Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The defense has not changed my mind, however, my mom who doesn't know anything about this case listened to the defence and said I dont think she is guilty, I think the baby drowned. Because I have followed the case and know how JB is I dont buy it, but it concerns me that someone who hasn't followed it could beleive it, because the jury might buy it, all they need is one to buy it.

Re my bold above--

It didn't change my mind because I know all the facts of this case, however, when I listened to JB's opening statement as if I knew nothing about Casey or her parents, I arrived at exactly the same conclusion your mom did. :banghead: What's more, two other people happened to be here who I've told much about this case, and they had no choice but to watch Baez's opening on InSession with me. They both were quite willing to believe the accident theory/her father was a monster/poor abused girl! :banghead: :banghead:

Furthermore, although I hate to say this, I also felt that a couple of George's replies to Baez were foolishly and brazenly evasive and ended up supporting B's theory that ICA is the emotionally scarred result of the Anthonys Living a Bizarre Life of Lies and Denial. For example, there is no way in h*ll that GA didn't demand to know who the father of ICA's baby was within minutes of finding out ICA was pregnant.

There is no way in h*ll, he (or any other sane father) would be overcome with pure joy upon learning his 18 year old unmarried daughter was knocked up--in fact, so overcome with joy that he didn't think about demanding the name of the baby's father or care that he was acquiring the responsibility to support his baby.

As to trying to check up on Casey at her job, he first said his purpose in going there was to take his daughter to lunch, not check up on her. The reverse was true, and would have been justified and sensible of him.

I think the reason for the above answers is that George was so (understandably) humiliated and horrified by Baez's accusations that he (George) was intent on showing that he's an ultra-nice dad and a besotted grandfather. By doing that, he came off as being less believable or perhaps less sensible -- or less normal?

And am I the only one who wanted to cry out, "George, shut up!" when he described his joyous reaction to seeing Caylee's "pancake" on the ultra-sound which he said meant the baby was going to be a little girl??? For the love of God, he'd just been accused of sexually molesting his 8 year old daughter and now he's discussing his thrill at the sight of the female fetal sexual organs!

Before you all leap to his defense and come after me with upraised fists :truce: let me admit that I may be nitpicking poor George to death, but if I am, it's only because I'm so desperate to see the truth prevail; ICA punished severely; and the DT totally foiled. Oh, yeah--and JB and CM publicly exposed for their conniving and lies, too. That's my version of total justice for little Caylee.

Let me add one thing if I may:.

When does sexual abuse (if it's true...which I doubt) absolve one of murder?

I think these people...the whole family...are nothing but trash to begin with. You'll find this in most of these cases where Nancy Grace jumps in and tries to add to her ratings.

It doesn't. Many of us were sexually abused as children, but we didn't kill our children.

Gosh no. Their theory makes no sense:

1. Why stay in jail for almost three years for something you didn't do?
2. Why keep an accident a secret for 3 years when facing the death penalty?
3. Why would GA not naturally do CPR or call 911? If they are trying to insinuate that he didn't call 911 because he wouldn't want doctors examining the child and finding evidence of molestation, which I sort of got the sense they were implying, that doesn't explain why CPR was not used and besides, Caylee did see a pediatrician so that is a nonsensical implication.
4. Why would GA's first reaction be to scream loudly at casey but then suddenly and immediately switch to a cover up to protect her?
5. Isn't it convenient that the first inklings that casey may be alleging sex abuse occurred right after death penalty mitigation experts spent HOURS consulting with her at the jail?
6. And why was the first hint of such allegations not that GA put his penis in her mouth repeatedly, but that LA molested her nightly and she thinks, possibly, that maybe her dad did too? Trying out the theory the defense was cultivating in you casey?
7. What motivation would GA have to hide an accident? Why would he rather risk his daughter being sentenced to death?
8. If GA was this sickening molester, why did she leave Caylee with her parents all the time?
9. If GA was this sickening molester, why did casey tell him during a jail visit that none of this was his fault - he was the best dad and granddad ever?
10. Why were triple layers of duct tape placed on caylee after she accidentally drowned?
11. Why was someone conducting multiple searches for chloroform, inhalation, how to make chloroform, the ingredients used to make chloroform, death, how to make household weapons, shovels, etc., at times when GA and CA were at work?
12. Why were high levels of chloroform found in casey's trunk, the levels being so high that they prompted an computer forensics search for chloroform on casey's computers?
13. Why didn't casey expose this after she found out that her father's grand jury testimony helped indict her? Why wait almost three years?
14. Why did GA seem so scared that a body may be in casey's trunk when he picked it up at the amscot if he knew Caylee was already dead and her body discarded?
15. Why, if casey is so scared of her family that she never told the truth about what happened, despite the state asking for the death penalty, did she express rage and jealousy over their concern for Caylee and their family celebrations while she sat in jail?
16. Why was Tony Lazzaro, the first boyfriend she had who refused to have Caylee in his bed, at his house at night and the first to express that he did not want kids but if he did, he would only want a boy, the only person casey really wanted to speak to when she was arrested?
17. Why would ever diligent CA suddenly forget to do something she always remembered to do to keep Caylee safe, and leave the pool ladder down?
18. Why would casey insist repeatedly that Caylee did not have an accident, when pressed by investigators who stated the only other alternative was that she was coldhearted monster?
19. Why did GA try to angrily confront casey about Caylee's whereabouts when she was released on bail if he knew she died in an accident?
20. Why would GA try to cover up an accident only to make statements to LE and in the grand jury that ultimately implicated her in the murder of her child and that led to GJ indictment?
21. Why the heck would Kronk keep and hide an unrelated, dead child's body for several months, especially when he had nothing to do with her death? Remember, if he was found in possession of that body, he would be the one on trial for murder right now.
22. Why has casey really never shed a tear until today, for her dead baby, who she loved ever so much and who she doted on? Why, if she loved her child so much, did she exhibit such callous indifference about the death of her baby?

I think these people...the whole family...are nothing but trash to begin with. You'll find this in most of these cases where Nancy Grace jumps in and tries to add to her ratings.

Not to pick on anything you've said I just felt the need to say this: The A's are Caylee's family. She loved them with all she had and calling them trash feels disrespectful to her memory.

Isn't it kinda late for JB to refute the science when he's already admitted in a court of law that KC was present when Caylee died? If the accident theory doesn't fly I don't think he gets a do over.

For more reasonable doubt

Big "no no" to try and excuse ICA's behavior, years later, due to sexual assault by GA and LA. Blaming this for her behavior as she struts around with her head high and bright big smiles for her guys. Blame GA and LA for causing ICA to roll over for anyone anywhere anytime. ICA certainly doesn't look meek, scared, cautiously avoiding men who get too close. ICA fears no one. ICA manipulates everyone who gets stuck in her sticky spidey web.
These outrageous claims by ICA/JB are reprehensible. This also is degrading to anyone who has suffered from sexual abuse. Cheap dirty tricks, JB, but then what could we expected considering the source.

Hi, Cappy. Sexual abuse or any other form of rape are very serious at any age, but in this case, we should remember that it materialized only when Casey's previous claim of a nanny/kidnapper had been demolished. By that point, she knew that at best, her parents would be damaging witnesses against her and she would have also realized that their assertions were near the heart of the case. And, as others have noted, by this time, she had some sense of circumstances that might be considered mitigating for a death sentence.

Jose, darling, you misread my posts. I know I said you should argue that Caylee drowned in the pool and that Casey, because she was sexually and emotionally abused and therefore a little whacko in the head, lied and partied and generally ugly-coped and covered up the death.

But the whole POINT, Jose, of that defense, was so that you could GAIN credibility points by ADMITTING the dog evidence, the hair, the decomp, the dumping of Caylee's little body on Suburban, etc. You can't deny all that stuff too.

Seriously. You never listen to me. :banghead:

And, IIRC. you advised him to LOSE the Kronk connection, not add it to the scenario. That was a big mistake, imo. He should work on his reading comprehension.

It Is possible that KC was SA, But I don't believe for ONE iota of a second that Cindy would continue to still be married to George if that was the case.

Maybe Cindy did not know, or mybe if CA did tell her she didnt believe her. We just dont know the facts and without knowing them all I tend tyo at least give the benefit of doubt to the one claiming to be abused and I would hope others would also.

It doesn't. Many of us were sexually abused as children, but we didn't kill our children.

Why does it matter if she was molested to begin with? I understand what people who been sexually abused go through, but it isn't going to help Casey one bit if she is making that sort of accusation whether it is true or not.

Like I just posted, I hope after the trial The Florida Bar investigate Beaz for this.

I thought before today Beaz had the integirty on the same level as jim Tressel of the Buckeyes.
His little bruhaha pretty much put him far below the OSU coach.

I just got around to catching up on today's events and I AM SHOCKED TO SAY THE LEAST!!!! What a <modsnip> (sorry guys). I cannot believe this!!! Throwing her father under the bus like that - I do not believe it for one minute. I could just puke.

Good defense strategy if I must say so myself but they have just been added to my list of slime balls.............

Another reason that makes me doubt the abuse accusation is that in her letters to the other inmate Casey said it was Lee that molested her and she was just begining to thing that maybe George might've too. Can that be used against these accusations, since Casey herself wrote those words?

Maybe Cindy did not know, or mybe if CA did tell her she didnt believe her. We just dont know the facts and without knowing them all I tend tyo at least give the benefit of doubt to the one claiming to be abused and I would hope others would also.

Ask me that of anyone else in this world and I will give it to you. I swear. I cannot find it within my heart and soul to believe this tale of the DT's. I've tried looking at it every which way.. and I just can't.

And ya know, I really really feel like crying right now - I don't know if I can even stand to watch the rest of Nancy Grace and look at her smug face sitting there in the courtroom. What an atrocity!

Jose, darling, you misread my posts. I know I said you should argue that Caylee drowned in the pool and that Casey, because she was sexually and emotionally abused and therefore a little whacko in the head, lied and partied and generally ugly-coped and covered up the death.

But the whole POINT, Jose, of that defense, was so that you could GAIN credibility points by ADMITTING the dog evidence, the hair, the decomp, the dumping of Caylee's little body on Suburban, etc. You can't deny all that stuff too.

Seriously. You never listen to me. :banghead:

"Darling"?

Ohhh..

[youtube]http://youtu.be/NNC0kIzM1Fo[/youtube]

Love is in the air!

:p

I think it *is* possible that Caylee drowned by accident when she was under Casey's care, rather than being deliberately murdered by her. Accidents of this nature occur every single day in the US (especially in the summer), and they occur to good, caring parents who unfortunately lose track of their toddlers just long enough for them to fall into a body of water and are unable to be revived.

I think it *is* possible that Casey was unable to accept the (at least partial) responsibility for Caylee's accidental death, creating a wholly fictional reality to explain Caylee's absence to avoid the overwhelming pain that Caylee's death would bring into her already dysfunctional life. Unfortunately for Casey, she didn't think ahead to realize that when Caylee's death finally became known, she would then appear more like a murderer than a parent whose child suffered a horrible accident.

It's unfathomable that Casey didn't believe that she would ultimately be taken to task for Caylee's disappearance at some point, but I think she believed that postponing the truth about Caylee's drowning was worth the life she would be able to live on the terms she wanted until Caylee's death was discovered.

This was incredibly foolish on her part, but we can't change the person that she is. She flew by the seat of her pants as to what to do with Caylee's body after her death, and made up lies to keep as many people at bay for as long as she could to avoid facing the guilt that she felt because Caylee had drowned by accident while under her care.

Eventually, the pressure from her immediate family caused her lies to cave in on her--and she still couldn't admit the truth to those who confronted her, including the State of Florida. This element of her nature will be forever debated, but probably never fully understood.

As for George being complicit in Caylee's death--that's a powerful tactic by the defense team to induce doubt in a jury who knows next to nothing compared to what members of this forum know to be true. By the end of this trial, we'll all learn how effective or ineffective this strategy ultimately became.

Like it or not, this is what defense attorneys do to minimize punishment for their clients, or possibly even exonerate them. As absurd or as reprehensible as it may seem to you, Baez is just doing the job he has been asked to fulfill in the American system of justice.

Whether this requires an adherence to the truth on his part to save Casey's life, is a *completely* separate issue.

3945387449_9ff2f01bf3_z.jpg

Kind of OT, but it's been brewing in my mind for a few days.

What chaps my butt is usually when a woman murders someone, there's a claim of abuse. Either sexual, physical, or emotional. Sometimes all three, with a dash of depression.

When a man murders someone, he's just a run of the mill sociopath. No one suggests he should garner sympathy or that his punishment shoudl be mitigated because uncle Bob touched his pp, or his parents verbally abused him.

As a woman, I'm pretty damned tired of women falling back on what I see as the "weaker sex" defense. I really wish women weren't treated like delicate abused creatures when they blow a hole through someone's head or kill their children.

Exactly, Darlin'. Since when does anything that happened to us as children absolve us of responsibility?

Shoot ! I know people who grew up with more than that and still managed to make their lives responsible and crime free.

The days of Rose Ann Barr and her other Hollyweird friends is over.

Headlines of such things that destroy the accused are over. What needs to happen now is: The accuser needs to prove it or pay the price.

These days, all that has to happen is to be accused and your life is over.

Yes, I do believe she drowned in the pool. Yes, I do believe that could account for the traces of choloform in the car. I am not sure I believe it was pre-meditated.

Respectfully snipped and BBM.....the A's DON'T use Chlorine to clean their pool. No chlorine would be present at all (as a result of the pool chemicals)

Why the heck would Baez put her at the death scene--today? He can't back out of that.

I think when they say GA and CA knew Caylee was dead, it meant that they hadn't seen her for a long time and knew something was amiss and had a gut feeling something had happened to her. Again, just because you get abused doesn't give you a pass on murdering someone or covering up an accident (if that is what it really is). As for ICA first comment, I think she thought her parents should automatically believe she had no involvement, thus she was incredulous that they asked. As for the second comment that she didn't talk, that would be the first thing I would tell someone when they got arrested, and/or her attorney would have told her - don't talk to anybody. She was just confirming that she hadn't talked with anyone like she was told. As for the computer searches, it has been proven that GA was at work and the only one home was ICA for most of the searches. Thus, she can't blame that on GA.

I can see all that as well. As for the computer search, I didn't say what I wanted to say very well lol. I meant Casey did the searches and was looking for ways to off GA only, not Cindy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58
Back