Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems like Morrissey didn’t turn over certain reports in a timely manner to the defense in the HGR trial. *sigh* Bowels is now gunning to get his client out. The Teske issue that sprung AB is not going to help HGR but apparently there were a couple reports that Morrissey failed to turn over.

HGR is absolutely guilty and needs to do her full time. If HGR’s conviction gets overturned, Morrissey should be shamed out of the legal profession! It’s disgraceful that she could’ve been so careless.

JMO

It seems like Morrissey didn’t turn over certain reports in a timely manner to the defense in the HGR trial. *sigh* Bowels is now gunning to get his client out. The Teske issue that sprung AB is not going to help HGR but apparently there were a couple reports that Morrissey failed to turn over.

HGR is absolutely guilty and needs to do her full time. If HGR’s conviction gets overturned, Morrissey should be shamed out of the legal profession! It’s disgraceful that she could’ve been so careless.

JMO
On principle I don't see why it shouldn't help her case.

The existence of the ammo from TT really had no bearing on AB's case when you think about it because the jury only had to make a decision as to his actions. The source of the ammo is fairly irrelevant.

AB's case was dismissed because his attorneys never had the chance to examine the evidence to decide for themselves whether or not it may be significant or whether it might change how they present his defence. Moreover, they intentionally hid it under a different file number in order to hide it.

I don't see how those facts can't apply to HGR's case as well. True, the police didn't have it until after the case (it was actually during jury deliberations they got it, I think), but they knew about it months before hand and made a conscious decision not to go get it.

Refusing to accept it is, imo, just as egregious as not turning it over because it's an attempt to do exactly the same thing - hide it.

Don't get me wrong, I think she's guilty and should do the full sentence but the courts cannot be inconsistent here.

JMO
(Bolded by me)

There's been enough of a pattern here that I don't think it's just carelessness. It's not just these two reports or the Teske ammo. There's also a history of discovery violations with both HGR and AB that the courts dealt with pre-trial. Because those were uncovered before the trial could begin, there were other remedies that the court could give the defense.

I think Morrissey made a strategic choice to make things as difficult for the defense as possible. I believe she was trying every trick in the book to secure convictions and if she withheld a few things to give herself an advantage, then she'd do so without compunction. The issue is that prosecutors have ethical obligations to give the defendant a fair trial and not just to win at all costs. I do wonder if that's why her first co-prosecutor left. On the stand Morrissey claimed that Jason Lewis dropped off because of other obligations, but I believe that was a smokescreen. It would be interesting to hear his side of things.

I do agree it's a shame, because Morrissey had a very strong case against HGR and didn't need to pull these shenanigans.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back