Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been following this here for over 7 hours it was on the scanner thread 11 hours ago. No one is currently posting on the scanner.

There's a scanner thread? Could you please provide a link to this? I live south of Charlottesville and I've thought of listening in (I have a VHF scanner that I use for railfanning purposes...) tia

Agreed. I live here; I know. However, MH's killer knew the area. There are places I can walk at night in the woods without light (depending on the moon and my level of fear of wildlife!) without a problem. There are other places I wouldn't dare travel even with a spotlight.

I think he knew where he was going, and I don't think it would be a problem for him, even in the woods, even carrying/dragging a victim.

There was a 3/4 moon that night. Was it cloudy or clear?

My backyard trails would be hard to travel at night even though they are our trails that we made. Too narrow.

But there is a city trail by me that is blocked off for vehicles, but it can have city vehicles on it for maintenance. Off the trail, the vegetation is difficult.

The city trail has had a lot of vandalism in parked cars, so theh installed a cam. Not announced , but I know because of LE connections. I wonder if there are cams in parking lots of trails in VA? Would he know if there are or not?

If I know about cams in my area, then anyone could know and we would not be the wiser about his knowing.

But if there are cams, it would narrow the places he could enter.

Doable, but picture yourself carrying her through the woods dodging branches and brambles. That is why I feel it is a field or a wide path or something not too far into the woods.

For an experiment, go into the woods with a narrow path carrying something. Not a back back, it could even be pillows to show what happens when one walks through vegetation.

I walk in the woods almost everyday, so that is why I feel I can speak to this. I even have scratches, that I did nit realize I got, that have scabbed over , from a few weeks ago

There are some very wide paths at spotsylvaniagreenways.org. JLM posted something about the area on Facebook (according to a WS poster). Seems to me he would have to be familiar with the area if he posted about it. For all we know, he may have been one of the volunteers in the organization. The area called Salamander Loop gives guided tours the second Sunday of each month.

As others have mentioned, there is a quarry in Charlottesville - off of the same road (Red Hill Rd) where Morgan Harrington was found (on Anchorage Farm) - in the opposite direction, just 2.9 miles. I would *assume* that LE and searchers have scoured the areas surrounding that road since JM is said to have grown up in that area.

I don't disagree with you, but I think you guys are making him more "concerned" than I think he was.

First, why would he not drag her through anything difficult. He certainly wasn't worried about her getting caught on anything, that wouldn't have been a concern. Scratches? Big deal. He wasn't expecting to get caught. Someone's already brought up the possibility of a scratch on his chin. As rough and tumble and outdoorsy as he is, he could play off any scratches to football, fishing, hiking, camping. I can't go camping or hiking without getting scratches. Heck, I can hardly get through a day without getting some sort of injury! ;)

I don't think the woods would slow him down as much as you guys seem to think they would. I don't want them ruled out because it would be more difficult or he might become entangled or stumble or scratched. I honestly don't think he cared about any of that, nor do I think they would have been overwhelming obstacles to him, preventing him from putting her somewhere where "no one would ever go" and where he would risk her being found. But I don't mean machete-thick underbrush; I mean the "typical" woods here - trees.

I am only thinking if he has scratches, LE could wonder if he walked into the woods.

Dragging her makes more sense , at times, doesn't it? I was stuck on him carrying her. I hope her family never ever reads on here.

Still, it would have to be some kind of path or field.

Deer make nice paths which are narrow and they do not care about vegetation, but at least it is a path.

The possiblites are staggering.

I hope those sweet little doe eyes and smile are turned when he realizes that prison is going to be his new spot.

I am only thinking if he has scratches, LE could wonder if he walked into the woods.

Dragging her makes more sense , at times, doesn't it? I was stuck on him carrying her. I hope her family never ever reads on here.

Deer make nice paths which are narrow and they do not care about vegetation, but at least it is a path.

I hope those sweet little doe eyes and smile are turned when he realizes that prison is going to be his new spot.

Heartbrokenly agreed.

Chances are that if he went into woods or a field he already knew the area so he either would have taken her someplace he knew he could go while it was dark or he would have been prepared with some sort of light

Anybody know where the search efforts are focused today?

Chances are that if he went into woods or a field he already knew the area so he either would have taken her someplace he knew he could go while it was dark or he would have been prepared with some sort of light

So was he prepared with a new spot? Does he admit to himself he is a killer?

To me he seems like the type that would blame others, but how do I know.

It is hard to believe that he attacked that woman in Fairfax.

He raped a couple of college girls and then went on to rape strangers?

How does this all work in serial killer land?

It seems more like he should be doing the MH, HG type instead of the attack.

Does anyone know how these monsters work?

For all new members who are listening to the scanner, thank you! Any ears on the scanner are always welcomed :) Just to let you know if you are listening to, or are reading what is heard on the scanner. It cannot be brought up here, what is heard and read on the scanner MUST stay down on the scanner thread. You can however if you hear or read something that might be of interest say something like 'Check out the scanner thread' or 'Activity on the scanner' ect and post the link to the scanner thread.

And here is the link to the scanner thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257479-Hannah-Graham-missing-Charlottesville-VA-scanner/page55

Newbie here - amazed at the efforts of all the sleuths on here. Interesting find in that picture for sure. Was about to suggest the same thing re: an outline to help those who only see a fuzzy image.

Welcome to the Websleuths family reeditor.. We were all newbies at one time.. The Websleuths member with the most posts has 225,000 comments.. Amazing huh?

Originally Posted by ChiaPet View Post

ChiaPet, imo JM was/is a 'Mixed' Sexual Predator Serial Killer--> A Combination of Organized and Disorganized Predator...Although it was a full moon on 09/11/2014, JM would have likely had a rape/kill kit with duct tape headlamp, rope, cuffs, zip ties, etc., and other recidivist predator tools, imo.
http://twistedminds.creativescapism.com/serial-killers-introduction/holmes-typology/characteristics/

Headlamps
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...on=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=head lamps for hunting
Moon Rise: 08:58 PM (PDT) 9/11/2014 <Full Moon>

http://weather.mercurynews.com/auto/mercurynews/history/airport/KTVL/2014/9/11/DailyHistory.html <Scroll Down for moon phases>

It's very difficult to drag a body - even on a smooth surface like vinyl flooring, so I think it would be really difficult to drag her - even in fairly smooth terrain with few obstacles. I don't think it would have taken much effort for him to sling her over his shoulders, which is what I think he did with Morgan to get her to the point on Anchorage Farm where she was found.

It's very difficult to drag a body - even on a smooth surface like vinyl flooring, so I think it would be really difficult to drag her - even in fairly smooth terrain with few obstacles. I don't think it would have taken much effort for him to sling her over his shoulders, which is what I think he did with Morgan to get her to the point on Anchorage Farm where she was found.

I've always thought JM carried MH to her resting place on Anchorage Farm. I've never held the belief that she ran there trying to get away from him. I believe he carried HG somewhere- after she had passed. JMO

So was he prepared with a new spot? Does he admit to himself he is a killer?

To me he seems like the type that would blame others, but how do I know.

It is hard to believe that he attacked that woman in Fairfax.

He raped a couple of college girls and then went on to rape strangers?

How does this all work in serial killer land?

It seems more like he should be doing the MH, HG type instead of the attack.

Does anyone know how these monsters work?

No real idea how the SK mind works, but have read that they often escalate or graduate in their acts.

Good point about the dragging. She would get hung up on vegetation.

So back , to me, that he was not carrying her down a narrow path but rather something more open.

This is kind of crazy, but could he have brought her by boat and then carried her into the woods a bit from shore?

I don't think water as the body parts rise with decomp , esp in VA where the water would be warm.

As others have mentioned, there is a quarry in Charlottesville - off of the same road (Red Hill Rd) where Morgan Harrington was found (on Anchorage Farm) - in the opposite direction, just 2.9 miles. I would *assume* that LE and searchers have scoured the areas surrounding that road since JM is said to have grown up in that area.

I don't think just anyone can drive back there. My mom wanted to go see it a few weeks ago and my hubby said he was only allowed back there because he was LE. Not sure how it is secured, though.

Welcome to the Websleuths family reeditor.. We were all newbies at one time.. The Websleuths member with the most posts has 225,000 comments.. Amazing huh?

Quite amazing indeed. I spent the better part of the weekend catching up on all the details across all the threads and am astounded at how this is all developing. Many sleuths have been spot on with some of their assessments. Likely that the trend will continue. Thanks for the welcome, carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor