Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, BD1, here as elsewhere, the FBI is just as likely to conduct tests to exclude possibilities as to verify them.

I'm not talking about the dna test. I'm talking about the family assessment done.

After hearing the DT Opening Statement today I'm curious if they have succeeded in changing anyone's mind or in placing doubt in your mind.

Are you less sure now of ICA's guilt? Are you buying the molestation story? Was George in on the cover up?

Or has the DT turned you completely in the opposite direction and you are now CERTAIN she's guilty?

I still believe she murdered Caylee - I believe if it had been an accident she would have cracked by now and told someone. I'm honestly not sure about the molestation, but I know if I was in that situation growing up I would never live in the same house with my daughter.

No bashing anyones opinions or thoughts! I think after today everyone is more than a bit confused!

I've thought from very early in the case that KC killed Caylee. The defense's opening statement today only confirmed it. The story that JB related isn't credible.

If it was an accident, there's no reason for KC to sit in jail for almost 3 years waiting to say............"it was an accident." This is something she could have and should have told the detectives on July 16, 2008.

The defense's story has far too many unexplained details...........
1. How did GA dispose of the body?
2. How did RK find and hide the remains and why would he do so?
3. As a former police officer, why wouldn't GA call 911?

The opening statement that JB gave today is the result of having no other defense.

Good questions but if you understood the mentality of one who has been sexually abused and how they react in certain situations, how they have been raised to live a lie and put on a happy face to the everyone outside their home/family life and compartmentalize/dissociate everything bad that happens to them then I think you would be able to answer most of these questions yourself.

What shocks me the most is that so many people here on websleuths who spend so much time following true crime are unable to see that Casey Anthony has all the classic signs of a girl who has been sexually abused, in fact she is a textbook case.
:hand:Oh no she's NOT!!! Although being sexually abused can cause you to lie and become promiscuous, NOT to the degree Casey is! I've also worked with teenagers who have been sexually abused. Casey is nothing like them!

still undecided, keeping the open mind.

JB isnt impressing me though. as I have been hearing, he should have went after GA hard when he went on stand, and he didnt. leads one to believe that he may not be buying what he preached during opening statements.

keeping an open mind (as a juror should be)

GA will be on the stand again after others have testified and that will be the time JB should go after him hard....IMO

:hand:Oh no she's NOT!!! Although being sexually abused can cause you to lie and become promiscuous, NOT to the degree Casey is! I've also worked with teenagers who have been sexually abused. Casey is nothing like them!

I will kindly and gently, but vigourously, disagree with you.

It was what I perceived that I saw, and what I write is honestly and completely what I felt. The fact that you or anyone can go back & rewatch it doesn't mean that I'll change what I know I perceived at the time. Also, GA did NOT at ALL seem credible to me. Tea leaves or not, think of me being on the jury. They don't have the benefit of someone like you laying it out for them; advising them on what a "load of crap" this is.

I'm not trying to sell you the accident scenario, in fact, you will see that I'm only just mentioning it for the first time as it relates to the abuse. As for him knowing he could "out" her at anytime, well there are things I can't explain. I'm not qualified to explain it, but I think maybe an abuser has a strange power over the victim. Maybe he felt assurred that his dirty little secret would be safe. Maybe he degraded her to the point that he knew she would be too ashamed to say it, though she did. I don't have all the answers.

Well, I didn't notice that reaction in Casey, but playing devils advocate, perhaps her reaction was to hearing her father voice that she's lying is what set her off. Maybe she had all of her hopes and dreams of ever getting out of jail pinned on that excuse, the he touched her when she was young. Maybe when she heard him say the truth, that he did not molest her, it broke her that he did not cover for her.

Or heck, I'm even willing to say, maybe he did. Maybe he didn't want to say under oath that he molested her.

No matter which way it is, to me, it excuses no part of the murder of Caylee Marie Anthony. Not on iota, not ever.

The reason I don't believe Casey is because if she had been abused by her father she probably would have gotten the heck out of the house asap. Secondly, she would NEVER have had him at her daughter's birth. Thirdly, she would NEVER allow her daughter to be alone with him yet she slept in every day while Caylee spent the morning alone with George. Who leaves a sex abuser with your own kid alone?? She is a big fat liar. Also, I have been in the position JB is claiming in this case and I rarely ever lie! Abuse doesn't make you a liar and a thief and a killer. Bunch of bs.

I use to think that maybe this case was an accident and thought lwop would be the best penalty. Now I believe she is even more dispicable than ever and needs the death penalty. I think she is more guilty than ever now.

This is why a lot of females dont come forward with sexual abuse accusations, nobody believes them. Preverts love it when people ridicule the sexually abused, it helps them get away with it and keep on abusing more and more children.

The majority of the responses on this forum only confirm to someone like Casey that had she told the truth from the very beginning nobody would have believed her anyway.

I use Jayla as my avatar (she's here today) when I am not impressed and mean serious business.
I use Josephine as my avatar when I am feeling comfy and passing the time with fellow WS members. 'Peeny" was here a lot while we waited for doc dumps.
I use Savage as my avatar when I need strength.
I rarely use Binky, I'm saving her for post-conviction cause Binky is fragile and sweet like Caylee-justice will serve the innocent.
I'm thinking Jayla is here to stay for while, cause the defense has done nothing but make me more serious and determined to sleuth this out til the end.
Woof.

Or heck, I'm even willing to say, maybe he did. Maybe he didn't want to say under oath that he molested her.

No matter which way it is, to me, it excuses no part of the murder of Caylee Marie Anthony. Not on iota, not ever.

Totally, totally agree.

Good questions but if you understood the mentality of one who has been sexually abused and how they react in certain situations, how they have been raised to live a lie and put on a happy face to the everyone outside their home/family life and compartmentalize/dissociate everything bad that happens to them then I think you would be able to answer most of these questions yourself.

What shocks me the most is that so many people here on websleuths who spend so much time following true crime are unable to see that Casey Anthony has all the classic signs of a girl who has been sexually abused, in fact she is a textbook case.

Unfortunately, her behavior also displays the classic signs of a murderer who is trying to conceal her misdeeds. The women I have known who have been sexually abused would be struck to the core if their child was killed accidentally.

As for your claim that "This is why a lot of females don't come forward with sexual abuse accusations, nobody believes them," I doubt that many women coming forward with sexual abuse charges do so only after they have been accused quite plausibly of murder. Actual sexual abuse victims would probably not value defendants jumping on their very real pain as the closest mitigating circumstance.

Weather or not Casey was SA, it's a little too late to bring that up. IF IF IF this is the case (which I don't believe for ONE second it is) Cindy should have divorced George and gotten Casey away from him.

I've been SA, and I've NEVER acted the way Casey has ( It IS possible to be SP) but I never was.

IF Casey was being sexually abused she should have told someone, anyone, her teacher, grandmother, uncle, friends, friend's parents etc.

Why Not tell Jessie Grund and/or his parents?

There is a reason why she never told anyone: IT NEVER HAPPENED!

This is yet ANOTHER one of her many lies so people will think "Aw, Poor Casey look what her Father and Brother and own Mother put her through for all those years, look what she's been having to carry around for the past x amount of years".

Many people have been SA in some way, the majority of them don't take it out on little defenseless children.

This is a load of B.S.

I'm sure this was mentioned on the Nancy Grace board but one of her experts (not sure which one - sorry it's been a looooong day) made the point that George is a former LE and they are CPR trained. Would he not have attempted to resuscitate Caylee if he was the one to find and pull her out of the pool. The DT said he immediately started screaming at ICA. Doesn't add up!

No, it just made me realize to what lengths ...well, I answered No and could someone point me in the direction of the Official Afternoon Trial Thread, please

JB claims the prosecution is desperate? Yet again, the irony is indeed rich!

No, they have not changed my mind. After what the defense/ICA did today, I now believe she should get the DP, up until now, I did not believe in it.

Even throwing her mom under the bus. Saying she would never forgive her. George did very well, I thought.

And said that Cindy was the one who left the ladder up and was feeling guilty for doing that! Unbelievable!

If she drowned in the pool, and it was an accident then why didnt she tell all and accept the plea deal?
I didn't read the plea deal, so perhaps she thought if she was able to be deemed innocent, she would get out sooner than on a plea deal?

My mind has not been changed at all about Casey's guilt. I don't even feel more strongly about it because I will never believe that she was not truly guilty. However, I have always thought that she would never get the death penalty. I could totally see LWOP, but I highly doubted that she would get a death sentence. Based only on today's preformance by everyone, my mind has been changed about her getting the death penalty. I think the DT OS put the needle in her arm. JB is not good enough to pull this defense off. There are too many stories to keep straight. I couldn't even follow it and I consider myself to be pretty smart. And more lies...especially the ones that were told today are only going to anger the jury. He jumped the shark.

I still think she is guilty BUT for someone that didn't/doesn't know anything about this case I can see where at first what the defense said would cause doubt but when JB was questioning GA he blew it in my opinion. I figured JB would have grilled him more but he didn't.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96
Back