Hannah Graham: The Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My!

Now we have evidence that JM was investigated for a sexual assault on the Christopher Newport University campus (where he also played football)...

the assault occurred on September 7, 2003....

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/l...cle_ca9280a1-46ca-5fb2-be5c-0bc05716dc0c.html

Wowwww. I thought this was a mistake and you were refering to the first school, but then read the article. So he left 2 different schools because of sexual assaults :/ This proves he was acting this way even back then.

This is just making me more and more angry. I want to flip tables at this point. :rage: JM has so many victims it seems and yet he somehow escaped all these years. It's so frustrating and makes me wonder how many other serial rapists are out there.

Yes, apparently girls were missing left and right there, and detectives were chalking it up to, oh they must have run away.

You know, typical girls, getting sexually assaulted because they were just "asking " for it, and typical girls for running away, you know, with their hormones and all. You know, they can't think straight with their hormones. We need more female investigators/prosecutors....everything! It has been male-dominated for way too long.

This whole sad story makes me wonder just how many college campus RAPES are brushed under the rug across the country, all in the name of preserving the "good name" of the school :(. I know of a very specific example of sexual impropriety at my very tiny rural liberal arts college, and the staff member involved is still employed there nearly 20 years later.....I'm sure it happens virtually everywhere! (Students and staff)

Sad :(.

I don't know if Huff Post is considered MSM here, but it will at least give you background.

This has JUST happened right across the mountain from Charlottesville, in Harrisonburg. The assailants (three of them) were punished in April with "expulsion AFTER graduation" (at least one of them will be a senior NEXT year.) The assault was videotaped and sent around campus.

The victim, then, has to continue to attend school with them for more than a year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/20/jmu-sexual-assault-punishment_n_5515408.html

Wowwww. I thought this was a mistake and you were refering to the first school, but then read the article. So he left 2 different schools because of sexual assaults :/ This proves he was acting this way even back then.

Even less reason to talk trafficking in Hannah's case. This guy appears to be a classic predator, working on his own, while maintaining an acceptable image in his day to day life. Jmo

This whole sad story makes me wonder just how many college campus RAPES are brushed under the rug across the country, all in the name of preserving the "good name" of the school :(. I know of a very specific example of sexual impropriety at my very tiny rural liberal arts college, and the staff member involved is still employed there nearly 20 years later.....I'm sure it happens virtually everywhere! (Students and staff)

Sad :(.
Very sad. I suspect this happens all too often. No school wants this kind of publicity. Just think how many women may have been spared assault and/or death if colleges had taken these assaults more seriously and LE had been called in and LJ had been prosecuted.

Even less reason to talk trafficking in Hannah's case. This guy appears to be a classic predator, working on his own, while maintaining an acceptable image in his day to day life. Jmo

I agree, trafficking has come up quite a lot on this thread, but I dont really feel like that is what he is doing, he seems to be a sexual predator, he wants them for himself.

But why, then, the intensity with the search for Hannah? Just because they KNOW he's so dangerous; they just now have to PROVE it to keep him off the streets?

But why, then, the intensity with the search for Hannah? Just because they KNOW he's so dangerous; they just now have to PROVE it to keep him off the streets?

Hate to say it, but they may need to find Hannah to pursue harsher charges against him. It is already proven that she was with him, but they may not be able to prove he harmed her without locating her body, and quickly, while evidence might be intact. Jmo

Hate to say it, but they may need to find Hannah to pursue harsher charges against him. It is already proven that she was with him, but they may not be able to prove he harmed her without locating her body, and quickly, while evidence might be intact. Jmo

Agree totally they have a better chase .... basically and air tight case if they can find her body. Otherwise the are going to have to try morgan's case here yes they have DNA which may end up being enough, but 5 years later its going to be hard to pin down exactly where he was at that time etc. so he could say "oh I picked her up helped her into my cab and gave her ride to where ever and let her out alive and well and who knows what a jury will think.

Trafficking is terrible thing but understand that what this guy does is way worse and they need to do everything they can to see that he is never on the streets again.

I also think the chief is very emotionally invested.

I also think the chief is very emotionally invested.

I wonder why. In any case, the FBI wouldn't allow this to continue solely because of an emotionally invested local police chief.

Is it just the tweet that says Hannah could still be alive? If so, that was at a search party press conference. It is most likely someone asked Longo if there was a chance they could be looking for a living Hannah. Longo probably replied by saying it's still possible she's alive. Or did I miss something? Did Longo come out and say, without being specifically questioned, that he thought Hannah was still alive?

I wonder why. In any case, the FBI wouldn't allow this to continue solely because of an emotionally invested local police chief.

I think he is just an emotional and dramatic guy (former lawyer if I'm not mistaken)- combined with having a feeling that this case is huge with bigger implications involving other crimes in his area.

And yes, agreed that the FBI would pull away if it wasn't a big deal.

When do police call off a search? It seemed to me that the Lauren Spierer search went on for a very long time, with a land fill actually being searched some time afterwards. I don't think it's that long yet. Anyone know how long LE typically keep a search going? The weather is mild enough that Hannah still has a chance of having survived even if incapacitated, if she has s water source.

No idea how strong the case is against him for the MH case and the rape. Forensic evidence can mean a lot of things, and though it looks like a preponderance of evidence that JM is a serial rapist, murderer, when it's broken down to evidence that is usable in court and beyond reasonable doubt, ti may not hold. Though, yes, it has happened that convictions occur without a body, it's more difficult that way, and Hannah's case would be a lot stronger if she is found. I also believe that the police think that she is not that far away and not that hidden. The problem is that there is so much to search, and there are so many places around Charlottesville where a body can be left and not easily found. It must be frustrating, discouraging. knowing that Hannah's likely to be not so far away, and yet LE can't find her.

I agree, trafficking has come up quite a lot on this thread, but I dont really feel like that is what he is doing, he seems to be a sexual predator, he wants them for himself.

I keep coming back to the trafficking concept because I just can't wrap my head around JM being so good at hiding all these bodies.

I think about that killer from Ohio who had all the women's dead bodies in his house and it was the smell that finally gave him up. That guy did not have a plan; he was a sexual predator without a plan on how to be a killer, too. JM would have to be a sexual predator with a GREAT plan for hiding bodies to evade LE all these years. He doesn't strike me as that cunning. He strikes me as a sexual predator with a connection to a sex trade. He sells the girls off after he has had his "fill", totally hands off and lazy, frankly. That plan seems more up his alley.

MH might have been one of the ones that got away, which is why we found her at all.

I keep coming back to the trafficking concept because I just can't wrap my head around JM being so good at hiding all these bodies.

I think about that killer from Ohio who had all the women's dead bodies in his house and it was the smell that finally gave him up. That guy did not have a plan; he was a sexual predator without a plan on how to be a killer, too. JM would have to be a sexual predator with a GREAT plan for hiding bodies to evade LE all these years. He doesn't strike me as that cunning. He strikes me as a sexual predator with a connection to a sex trade. He sells the girls off after he has had his "fill", totally hands off and lazy, frankly. That plan seems more up his alley.

MH might have been one of the ones that got away, which is why we found her at all.

This idea would also tie in the WG weirdo from the tapes. I still think hes connected as someone who was coordinating with JM, as it appears he is doing on video. I still think its strange how he gave the description of the Fairfax rapists sketch as the person he saw walking away with HG...and I find it fishy that there was later a supposed sighting of this closely shaven black guy w a goatee up in Fairfax. I think that was a lie, too. I think it was fabricated to make LE think the Fairfax rapist was on the loose again. Which, ironically, he was...

FBI involvement does make me wonder how deep this case goes...

To be fair, we don't really know how many people he's killed. It could be that MH was the first and he got lucky. Wouldn't that kind of make sense that he graduated from rape and sexual assaults while in college to 2005 in Fairfax where he wasn't prepared. Then MH, where he got lucky. And then HG where he's not so lucky and we have cameras in more places? Also, WG will forever freak me out. What he did was unnatural. Shoot, maybe WG is a serial killer too. He just happened to cross paths with JM. I'm sure the chances of that are close to zero but you never know. WG's behavior disturbed so much that I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member