Has the defense created reasonable doubt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reasonable Doubt?

NOPE!

The only doubt cast here was the truthfulness of the Anthony Family and some major doubt regarding Baez's phone will be ringing off the hook any time soon.

The only thing I have reasonable doubt about is if the DT actually tried to throw the case

No they did not.

I would tend to agree with you but I'll wait until the DT
gives their closing argument. I have a feeling it's gonna
be quite a show.

No, I wasn't given any REASONABLE information to create doubt in my mind.

Teresa

To me,there would have been much more reasonable doubt, if they had not told us the exact way they thought she died.
Which, as I post that, I realize that story is the only way they have to explain the 31 days..
But, that baby either drown and George did the rest, or Casey did it all...
And there is absolutely nothing that says she drown, and George did it, and that means there is only 1 choice left, no room at all for any reasonable doubt..

I don't have any reasonable doubt that KC alone is responsible for Caylee's death.
If I was on this jury - I'd vote "guilty."

BUT, I couldn't find KC guilty of lst Degree Murder, without knowing how she killed Caylee.

Personally, I believe KC's Defense Team should have worked out a Plea Bargain for this young woman. The DT did nothing to support their Opening Statement, in my opinion.

I had some doubt from their opening statements. I thought "hey, maybe it was an accident".

But umm...you can't get around duct tape around poor Caylee's head. And the defense never put together any kind of cohesive argument. Nothing flowed. Nothing followed any kind of reasoning. Nothing answered anything. Just pop tart jury and pop tart witnesses.

I don't think they created reasonable doubt. I think they bungled....badly.

I don't see where the defense created any reasonable doubt. They did themselves great harm by failing to prove or even address most of the outlandish claims Baez made in his opening remarks. However, I am concerned as to whether the prosecution proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Caylee was murdered and that the murder was committed by Casey. Not that they didn't do a great job, but there was little in the way concrete evidence and so much confusion with the way almost every witness on either side seemed shady. I hope JA, assuming he's doing the closing argument, reminds the jury of Dr. G's testimony and really stresses her comment about 100% of people calling 911 and that there is NO reason a dead child should have duct tape on her face.

You mean the defense has rested? Gosh, I really thought there would be reasonable doubt somewhere along the line. Nodda bit of it though!

I think that bringing in the ways the family buried pets was about the craziest thing Baez could have done.

I heard nothing that caused me to have reasonable doubt.

I always believed she was guilty, but I wasn't sure if it was premeditated. I'm certain now. He never should have ended with the dead pets. That secured it for me.

If the jury believes that Kronk poked at the skull & it fell out of the bag & no duct tape, there goes the states case.

If one juror believes Kronk put the duct tape there, it's over. Sadly I say this, as I know in my heart she is 100% guilty of murder without any remorse, Caylee was in her way of her freedom! Her parents were on her to stay home & take care of her, but SHE wanted to be a party girl!!

I don't see where the defense created any reasonable doubt. They did themselves great harm by failing to prove or even address most of the outlandish claims Baez made in his opening remarks. However, I am concerned as to whether the prosecution proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Caylee was murdered and that the murder was committed by Casey. Not that they didn't do a great job, but there was little in the way concrete evidence and so much confusion with the way almost every witness on either side seemed shady. I hope JA, assuming he's doing the closing argument, reminds the jury of Dr. G's testimony and really stresses her comment about 100% of people calling 911 and that there is NO reason a dead child should have duct tape on her face.

I agree. It's not so much that the defense created reasonable doubt, it's did the prosecution prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt? I too think they did a great job but without knowing how Caylee died it leaves unanswered questions which can cause doubt.

"Has the defense created reasonable doubt?"

:) Reasonable doubt that JB will ever learn to be respectful in court... Yes.

Reasonable doubt about his client guilt or innocence? Oh Lord, no, GUILTY.

They could have said it was a simple accident, with a stupid cover up. That might have created reasonable doubt in some peoples minds.

