Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he there as part of the volunteer search or was Richmond LE providing resources? Thanks.

I *believe* they were volunteer. Here is the link I found about their part in the search - http://www.nbc12.com/story/26815680/chesterfield-sheriffs-help-in-search-for-hannah-graham

ETA: Volunteer law enforcement, which I'm guessing is a bit different than the public volunteer search effort. It sounds like C'ville and local police were calling on police departments throughout the state to offer help in the search.

This site shows that Mountainview Adult Home is an assisted living facility established in 2010 and had two employees. It shows a phone number. Several posters have discussed the Facebook page for Mountainview Adult Home as well. It has been said (perhaps speculated - don't know) that JLM owned his own business at one time and that he previously worked at a different assisted living facility. Might he be (have been) one of the two employees at MVAH or maybe one of the business (not property) owners?

http://www.manta.com/c/mr44ppr/mountainview-adult-home
(Thanks Balboalady for finding the link for me)

This address and phone number has been associated with about 5 other businesses all started within the same time 2010. Hard to see if this was actually a real business or someone just starting something. All of them look to be started by the owners and family. Travel agency, landscaping, logging and a farm besides the adult home.

Ha, that was Otto, I believe. I am not good with numbers but will leave that to the number crunching sleuths out here.

My question is how this impacts the investigation. From what I have read, it is extremely difficult to determine cause of death with skeletal remains and with little to no tissue left get any sort of toxicology report. How in the world does the prosecution prove defilement with no measure of any alcohol in her system? Honestly, I do not even see how it will make it past arraignment. Not a legal expert, but seems that video and witness testimony is not nearly enough when building a case leading to potential murder charges.
Really? Check out the Alexis Murphy case. WE know NOTHING. There was enough found in his car and apt. for these charges, so I am guessing something of hers was found (sparkly top, going from MH's case). Video and witness statements of the two of them leaving Tempo, her condition before her encounter with him and after. on & on.

Can someone direct me to a source confirming that the property on Old Lynchburg Road is where remains were found? LE would not reveal that sort of info. How exactly was this precise address deduced?

That was going to be my comment too. Buzzards are everywhere here, I never think twice when seeing them. Some folks are fussing over the fact that LE didn't respond more quickly to the Oct 6 tip of buzzards at the house. LE likely had many many dozens if not hundreds of reports of buzzards to sift through.

We have flocks of turkey vultures and they can clean up the roadways very fast. They are an ugly ugly bird.

In light of their recent find, have they called off the search?

Or the FBI and/or LE had coached him as to what to say as an appeal to the "religious" JM.

They may seriously suspect a serial murderer and they are going to need JM's cooperation of how many and where they are...

Did the investigation at the beginning start in the area where they found Hanna's body in the region around where MH was found ?

After a few days of Hannah missing what would you have done ?

Then after knowing that JLM was a person of interest what would you have done ?

Then when finding JLM's DNA connected to MH what would you have done ?

I wonder what comments made within the forum of discussion of Hanna's Search 1....4 did actually point to a possible area of focus.

If there was a capability to vote on "probable" "not probable" "impossible"etc during this process of discussion, I wonder if collectively we would arrive at something useful.

crowd sourcing solutions mixed in with the forum discussion.

I believe so I was asked by a poster if I had drove down that road. I was asked this around Oct 3 , So on the 6th I went back and drove old lynchburg road because of the posters questions to me. So if I ( Or any other member)had got out and walked that road ,instead of just "scouting it out" and found Hannah . WS collective effects would have been the reason .

ETA The reason this area was asked about had to do with sleuthers discoveries and their maps in relation to what was known about the suspect and about the location of MH being found and JM addresses.

Can someone direct me to a source confirming that the property on Old Lynchburg Road is where remains were found? LE would not reveal that sort of info. How exactly was this precise address deduced?

It was first the subject of a Coy Barefoot article, then aerial shots showing the crime scene tape and tons of vehicles on the road outside of the house.

Looking from Google Street View (from a little further from the house), it looks like it might have been possible to pull in the driveway and drive right around to the rear of the house. The driveway doesn't go that far, but it looks easy to do. If so, the killer could have easily gotten out of sight.

Graham-7.jpg

I know I shouldn't be posting this here, but were any of the other missing women (that are potential victims of JM), tall women and were also wearing black tights at the time of them going missing? I just cannot get over the description that is was just bones that was all that was remaining.... just seems way too fast to decompose.

Anyone know if other potential victims would match this skeletal and clothing human remains?

This address and phone number has been associated with about 5 other businesses all started within the same time 2010. Hard to see if this was actually a real business or someone just starting something.

It could have easily been a real business. In VA, an "assisted living facility" doesn't have to mean a huge building with multiple beds. (VA Regulations for assisted living facilities are here - http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/d...gulations/regulations/final_gp_reg_071713.pdf).

My husband's grandmother, who suffers from Alzheimer's, is in what is technically classified as an "assisted living facility." It is the home of a woman and her daughter, who are the owners and employees of the business and who care for my husband's grandmother and another elderly patient. They provide round-the-clock care and are paid out of the family's savings. This was a better situation than the overcrowded nursing facility she was in previously. This has been a huge trend in small business startups lately (the healthcare field in general, assisted living and nursing in particular). It is perfectly within the realm of possibility that whoever was living at this property before it became vacant was operating a similar business from their home. Albemarle County would have records of business name and business license, and the Department of Social Services would have state licensing information.

A Question: Morgan Harrington was left in the open at Anchorage farm---was there ever any reports of buzzards in that area? Could have found her sooner.....or was their mention of a decomposition accelerant in her case.

Just wonder why no one ever saw buzzards circling in the area of her body? The placement of her body does seem different from HG.

I don't know whether or not MH's body had been found by buzzards, but buzzards don't always find everything. Why they don't is a mystery to me, but when they do, they descend en masse and clean things up very quickly, and when they don't, whatever it is just decomposes at whatever rate is dictated by other conditions.

Looking from Google Street View (from a little further from the house), it looks like it might have been possible to pull in the driveway and drive right around to the rear of the house. The driveway doesn't go that far, but it looks easy to do. If so, the killer could have easily gotten out of sight.

View attachment 61748

And it looks like he could have driven down the slight hill behind the house to get closer to the creek.

I think people (not you) expect this to be like a movie, where some crafty serial killer hides a body with care and precision and only very subtle clues.

The truth is much simpler. JM is (allegedly) a serial rapist and killer in real life. This isn't Hollywood. He was already seen on video tapes the night of the disappearance, was careless enough to be seen in 2005 so that a stunningly accurate sketch was produced, clearly left some forensic evidence in at least 3 cases, took the police on a high speed chase, and was dumb enough to try to hide his massive self on a beach in Texas.

I don't understand why people would think that he had some sort of careful solution to hiding a body. I think his MO is to rape and then as quickly as possible dump a body somewhere that he thinks is abandoned. That's all.

The Harrington site was also strange. Distant from the road (where he had to leave his car unattended and visible) but the body was basically in an open field. Why not leave it over in the wooded area, instead? In that case, did he carry the body that far or have her walk?

And it looks like he could have driven down the slight hill behind the house to get closer to the creek.

I SO hope they are able to recover tire tracks and/or footprints. It would be so frustrating if the recent rains had washed any such evidence away.

Have they re-opened the road? Just wondering if any board members had driven past, yet.

I don't understand why people would think that he had some sort of careful solution to hiding a body. I think his MO is to rape and then as quickly as possible dump a body somewhere that he thinks is abandoned. That's all.

True. He has never been particularly careful in any regards, it seems. It just seems he walked an awfully long distance to the Morgan site to not take a tiny bit more care in concealment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime