Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See I would think so too, but then last few years, we have had a lot of turkey vultures hanging round town. That is different from what we used to see 10 years ago. I can imagine, in more rural areas, that to see vultures of some variety, circling, would not be terribly unusual. I am not near VA. but where I live, carrion birds hang out much more so in more rural areas than city, and I can tell you - I do not think twice anymore about turkey vultures, in my childhood unseen unheard of, in the city, circling and landing in the road over dead vermin.

Same here. I'm in richmond and they're everywhere, I ignore them.

Do we know that they didn't follow up on a tip or was one not called in until later?

Speaking as a guy who bought a home that had a dead body stashed under the crawl space...

- In NC you have to disclose.

- In my case, SBI dogs picked up on scent almost 3 years (?) after victim was murdered.

No, this was NOT my sister's case, this was years later when I moved to the States. Yes, this stuff seems to follow me. You gotta keep a sense of humor. :)

www.theresaallore.com
Nope, in nc you do not have to disclose.

Death or Serious Illness
Is the fact that someone died in the property a material fact? Does it matter if it was natural causes or suicide or murder? While many individuals might like to know this information, the General Assembly enacted legislation in 1989 stating that the death or serious illness of a former occupant is not a material fact and thus need not be disclosed. The two relevant statutes are G.S. 39-50 (for sales of property) and G.S. 42-14.2 (for leases of property). The two statutes are virtually identical and read:
In offering real property for [sale][rent or lease] it shall not be deemed a material fact that the real property was occupied previously by a person who died or had a serious illness while occupying the property...; provided, however, that no [seller] [landlord or lessor] may knowingly make a false statement regarding any such fact.
Thus, the statute excuses owners, sellers, lessors, and brokers from affirmatively disclosing that a previous occupant died or had a serious illness. Nonetheless, listing agents may wish to discuss this issue with their sellers.

Additionally, in cases of hiv aids you cant say anything, and that is federal

See I would think so too, but then last few years, we have had a lot of turkey vultures hanging round town. That is different from what we used to see 10 years ago. I can imagine, in more rural areas, that to see vultures of some variety, circling, would not be terribly unusual. I am not near VA. but where I live, carrion birds hang out much more so in more rural areas than city, and I can tell you - I do not think twice anymore about turkey vultures, in my childhood unseen unheard of, in the city, circling and landing in the road over dead vermin.

I agree. If I were to chase down every turkey vulture feeding on deer and critters by the side of the road down here in NC, I'd be run ragged.

I am confused by this. Wasn't Wertland where they first reported Hannah's last text came from? This statement reads there was another assault "reported" by someone at UVA on 9/14 . At 15th and Wertland. Then another UVA assault reported on 9/15? Thinking out loud.

http://www.wsls.com/story/26576160/...ts-reported-after-hannah-graham-disappearance

CHARLOTTESVILLE (WSLS) -- The*University of Virginia's Police Chief*sent an e-mail to students and staff about two*reports of sexual assaults near campus after Hannah Graham disappeared. Police tell NBC29 they don't believe the incidents are linked to Graham's case.
UVA ALERT:

To the University community:

I write to inform of two incidents under investigation by the Charlottesville Police Department that have recently come to our attention.

The first incident involves a female U.Va. student who reported being sexually assaulted near Wertland Street in the early morning hours of Sept. 14.

The second incident is believed to have occurred in the 200 block of 15th Street NW during the early morning hours of Sept. 15, where police discovered an unconscious female who is a local resident. The circumstances regarding her injuries are unclear and are being investigated as a possible sexual assault.

Survivors of sexual assault may report an assault to the police in one of two ways. First, they can report directly to the police by calling 911. Second, if medical attention is sought through the U.Va. Emergency Department, a report can be requested. Survivors can also report anonymously at www.virginia.edu/sexualviolence/sexualassault/reportingoptions/anonymous.html.

A sexual assault is a traumatic experience and no one should feel forced to do anything. Consider the suggestions and tips below, which are intended for survivors and as preventative recommendations:

The final location must have been chosen in a hurry, IMO, because it wasn't really very secluded--honestly, I'm sort of surprised the remains weren't found sooner.