Second best might have been to put on no defense at all because it seemed every witness they called became a prosecution witness by the time either JB was through with them or JA was. The result was the same, another nail in ICA's coffin.

as my 85 year old mother said, "Hell to the NO!" She cracks me up;)

I was hoping for evidence of an accident and I didn't hear or see anything that resembled evidence of an accident. That would have given me doubt but I still would have questioned the actions of Casey during that 31 days. So, nope, no reasonable doubt.

At this point anything that Kronk said is just (as Baez puts it) Blah blah blah. I think he started out by grandstanding his actions when he discovered little Caylees remains and it kinda went downhill from there when questions were raised both in the press and with the direction the defense team was taking his initial statements.

I think the stuff with GA and the river person was none of our business and another attempt with the defense to ruin someones life.

I have a theory that I've heard others mention concerning all this stuff that Baez has stated and continues to state as fact even though he's been unable to provide one shred of evidence to any of it. I think that Casey has her defense team so bamboozeled by her lies and innocent outer shell that Baez at least isn't capable of seeing the truth in front of him. I think CM has seen it though. So I think that is why Baez treats GA soooo horribly, with no respect. It's because he totally believes Casey. I think that is why he keeps ignoring the fact that there is no evidence at all of an accident. Because he believes Casey so completely

Casey's behavior isn't normal. Everyone is correct about that. What convinced me though was not the 31 days or the decomp in the car, or any of the other stuff. It helped, but the convincing factor was Casey herself in the jail house visit tapes when she turned viscious and was literally shaking in RAGE! :rage: Not anger, not remorse, not fear, not worry for her child, but burning beneath the surface RAGE :rage:

She's also shown that side of her at least once in the last week, the day her lawyers were late. She had that same look on her face and in her eyes. :rage:

I am waiting to hear the rebutal of CA's work record before I make my own decision if this was premedatated (yeah, I can't spell, sorry).

I was hoping for evidence of an accident and I didn't hear or see anything that resembled evidence of an accident. That would have given me doubt but I still would have questioned the actions of Casey during that 31 days. So, nope, no reasonable doubt.

At this point anything that Kronk said is just (as Baez puts it) Blah blah blah. I think he started out by grandstanding his actions when he discovered little Caylees remains and it kinda went downhill from there when questions were raised both in the press and with the direction the defense team was taking his initial statements.

I think the stuff with GA and the river person was none of our business and another attempt with the defense to ruin someones life.

I have a theory that I've heard others mention concerning all this stuff that Baez has stated and continues to state as fact even though he's been unable to provide one shred of evidence to any of it. I think that Casey has her defense team so bamboozeled by her lies and innocent outer shell that Baez at least isn't capable of seeing the truth in front of him. I think CM has seen it though. So I think that is why Baez treats GA soooo horribly, with no respect. It's because he totally believes Casey. I think that is why he keeps ignoring the fact that there is no evidence at all of an accident. Because he believes Casey so completely

Casey's behavior isn't normal. Everyone is correct about that. What convinced me though was not the 31 days or the decomp in the car, or any of the other stuff. It helped, but the convincing factor was Casey herself in the jail house visit tapes when she turned viscious and was literally shaking in RAGE! :rage: Not anger, not remorse, not fear, not worry for her child, but burning beneath the surface RAGE :rage:

She's also shown that side of her at least once in the last week, the day her lawyers were late. She had that same look on her face and in her eyes. :rage:

I am waiting to hear the rebutal of CA's work record before I make my own decision if this was premedatated (yeah, I can't spell, sorry).

Great point, but please dont quote Jose lol

Gahhhhh! I just typed the whole thing and lost it.

To me not only did the defense NOT prove reasonable doubt, they actually built up the State's case in the following ways.

1. We all do have reasonable doubt as to how Caylee died. But she did die because of foul play. If Baez wanted to cast doubt and throw suspicion towards George he should have been relentless. He should have interrogated George on the stand as if he was trying to MAKE HIM BREAK. He didn't do that because he knows what he was saying was Bullcrap.

More later

Not in my mind, but I'll be white-knuckling it during verdict watch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back