Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk and stories about vultures, having really no ideas about what they all can do, I was shocked reading all that. I asked a question this morning about teeth, and if perhaps they might pull them out of a body, and mentioned I had never seen one in my life. Was standing in my garage, and two vultures, I wouldn't know that was what they were, if I hadn't learned about them on here, came out of a tree with a squirrel, landed and started fighting over it. Then another came out of the tree and flew away. I have only lived in the South for about 7 months, am definitely a city person, and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. All I could do is think of Hannah's parents, family and friends, and just the thought of those awful creatures doing that to their daughter's body, made me sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with them, and hope someday they can have some peace, I just don't know how.

I have been a lurker for quite sometime. I have been trying to get approved to bring something to light that I have not seen any of you discuss.
There is another girl missing in Albemarle county that went missing on July 17th. She is 17 years old and was wearing black pants. This girl seems
to have fell through the cracks because when calling APD or ASD (Sheriff's), both are referring back to the other and have no knowledge of this girl.
When calling the missing kids info, as of October 17th she is still considered missing. Just because black pants were at the crime scene does not
mean it is Hannah IMO. Here is a link to the missing girl. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/USVA/VA14-1574/1#poster

Wow. This is the same time, perhaps even day, Bonnie Santiago went missing as well. I wonder why LE is not talking about this 17 year old missing girl? My local news has not talked about it either. At least the local TV news. And Daily Progress in Cville isn't talking about it either.

I have a friend who know HG. She wasn't one to be into that. She just drank, she wasn't into drug according to her friends but yes I think all of us are VERY curious to know why she went to McGradys and then to downtown mall. LE knows why she went to McGradys. Its all on the cell phone records but they won't say till trial. The fact Longo said "she clearly lost her way" not buying it. She was a soph not a freshman.

At UVA (like Tech), all freshman live on campus which is on the other side of Cville and they don't have cars. Since this was the first few weeks of her second year at school, she probably didn't know that area at all. I never lived on that side of Cville even when I moved off campus and never really knew that area.

I have been a lurker for quite sometime. I have been trying to get approved to bring something to light that I have not seen any of you discuss.
There is another girl missing in Albemarle county that went missing on July 17th. She is 17 years old and was wearing black pants. This girl seems
to have fell through the cracks because when calling APD or ASD (Sheriff's), both are referring back to the other and have no knowledge of this girl.
When calling the missing kids info, as of October 17th she is still considered missing. Just because black pants were at the crime scene does not
mean it is Hannah IMO. Here is a link to the missing girl. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/USVA/VA14-1574/1#poster

She's 4'9"

Thats a BIG difference in height when were talking about HG being 5'11"

I suppose its possible for the LE officer to make that kind of mistake but it seems unlikely IMO.

:welcome: to WS! Thank you for sharing. One thing jumps out from your link, it says she is 4'9", that doesn't fit the remains description although that was quickly redacted right? Bless her, she's tiny :(

Thank you and welcome Hooville Native. I haven't heard of this missing girl. The deputy who interviewed about the discovery of remains seemed to think they belonged to a tall person because the vertebrae was intact and seemed longer. But, who knows at this point?

Then several people that knew C'Ville well said college students rarely go to the mall area- they usually attend parties, and even though she was a sophomore, she probably wouldn't be familiar with that area. I still find that hard to believe- what do your UVA friends say about being familiar with the mall as students?

I am one of four in our family who went to UVA, and I can confidently say that most UVA students never go to the downtown mall before they graduate. There's no reason to, really. The University Grounds is full of parties, and the DTM is more frequented by Townies.

I agree Whiskers. A few of us are trying to get a picture from vsp and get something bought to light on her. Calls have been made today and yesterday. APD and ASD are referring you back to each other as if neither one is handling the case but it clearly says to call APD with information and they seem to have no knowledge and refers you back to ASD. Its a crazy situation.

Wow! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I do have to wonder why neither LE department seems to know of her. Is there reason to believe that she left voluntarily with someone? Reason to believe she is a runaway? Who initially reported her missing? If it were my child, LE would know about her if I had to park at headquarters every day screaming it to anyone who would listen. I truly hope that she is found safe. I will point out that while I don't put too much faith in the accuracy of the description of the remains that the officer gave in the interview, he did think that the vertebra was that of a taller person, and this missing young lady is only 4'9", according to the missing child info. The black pants do make you wonder though. JMO

JM may have not thought about all of the things we are thinking that could have happened that night but I imagine he has gone over some type of plan in his mind a time or two. I have yet to hear anywhere if someone has found something that triggers him in the fall time. "Back to school" rapist/killer/abductor. Maybe he is mad because he never got to finish college cause he was kicked out? Maybe he was getting more and more mad as time passed (being 32 now and never finished college) and has made it really tough on LE to be able to ID remains.
MaggieMoo*

FWIW all of JLM's suspected attacks occurred on days LIBERTY U. Had a football game, maybe it was a trigger.
Sep 24, 20051 p.m.vs. William and Mary
Williamsburg, Va.L (0-56)
Oct 17, 20093:30 PMCoastal Carolina*
Homecoming Weekend
Lynchburg, Va
Sep 13, 20147:00 PMBrevard
TV: LFSN/ESPN3 Radio: LFSN
Lynchburg, Va.

I agree Whiskers. A few of us are trying to get a picture from vsp and get something bought to light on her. Calls have been made today and yesterday. APD and ASD are referring you back to each other as if neither one is handling the case but it clearly says to call APD with information and they seem to have no knowledge and refers you back to ASD. Its a crazy situation.

Very crazy. Do you know her? Maybe we can get a thread relegated to her as well. I cannot believe more people around here aren't talking about it. The news may not even know. Bonnie Santiago is mentioned among the missing women, but never this 17 year old.

And for those following, I don't think the poster means that the skeleton is one of these other women. Simply shedding light on others who are missing in the area and LE does not discuss it.

Perhaps the reason we have not found Hannah's top is he took it off and took it with him. He may have had a certain pattern of completely undressing his victims not all abductors do.

He probably does take the shirt. MH shirt was taken off her and thrown on a bush in front of an apartment right down the street from HG apartment. I think he was trying to throw off the police. I think her purse was found in the arena's parking lot I bet he threw it there. I think he was trying to make it look like some UVA student may have committed the crime.

Wow. This is the same time, perhaps even day, Bonnie Santiago went missing as well. I wonder why LE is not talking about this 17 year old missing girl? My local news has not talked about it either. At least the local TV news. And Daily Progress in Cville isn't talking about it either.

I'm sorry all. She went missing July 12th not July 17th. My mistake.

All this talk and stories about vultures, having really no ideas about what they all can do, I was shocked reading all that. I asked a question this morning about teeth, and if perhaps they might pull them out of a body, and mentioned I had never seen one in my life. Was standing in my garage, and two vultures, I wouldn't know that was what they were, if I hadn't learned about them on here, came out of a tree with a squirrel, landed and started fighting over it. Then another came out of the tree and flew away. I have only lived in the South for about 7 months, am definitely a city person, and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. All I could do is think of Hannah's parents, family and friends, and just the thought of those awful creatures doing that to their daughter's body, made me sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with them, and hope someday they can have some peace, I just don't know how.

Black vultures, the type observed where the remains were found, don't just hang around in the country. They are notorious for dumpster diving. Prior to reading up on them, I never knew that. We just returned from Disney World, and the day we left we were driving down a main street near Orlando and I saw 25-35 black vultures on and around a dumpster behind a building in a shopping complex. Yes, it gave me the creeps!

At UVA (like Tech), all freshman live on campus which is on the other side of Cville and they don't have cars. Since this was the first few weeks of her second year at school, she probably didn't know that area at all. I never lived on that side of Cville even when I moved off campus and never really knew that area.

Just want to point out that first years also mingle with second, third, and fourth year students that have cars. During her first year my daughter went places with other band members that had cars. Plus there is public transportation to go way off campus. Not having a car doesn't mean the areas a student can go are limited. And we've seen that Hannah isn't afraid to walk, even late at night.

Wow! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I do have to wonder why neither LE department seems to know of her. Is there reason to believe that she left voluntarily with someone? Reason to believe she is a runaway? Who initially reported her missing? If it were my child, LE would know about her if I had to park at headquarters every day screaming it to anyone who would listen. I truly hope that she is found safe. I will point out that while I don't put too much faith in the accuracy of the description of the remains that the officer gave in the interview, he did think that the vertebra was that of a taller person, and this missing young lady is only 4'9", according to the missing child info. The black pants do make you wonder though. JMO

The black pants of a 6 foot tall person and a 4'9" person would be significantly different in size as well.

Teeth are bone - in fact, tooth enamel is even harder than bone, and can last for hundreds, even thousands of years - when bodies are burned beyond recognition, it's often the teeth that are used to identify the remains, since they're the most resistant part of the body to fire. I don't think any kind of decomp process would've damaged the teeth to that extent, but perhaps a large scavenger took away the lower jawbone, and/or enough of the the upper teeth to make id difficult.

I guess the variable here is how recent and encompassing are her radiological dental records? If she's never had a filling, hasn't had any dental x-rays for 5 years, (remember, she's 18 - her permanent teeth aren't that old), etc, that might lead to uncertainty.

I can't imagine he'd go to the trouble of damaging the teeth - I've heard of people burning bodies, burying them, or removing their head/hands in extreme cases. But I suppose anything's possible.

Have I missed something? Forgive me but why are there discussions about missing teeth? Thanks in advance!

No. I do not know her. Just happen to run across it yesterday and presented it to the HSTNG to bring light to it. I am hoping that calls will generate a picture and info so HSTNG can get it in the news.

Very crazy. Do you know her? Maybe we can get a thread relegated to her as well. I cannot believe more people around here aren't talking about it. The news may not even know. Bonnie Santiago is mentioned among the missing women, but never this 17 year old.

And for those following, I don't think the poster means that the skeleton is one of these other women. Simply shedding light on others who are missing in the area and LE does not discuss it.

Agree about the height difference, but it's sad that this girl's disappearance wasn't more publicized and there isn't even a photo of her on the website. :(

Agree about the height difference, but it's sad that this girl's disappearance wasn't more publicized and there isn't even a photo of her on the website. :(

Agreed, and how on earth do you find a missing person if you don't even know what he/she looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand