Hannah Graham: The Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least 4 victims, if you add the 2005 and 2002 rapes. :(

I just saw the same thing and it gave me chills. It is unfathomable to me the amount of pain one person may have caused for 2 (multiple?) families. My thoughts are with everyone involved.

At least 4 victims, if you add the 2005 and 2002 rapes. :(

There has to be at least one more between 2010 and now, and I would guess it is more likely closer to three.

This is going to sound like a really crazy thought, but...I know that there has been some mention of JM's dog. Is there any way, in any possible reaches of the law, that somehow his own dog could join searches? If JM brought the dog with while disposing of her, could the dog lead LE to her?

They would obviously still need some starting points, but...
If JM took popcorn with him to Texas the dog has probably been killed by authorities. They onlykeep animals a few days. Find popcorn it s a good idea!

Perhaps some closure for Morgan Harringtons family is on the horizon. But the Graham family must be beyond totally frightened by this development. Prayers to both families.

I read it some where, I think, but there was some mention of a farmhouse that was rented out to students, over near where MH was found , in that Anchorage Farm area, and that it was close to the spot she was located....does anyone recall this? Or where that info came from? Thank you

FYI, Bessie's made a new thread with "Forensics Link". She's pulled a bunch of posts over there already.

Maybe he learned a lesson with Morgan, so he went the opposite way with Hannah. This is sickening!!

Morgan Harrington's body was noted as placed there 'with intent'. I'm guessing the intent was to point suspicion on the guy noted in the sex registry.

Wowzer! Just over from the Michael Dunn thread. I'm sure there's a lot more investigation to be done to tie MH to HG and/or other cases. I'm guessing it's DNA.

"On Jan. 26, a farmer on a tractor found Harrington's remains in a remote hayfield on his 700-acre Anchorage Farm off Interstate 64 southwest of Charlottesville. The hay would have been waist-high at the time Harrington disappeared."
I've read postings about the various disappearances in the area happening around the same time of year - Sept. / Oct. - fall. This quote is from a 2010 article about MH. Hayfield location obviously made difficulties for searchers in MH's case, possibly HG's also.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...7/01/ST2010070106582.html?sid=ST2010070106582

This explains why he ran. Once they had his DNA, he was pretty much done. I read an article saying Mr. Matthews was a former taxi driver, this might explain how he came in contact with MH. Has for Hanna, I hope they find her, however I think without a confession it is going to be very hard.

First time poster, lurking since Hannah disappeared. Not sure if this has been brought up but it seems to me that LE evidently knows that JM was near a water source. Longo stated in the last PC about JM liked fishing, in the WRIC story Longo also refers to "creeks and brooks", just a thought but maybe they found a microorganism on/in his vehicle that would prompt his remarks or maybe, I am just looking to much into it.
He seems to like wearing white sneakers. The shoes he had on the night would probably help indicate locations.

If JM took popcorn with him to Texas the dog has probably been killed by authorities. They onlykeep animals a few days. Find popcorn it s a good idea!

Was Popcorn a Rottweiler or a Pitbull ? I've heard both.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...nah-Graham-Case-to-Harringtons-277460122.html
Updated: 2:17 PM, Sep 29, 2014

"State Police weren't specific about the forensic link. In the statement, spokesman Corrinne Geller said police would have no further comment on the investigation.

Virginia State Police’s statement:

For the past five years, the Virginia State Police has been aggressively pursuing the investigation into the disappearance and death of 20-year-old Morgan D. Harrington of Roanoke, Va. Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue. There is a still a great deal of work to be done in regards to this investigation and we appreciate the public’s patience as we move forward.

Anyone with new information concerning the Harrington investigation is encouraged to contact the Virginia State Police at 434-352-3467 or the Jefferson Area Crime Stoppers at 434-977-4000.

Meanwhile, state police continues to dedicate the necessary resources to assist the Charlottesville Police Department through the course of its investigation and with their efforts to locate Hannah Graham. In fact, right now, the public’s focus needs to remain on helping Charlottesville Police locate and bring Hannah Graham home.

CBS19 is working to gather more information and will have it as it becomes available"

Now that the links have been made, maybe the family members who may have urged him to go to the police to possibly clear his name might encourage him to do the right thing for their sake. Unless they're planning to move away, as a family they might want the goodwill of their community. He probably faces life in not the death penalty as evidence accumulates against him. I would imagine, the sooner the better for him? What are the advantages to him of holding out? If there is a family member who had reason for doubt, I hope like the unibomber's family, the Kasinski's, they do the right thing.

Maybe now, family, friends and co-workers of the accused, might come forward with something that might help the investigation and especially the search for Hannah, imo.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...aham-suspect-to-murdered-vt-student/16432319/

"We are heartbroken for her family. We know what they're going through," Harrington told WTVR.com in the days after Graham disappeared. "Police need information. They need to process tips. Please reach out to police and do not be the filter. Even if you think it does not make sense, let police be the filter."

bbm

Perhaps some closure for Morgan Harringtons family is on the horizon. But the Graham family must be beyond totally frightened by this development. Prayers to both families.

I have a feeling they've been totally frightened since they pegged him as a POI. They likely "knew."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle