Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right??!?! I think that's WHY they were able to charge him with abduction and intent to defile. Remember they searched his car and apartment, got the forensics back then announced those charges and he knew what they'd find it's why he fled to Texas.

Does anyone remember when LE searched JM's apartment? Was it the day the seized his car (Friday?) or did they have the car, then based on what they found were able to get that search warrant for the apartment later? I'm just thinking if LE had searched the apartment before he went to police station that Sat he asked for atty, he probably didn't have her clothes stashed at home since he would have figured he would be arrested on the spot, right? I think he would have just fled, skipping the visit to PD.

Why isn't it when this thread is discussing the forensic confirmation for Hannah?
I see your point. I think we could discuss this other missing person in more detail in the Possible Other Victims thread though. That's JMO and I'm not a moderator of course. :)

Does anyone remember when LE searched JM's apartment? Was it the day the seized his car (Friday?) or did they have the car, then based on what they found were able to get that search warrant for the apartment later? I'm just thinking if LE had searched the apartment before he went to police station that Sat he asked for atty, he probably didn't have her clothes stashed at home since he would have figured he would be arrested on the spot, right? I think he would have just fled, skipping the visit to PD.

Yes, the seizure of the car revealed something that allowed them to obtain a warrant to search the apartment. Between the time police seized the car and the time they returned to the apartment, the people who had been there in the early morning hours had left. I'll go find the link for ya.

ETA:
Here you go: "However, [Longo] said the search of the car "established probable cause" for the subsequent search of the apartment."

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...ues-after-tip-fails-to-turn-up-missing-teen-1

She told me that none of HG friends knew why she was down there cause students usually do not go down to the mall, its not a hang out area for the students but my friend told me that she (my friend) was close to the 14th and wertland area around 1 am that night and it was packed outside, tons and tons of people out because UVA had just won a huge football game earlier that day and it was one of the first weekends back. My friend did not see HG in the wertland area (if you remember HG supposedly sent a text at 1:20 AM saying she was lost around that area) but my friend said HG would have known where she was even if drunk and she was lost at 14th and wertland b/c its right near a bunch of good restaurants and first years walk to those restaurants when they get tired of campus food.

As I have said before I think she was looking for a bar. I think she was suppose to meet one or more people at a bar. She is walking on main roads which is where the bars are and she goes into the Downtown mall where there are multiple bars. If she was looking for a house party she would be walking on the side streets and I would think the house party would be right in the area she lives so I don't think she would get hat lost. Her behavior at McGrady's could confirm she was looking for a bar. Right when she get's to McGrady's she stops and it looks like she is peeking into the patio looking for someone. When she leaves McGrady's she walks across the street and when she is almost across she stops and turns around and looks at McGrady's for a few seconds.

Yes, the seizure of the car revealed something that allowed them to obtain a warrant to search the apartment. Between the time police seized the car and the time they returned to the apartment, the people who had been there in the early morning hours had left. I'll go find the link for ya.

Didn't they also search the car a second time, after the apartment?

FWIW all of JLM's suspected attacks occurred on days LIBERTY U. Had a football game, maybe it was a trigger.
Sep 24, 2005 1 p.m. vs. William and Mary
Williamsburg, Va.L (0-56)

Oct 17, 2009 3:30 PM Coastal Carolina*
Homecoming Weekend
Lynchburg, Va

Sep 13, 2014 7:00 PM Brevard
TV: LFSN/ESPN3 Radio: LFSN
Lynchburg, Va.

VERY interesting!

Didn't they also search the car a second time, after the apartment?

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that once they searched and seized the car, they kept it. I thought it has been in police custody since the day they first searched it.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that once they searched and seized the car, they kept it. I thought it has been in police custody since the day they first searched it.

You are correct. I am pretty sure they searched his apartment a second time, however.

I have been a lurker for quite sometime. I have been trying to get approved to bring something to light that I have not seen any of you discuss.
There is another girl missing in Albemarle county that went missing on July 17th. She is 17 years old and was wearing black pants. This girl seems
to have fell through the cracks because when calling APD or ASD (Sheriff's), both are referring back to the other and have no knowledge of this girl.
When calling the missing kids info, as of October 17th she is still considered missing. Just because black pants were at the crime scene does not
mean it is Hannah IMO. Here is a link to the missing girl. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/USVA/VA14-1574/1#poster

she is tiny 4'9" but wearing 'black' pants when she disappeared..do we have a thread for her??

MaggieMoo*

FWIW all of JLM's suspected attacks occurred on days LIBERTY U. Had a football game, maybe it was a trigger.
Sep 24, 20051 p.m.vs. William and Mary
Williamsburg, Va.L (0-56)
Oct 17, 20093:30 PMCoastal Carolina*
Homecoming Weekend
Lynchburg, Va
Sep 13, 20147:00 PMBrevard
TV: LFSN/ESPN3 Radio: LFSN
Lynchburg, Va.

They were all on a Saturday!

Not everyone who joins understands the rules here right away. Not to be snarky, but I know I didn't :blushing: And I'm still learning.

But if someone interrupts a thread to let people know about another missing woman, I'm going to listen and respond. Especially for those of us living in the vicinity.

I agree Whiskers. A few of us are trying to get a picture from vsp and get something bought to light on her. Calls have been made today and yesterday. APD and ASD are referring you back to each other as if neither one is handling the case but it clearly says to call APD with information and they seem to have no knowledge and refers you back to ASD. Its a crazy situation.

I'll DM you.

"There were buzzards on the rooftop," said Pugh. "As well as on a tree on the back left corner of the property. Not a normal amount. Twenty or 30 at least."

Pugh's a hunter and the buzzards haunted him.

"About an hour later, I was like, you know, I need to make a call," he said.

It was 18 days later that volunteers followed up. Scouring the property on Old Lynchburg Road deputies found what were by then just skeletal remains.
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/10/23/bobby-pughs-tip-may-have-led-to-hannah-grahams-body/17791605/
bbm

I have been a lurker for quite sometime. I have been trying to get approved to bring something to light that I have not seen any of you discuss.
There is another girl missing in Albemarle county that went missing on July 17th. She is 17 years old and was wearing black pants. This girl seems
to have fell through the cracks because when calling APD or ASD (Sheriff's), both are referring back to the other and have no knowledge of this girl.
When calling the missing kids info, as of October 17th she is still considered missing. Just because black pants were at the crime scene does not
mean it is Hannah IMO. Here is a link to the missing girl. http://www.missingkids.com/poster/USVA/VA14-1574/1#poster
I sent this post to Shutterbug so Cindy can be added to her amazing timeline!

She's 4'9"

Thats a BIG difference in height when were talking about HG being 5'11"

I suppose its possible for the LE officer to make that kind of mistake but it seems unlikely IMO.

Actually, I know from being fitted for a backpack that the length of your spine isn't necessarily indicative of your height. And I really question if the officer who found the remains really could guess how tall the person was by looking at the spine of a skeleton that was laying on the ground. Not to say he was lying, but you have to take in to consideration the length of the leg bones as well as the spine to determine height and he probably did only a cursory look and then called the find in and backed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand