DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Special teams join search for missing Virginia student Hannah Graham
Associated Press in Charlottesville, Virginia
theguardian.com, Saturday 27 September 2014 13.44 EDT

With a suspect in the abduction of an 18-year-old woman back in the state, a search and rescue team worked with canine units Saturday trying to find the University of Virginia sophomore who vanished more than two weeks ago.

“We already have boots on the ground working,” said Mark Eggeman, search and rescue coordinator for the Virginia Department of Emergency Management. “We have maintained a presence on the scene searching every day since this happened. We have not stopped searching.”

Wondering where JM got the tent he was found using in Texas?
If it was recently purchased, maybe he bought other items too, like a tarp, ect..

Still hoping that against all odds, Hannah is being held in some old country place.

Good thinking, dotr. Knowing where and if he bought the tent could also potentially shed light on places / areas he has been.

I',m just not so sure he decided to run until the heat was on him, so the tent purchase might have been well after the fact (perhaps after disposal), if he even bought the tent.

I've not seen it reported about him being missing from football practice, but there have been interviews or reports from his co-workers that he seemed subdued or distracted during that week. To be clear, I'm talking about the week between the time he met up with Hannah and when police impounded his car. Before we ever knew he existed.

BBM. I have, but don't ask me where at this point.

Is this to say they are looking into the possibility she may have been dumped alive?

i think they mean signs after the fact of human movement like padded down brush or broken limbs etc.

Was it from the WS poster whose son is on the team? I'm not sure if she confirmed that JM was not there (via her son), but I think the son said he did not see JM. It was the next day, Saturday that JM walked into the police station, asked for a lawyer, left, and then started his running behavior. JMO

A member here with a son on the team says she thinks he missed and was going to verify that, but as far as I know never came back to tell us for sure (perhaps asked not to by police IMO). I don't remember seeing any news reports to that effect, though.

It would be nice to have a map on our search thread to keep track of what has been searched!

A member here with a son on the team says she thinks he missed and was going to verify that, but as far as I know never came back to tell us for sure (perhaps asked not to by police IMO). I don't remember seeing any news reports to that effect, though.
I was lurking here last weekend and saw her post. I am pretty sure that I saw that reported in local media this week. (I live in Cville.) But I have read a great number of articles about this in the last week. I think I need some kind of reference system:)

Yeah I think she will be found somewhere that will, in retrospect, seem like an easy place to find someone. In the brush somewhere, in a major body of water that is close by, something like that. Sometimes it is unfortunate how big the world is though because even a hasty hiding job can go undetected forever or for a long time just because there are so many places to look in what could span hundreds of acres of possible places.

And canines are usually soooo good at tracking, but not so much where cars are involved. If they get somewhat near to where she is and have the canines, they hopefully can find her or at least get a lead......JMO

If he fishes, he would've taken a cooler with him, not ask for one from the fisherman in Gilchrist. What does it say that he wasn't equipped to fish, preserve food, bug repellent, just had a half-gallon thermos (video from Gilchrist). Was he planning to stay somewhere with friends that didn't work out? I don't think he was planning to make a run before Friday. He thought he had covered his tracks well enough somehow, or he would've run earlier.

Wonder if the investigative leads are coming from people who know some of JM's favorite haunts and habits?

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/984...rch-continues-police-asking-for-publics-help/

"Eggeman said the focus of the search is based on investigative leads. He declined to state precisely where searchers were looking Saturday other than to say south of the city in Albemarle County.

“There’s a lot of ground to cover,” he said, calling the search part marathon, part process of elimination.

Last weekend, more than 1,200 volunteers searched Charlottesville. The search area has widened to the rolling hills outside of Charlottesville."

bbm.

I was lurking here last weekend and saw her post. I am pretty sure that I saw that reported in local media this week. (I live in Cville.) But I have read a great number of articles about this in the last week. I think I need some kind of reference system:)

Yep, there was a news article which stated he was not at practice on Saturday morning. I'm not sure exactly when it was, but someone here posted a link for the article within the past few days.

YUP HIS timeline from Sat, 13th, 1:45 am to Sat, 20th after the car chase would be really interesting to know. I hope LE has some idea......... I do think that he went to work all that week. The videos didn't get published until tues or weds (?) which showed the person with dreadlocks (JM)...but it wasn't 'til Saturday that LE told us his name. (After we knew from the DMarticle) And they told us that we were looking for close-cropped to bald goateed hair guy. (Bet he was relieved, for a while.)...JMO

"Nancy Lee The only question they have right now is who saw Jesse Leroy Matthew and/or his car Saturday or Sunday or Monday?
They assure us this is not about one focus but that this was the only question they need us to help answering.
Isn't it a big red flag that we have seen people come on this conversation saying they went to school with Jesse 10 or longer years ago but we don't hear from anybody from two weeks ago saying "Hey he was with me Saturday"? Or "We watched football Sunday"?
The police aren't going to give us enough evidence to jeopardize closing this case. They need us to spread the word to find who saw Jesse LeRoy Matthew or that car anywhere." from comments on https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread or if it is a repeat. This man is super aggressive and imo no one would stand much of a chance against him, especially a female.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2771469/Pictured-Hannah-Graham-suspect-hour-abducted-drunken-UVA-student-Two-women-claim-sexually-harassed-night-teen-vanished-meeting-him.html

Hi roseofsharon, thanks for posting!
Oh boy, scary, would not be surprised if they found H's shoes in his possession, imo.

from your link..

"One of the women, 'Molly' (not her real name) told Matthew 'don't *advertiser censored**ing touch me' when the 6'2" tall former American football player tried to touch her legs and knee.

She said: 'He kept trying to put his hands on my legs and below the knee. He'd been way too aggressive all night, putting his arm around me, picking me up, putting his hands on my legs.'

She claimed that Matthew took her friend's socks off and asked to see her toes.

Molly told Barefoot: 'Then he came over to me and tried to touch my legs. I told him no. He said, "I just want to see your feet, like her."

'I told him no. Don't touch me, do not touch me. One time he reached above my knee, and the next time below my knee. I finally told him, don’t *advertiser censored**ing touch me.'"

Was it from the WS poster whose son is on the team? I'm not sure if she confirmed that JM was not there (via her son), but I think the son said he did not see JM. It was the next day, Saturday that JM walked into the police station, asked for a lawyer, left, and then started his running behavior. JMO

it was on a blog i can't remember exactly where. They said he missed a 9:00am meeting so that may or may not have include the team. Let me try to find the source.

it was on a blog i can't remember exactly where. They said he missed a 9:00am meeting so that may or may not have include the team. Let me try to find the source.

Thanks. I thought the practice was Fri. but most peeps remember Sat morning, so I'll go with that. He was a bar crawler though, so why didn't anyone see him Friday night, the 19th? GRRR JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member