it would be a losing battle, especially since they already knew about it during her trial.
But Bowles might smell blood in the water after what happened yesterday and take a shot at an appeal for this anyways.

I doubt it will work. State had a weak case against Baldwin as the 'trigger puller' (IMO he shouldn't have been charged for that) and seems like nobody really wants to go after him for what he did as producer. Which is sad because it was what he, and others, did while not in front of a camera that contributed to the shooting.

I'd be really interested in watching an appeal or post-trial hearing for HGR regarding the Teske ammo. But I don't think that will happen. It really has no bearing in what she did as armorer that day and I think her lawyers know it would be a losing battle, especially since they already knew about it during her trial.
But Bowles might smell blood in the water after what happened yesterday and take a shot at an appeal for this anyways.
I never liked any of this case from the start. I felt it was a horrible, horrible accident. Once we learned of the safety violations, and the sloppy work of the armorer, my eyes turned towards HGR. Then the origin of the live rounds, which apparently don’t matter to the case, but to me, are the heart of the matter. Live rounds on a set where they didn’t belong literally triggered the death of HH.

There is culpability all the way around. TR, SK, SZ all had their hands in this. HGR is in prison with an 18 month sentence and I’m good with that. I am ok with the dismissal of AB’s charges. The death of HH at his hands will haunt him emotionally for the rest of his remaining life.

Time for all to move forward.

All JMHO

At the very least, Baldwin's lawyers could use the existence of the ammo to cast doubt on the police investigation: "You mean that you knew about this ammo in Arizona the whole time! And you never even bothered to find out if it matched the live rounds from the Rust set? How can you claim you did a thorough investigation? What else did you miss?"
But wait --- they did bother to find out!! They looked at the images provided and with knowledge of the ammo from the set bolstered by the FBI forensic analysis, they determined the AZ ammo was not the same as found on the set. A car is not a boat. Unless, of course, they were purposely obfuscating. I'm not a lawyer and others have explained, but what am I missing here?

Thank you Forest Wood and others.

But, is there no role for judgement on behalf of a knowledgeable police force and prosecutor?

For instance, if a murder involves a boat that cannot be located and a peripherally-involved party brings the police a car as "evidence," cannot the prosecutor use her judgement to file the car under a different case number knowing that everybody largely agrees that cars are irrelevant? If not, couldn't the case possibly become bogged down under an infinitely large mountain of irrelevant evidence? When a police dept sets up a hot-line to receive tips, and all manner of crazies call in, is the transcript of every call evidence that needs to be handed over to the defense? I can see the argument for "maybe" or even "yes," but this seems impractical.

Wouldn't Morrisey and SFPD have the expertise to discount the AZ ammo credibly?
Or, is any decision they make viewable as prejudicial to the defense?
I hear you and understand your confusion. I think the issue is that the blank rounds that Teske brought over visually matched the blank rounds found in the Rust set. That’s the distinguishing factor from my understanding. So LE made that visual analysis and decided without further testing that they were gonna put it to the side and give it a diff case, # effectively shielding it from defense. Morrissey argued that those rounds never left Arizona and were never on the Rust set but that was an argument to make in cross examination if defense introduces the evidence as impeachment.

JMO

Oh my, now I question when Morrissey was trying to pick up those bullets that were dumped out with the judge and all….without gloves. When it happened and some called out she doesn’t have gloves I thought maybe she was just not thinking, but was she trying to contaminate them?

After all of this, I just don’t know how far she would go.

moo
And she replied with something along the lines of, “Doesn’t matter. They’ve been rolling around for three years.”

And she replied with something along the lines of, “Doesn’t matter. They’ve been rolling around for three years.”

So a lot of people had looked at them and probably compared them to the matching bullet that killed HH. They had to have noticed it was a match, right?

Their attempt to railroad AB was so careless.

Last edited:
But wait --- they did bother to find out!! They looked at the images provided and with knowledge of the ammo from the set bolstered by the FBI forensic analysis, they determined the AZ ammo was not the same as found on the set. A car is not a boat. Unless, of course, they were purposely obfuscating. I'm not a lawyer and others have explained, but what am I missing here?
As I understand it, Morrissey had some picture of the Arizona ammo that she got from Bowles or Teske or someone else. And from that photo she thought the ammo didn't match what was on the Rust set. Because of that, they never bothered to collect the ammo from Teske.

When Teske showed up in Santa Fe, CST Poppell looked at the ammo and realized they were wrong. It did match some of the Rust rounds.

I suspect that's when the prosecution had an "Oh crap" moment. They realized that if they turned this over to the defense, that it could be used against them. So they tried to bury it with a different case number, and this specious claim that they didn't have a witness statement so they couldn't tie it to Rust.

However, this backfired because of course Teske was talking to Bowles who was talking to Spiro. So, when the defense asked to view all the Rust-related ammunition and this ammo wasn't shown to them they knew something was up.

The defense waited until the trial had started and Poppell was testifying on Thursday. She lied in front of the jury that the ammo didn't match. After the day was done, they filed their motion to dismiss because of prosecutorial misconduct which is why we had the hearing on Friday.

edit - The sad part is that it probably wouldn't have even been that big a deal. Morrissey could have easily explained to the jury the circumstances of what happened. In fact she already sort of explained it away on Thursday. The coverup is always worse than the crime.

Last edited:
As I understand it, Morrissey had some picture of the ammo that she got from Bowles or Teske or someone else. And from that photo she thought the ammo didn't match what was on the Rust set. Because of that, they never bothered to collect the ammo from Teske.

When Teske showed up in Santa Fe, CST Poppell looked at the ammo and realized they were wrong. It did match some of the Rust rounds.

I suspect that's when the prosecution had an "Oh crap" moment. They realized that if they turned this over to the defense, that it could be used against them. So they tried to bury it with a different case number, and this specious claim that they didn't have a witness statement so they couldn't tie it to Rust.

However, this backfired because of course Teske was talking to Bowles who was talking to Spiro. So, when the defense asked to view all the Rust-related ammunition and this ammo wasn't shown to them they knew something was up.

The defense waited until the trial had started and Poppell was testifying on Thursday. She lied in front of the jury that the ammo didn't match. After the day was done, they filed their motion to dismiss because of prosecutorial misconduct which is why we had the hearing on Friday.
Thanks for that timeline.

The last thing she wanted was a dismissal of the case and she argued against that. She argued that the "hidden" evidence wasn't even important to the case.

Note this was untested evidence. Who is she to decide untested evidence doesn't need to be revealed to a person she charges with manslaughter?

I believe her goal was to put him behind bars cementing her reputation as the ...

Prosecutor who doesn't see anyone above the law.... The prosecutor so tough she landed AB behind bars...etc

100% - she of all people knows that better than anyone and it seems her witness testimony was a defensive speech she'd already prepared, so she must have known this was coming.

Her ego got the better of her, IMO she wanted to 'break' Hollywood and all that is imbued in this case - arrogance of a star actor, nepotism, lack of due diligence, poor working conditions for the crew, as well as HH's tragic death. She wanted to serve up AB's head on a platter. It had become unreasonable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back