Actually, I am surprised that they found her this quickly. To me, looking in this area is truly like looking for a needle in a haystack. We have a lot of wooded area, nooks, crannies, etc. Honestly, if there were a body in my creek bed, I would have no clue until the birds showed up. Even then, I would think it was an animal carcass of some kind. Now, I will say when someone reports 30 buzzards sitting on the roof of a house, that warrants attention. Yikes.

You are incorrect. I am a real estate agent, licensed in VA, and very familiar with VA disclosure requirements. Sellers do not need to disclose if property was the scene of a brutal crime.

Same as in Delaware and Pennsylvania. Unless a buyer asks, no requirement to disclose. IIRC, called a stigmatized property?

:laughing:Still cleaning up screen. lol

Me too. That was a scream. Thanks for the much needed chuckle SteveP!!!! I stand corrected I was ROFLMAO. Too funny. Laughing with you Steve. Laughing with you.

Actually, I am surprised that they found her this quickly. To me, looking in this area is truly like looking for a needle in a haystack. We have a lot of wooded area, nooks, crannies, etc. Honestly, if there were a body in my creek bed, I would have no clue until the birds showed up. Even then, I would think it was an animal carcass of some kind. Now, I will say when someone reports 30 buzzards sitting on the roof of a house, that warrants attention. Yikes.

I really thought it would be a Hunter or years to come before Hannah was found. Happens in so many cases despite the wonderful effort of those searching. Sometimes I think maybe I just go with that thought. Having hope dashed on so many cases I guess.

Gosh trying to catch up..perhaps Hanna's dental records are in another country? How long for DNA?

Speaking as a guy who bought a home that had a dead body stashed under the crawl space...

- In NC you have to disclose.

- In my case, SBI dogs picked up on scent almost 3 years (?) after victim was murdered.

No, this was NOT my sister's case, this was years later when I moved to the States. Yes, this stuff seems to follow me. You gotta keep a sense of humor. :)

www.theresaallore.com

I know what case you are talking about.

I think they need to compared the UID found in stafford VA to that person.

I wish this didn't bother me so much- of course, he's cooperative- he has a routine, he's secure, he knows he's getting fed- & as a result of (what I believe to be) his actions, these girls are extinguished, will never have a chance to see what they could have been, & their families will never recover. God help me, I want him to feel fear & pain & hopelessness.

I couldn't have said it any better..perfectly spoken..nothing that murdering scum will face on this earth can even begin to come close to what he has done to/taken from these girls and their families..it makes me absolutely so sick inside I can't stand it.

I know that the property at 31xx, that we now know was the location of the remains that were found, was reported as abandoned, and certainly was and had been unoccupied for quite some time. It had been listed with a realtor fairly recently, so I am wondering what the likelihood is that the owner still had the power turned on there? I ask because, and I have thought this for a while, that JLM strikes me as the kind of sadistic monster that would derive great pleasure from being able to SEE what he is doing to his victim. It has been reported by locals that that area is pitch black at night. I know it was mentioned somewhere what phase the moon was in that night, but was it a clear night? Would he have been able to see what he was doing? If the house had power, I would be willing to bet he was inside it during at least some of what went down, and I hope and am confident that LE will examine every inch of that property with a microscope. JMO

Gosh trying to catch up..perhaps Hanna's dental records are in another country? How long for DNA?

She's lived in the US since she was a child (7 or 8?), so unless her teeth were just naturally as healthy looking as they were in her photos I am guessing she went to the dentist. MOO.

Otto- what do you see? Can you please repost with a circle around what you see and your thoughts? I see three points of interest. Can you zoom in closer?

Interesting that a neighbor put this together. Maybe I'm wrong, but I inferred she put it together perhaps before HG went missing.

It seemed more like she is still trying to put it together.

Caroline Burns says that she began to wonder if Matthew was involved in this death investigation.

“When I heard about the taxi cab and the Harrington girl and where they found her and the fact that he lived in all these areas, you start to wonder,” says Burns. “So it's a shame that we didn't put it together.”

I'm sure LE is on it, but I hope they look through records concerning people who have rented/leased this house. Even going back several years. I keep wondering if this was some sort of creepy house of horror in any way. Especially if they discover more than one set of remains in the surrounding area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drnatalie