Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is correct (and looks to be so thanks for posting) then my thoughts of HG being in the woods off to the left side of the cottage would be wrong. And that is very scary to me because I was thinking off the side of the cottage due to tree cover driving in. What you have posted shows that he prob just drove right up that open driveway. There is great cover behind the house, but to just drive up that driveway out in the open, even in the dark, is very bold....scary.
He either doesn't think that deeply about it or he just doesn't care.
Anyway, thanks for posting.

He still could have used that side/tree covered access to pull in, IMO.

But if it didn't, and just drove right on up to the front door mat, it wouldn't surprise me. He looked to be operating on some serious "I am invincible tonight" thoughts that night. Brazen, didn't care who saw him. Really out there in the open. As many here have said- it didn't appear he was thinking about anything other than himself that night.

Welcome to WebSleuths!!!

If this is correct (and looks to be so thanks for posting) then my thoughts of HG being in the woods off to the left side of the cottage would be wrong. And that is very scary to me because I was thinking off the side of the cottage due to tree cover driving in. What you have posted shows that he prob just drove right up that open driveway. There is great cover behind the house, but to just drive up that driveway out in the open, even in the dark, is very bold....scary.

True, but we never know, he may have started out by the cottage and then somehow they ended up there, most likely because she ran, she may have thought that someone lived there and ran for help, you never know.
The thing that gets me is where that police tape was, it almost seems that she was found in the yard vs in the woods, otherwise why was the tape so close to the house?

Here is an excellent article from Forbes for anyone wishing to learn more about the costs of the death penalty vs. life in prison. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/05/01/considering-the-death-penalty-your-tax-dollars-at-work/ As to the "delay" in releasing the identification of the remains found, there could be many reasons - collection of additional bones, attempting to determine cause of death along with the ID, etc. Notification will come, we just have to try to be patient (and I know it is frustrating!) JMO

Also notice what appears to be a white crime scene tent on the front of the property, close to OLR (lower left corner of the property). Something must have been found there also. JMO

I have read that there was a full moon. If it was bright, he could have cut the lights and seen approximately where he was going. Some have suggested that the damage to his auto may have been done that night. JMO

True, but we never know, he may have started out by the cottage and then somehow they ended up there, most likely because she ran, she may have thought that someone lived there and ran for help, you never know.

If you do street view or drive view on Google, though, you can see that anywhere on that property line is not visible from any other house. So it really wouldn't have mattered where he pulled in or did anything else. The entire property (as best I can tell from doing the above) is hidden from view of surrounding properties because of the topography.

Looking at the photo, I wonder if this is the dry creek bed LE is referring to. Look at the swells and curves of the hills surrounding the house.

I wonder if JLM took her here, to afford some privacy from the road and then just left her afterwards?

It seems to me this could be the dry creek they are talking about. Area Im talking about is arrowed in orange.

creek2.jpg

Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
<BBM for Focus>

Imo, The Albemarle Co PD' 1970s antiquated tight lipped investigative strategy of Silence is responsible for enabling sexual predator/serial killer Jesse Matthew to remain stealth for years. Allowing him to prey on many more unsuspecting innocent victims.. Silence by ACPD/VSP was/is JM's most lethal weapon, imo...

"Without public safety for our families, friends, and loved ones.. We have nothing"...

I find it highly insulting that you would point the finger at a single LE agency just because they don't wish to fulfill the public's morbid curiosity about the details of this case. His prior assaults were handled by other counties and agencies and the ONLY one responsible for this is JLM, not Albemarle County, not the city of Charlottesville or any other LE agency that may be involved at any point in his life.

Hillbilly, sorry if my observations, conclusions, and opinions offend you. The innocent victims of the Silent Epidemic and their families are my primary concern...They have no voice...
Actually I didn't point the finger at a single LEA. I also pointed the finger at VSP, that imo utilizes the same antiquated 1970s investigative strategy of Silence which only causes more innocent lives lost and mounting cold cases. We are now in the communications era. There is over 180,000 unsolved missing/murdered cold cases in the USA due to LEAs that adhere to this strategy of the past.. The American Public is the most valuable investigative resource of LE. Why would they squander this very valuable tool? JMO

I started to read the thread last night discussing the gate, and now I can not find the posts I was reading. (Can someone point me in the direction of those, I know it was in Thread #3...)
I am sure hoping they looked that gate top and down if it is the vicinity... I can see a monster in a beat up car, not caring if it gets beat up more and driving his car through it... maybe some paint left behind...

jmcar.jpg

I have read that there was a full moon. If it was bright, he could have cut the lights and seen approximately where he was going. Some have suggested that the damage to his auto may have been done that night. JMO

3/4 moon.

Here is a photo that has the area of recovery circled. I should point out that being fixated on the dry creek bed description and expecting it to be obvious is a little off base. It could be a long line of creek bed material or it could be a small stretch of residual ancient creek activity. My home sits right on a dry creek bed, the creek that formed it is now below the home and would never feed the dry portion and it is not obvious to the naked eye unless you are an insurance premium adjuster and was looking for a reason to jack up my home insurance for any reason. :)

JLM_CvillePhotos.jpg

Ah. I am not a DP proponent, so we will just have to agree to disagree. My point is simply that the 2005 case will at least get him off the streets for good, no matter what they have on the others (which I suspect is a lot)

I think you misunderstand me. If hes found guilty of the crimes I mentioned I dont think he needs to be put away for life, and become a burden on the system or the taxpayer.

Virginia is a death penalty state and if convicted, I think he deserves no less.

Looking at the photo, I wonder if this is the dry creek bed LE is referring to. Look at the swells and curves of the hills surrounding the house.

I wonder if JLM took her here, to afford some privacy from the road and then just left her afterwards?

It seems to me this could be the dry creek they are talking about. Area Im talking about is arrowed in orange.

View attachment 61889

Yes, that's the area I've been referring to since the beginning. You can even follow it to the adjoining property on the left and see what appears to be gravel/rock.

Here is a photo that has the area of recovery circled. I should point out that being fixated on the dry creek bed description and expecting it to be obvious is a little off base. It could be a long line of creek bed material or it could be a small stretch of residual ancient creek activity. My home sits right on a dry creek bed, the creek that formed it is now below the home and would never feed the dry portion and it is not obvious to the naked eye unless you are an insurance premium adjuster and was looking for a reason to jack up my home insurance for any reason. :)

View attachment 61890

This is Web Sleuths, becoming fixated on certain details is what we do. To tell me or anyone else here were off base is more than a little presumptuous IMO.

We all have different perspectives, as well as different life-experiences, and various strengths and weaknesses that we contribute in our own way.

Thats whats great about this community.

mirv22, I honor and respect your opinion, but respectfully disagree.. Public awareness is not only a very effective investigative tool for LE, but is equally as effective for the prosecution and ongoing investigation.. Serial Murder investigations are marathons and not sprints.. The investigation does not end until all the unknown victims are identified and located if possible, imo.. There are many unanswered questions in Jesse Matthew's decade long evil trail of terror, imo.. Where would this case be without the tremendous amount of awareness created by CPD Chief Tim Longo via ms media/internet social sites and ensuing citizen tips?

And the more this case is talked about, maybe the more likely silent rape victims will come forward...

FWIW, the Fairfax charges do not carry the death penalty in VA.

And different topic: assuming murder charges in HG case (and MH case too) are filed against JM, I assume those will be filed in Albemarle Co, since that's where the bodies were found? So it's Albemarle Co investigators in charge, and Longo/CPD supports their efforts but is not in charge? (I can't help saying I sure wish Longo were still running the whole investigative shebang.)
Does anyone have info on how strong/good/successful the Albemarle Co prosecutor's office is?

If you do street view or drive view on Google, though, you can see that anywhere on that property line is not visible from any other house. So it really wouldn't have mattered where he pulled in or did anything else. The entire property (as best I can tell from doing the above) is hidden from view of surrounding properties because of the topography.

That's very true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member