Has the media been biased against or fair to Deborah and Jeremy?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At the SuperBowl party I went to, there was a guy from Kansas City, so I just had to ask him if he had heard of Lisa Irwin. He had, so I asked him what he thought. He said he really hadn't followed the case very closely, but from what he had heard, there was no evidence that DB or JI did anything to the child and it was likely a kidnapping. I asked him about the cadaver dog hit and he hadn't heard anything about that or any of the inconsistencies, but said that lots of parents drink in the evening after the kids are asleep, so he wasn't at all concerned with that. FWIW

Almost everything we have heard about this case comes straight from DB's mouth (God forbid JI should speak) So if there is any negativity it has been brought on by DB herself, plus the face that she wouldn't let the boys be interviewed for so long and also that she and JI will not talk individually with LE.

BBM: I agree ...

MOO ... the bottom line is Deb just does NOT come across as "genuine" ... she comes across as very sarcastic, and with a "touch" of a :dramaqueen:

And add to that the major inconsistencies in her "story" and continuous changes to her "timeline" ... she does not help her "image" at all ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

The media has been more than fair.

Sorry Deborah, but your story was ridiculous even before you started changing it. Since you are apparently following along on the internet I dearly hope you are reading this:

In my opinion you are a liar and sociopath who murdered your innocent baby. Everyone knows you for what you are.

Enjoy your mommy time.

The reality is neither Debbie Bradley nor Jeremy Irwin have been named by police as a person of interest or suspects.

You will find the media tend to grill more in those cases. Look at Michelle Parker's ex or Josh Powell or Casey Anthony.

In this case, the parents are officially victims no matter how suspicious people are. WS own terms of service says they are to be treated as victims. Subjecting victims whose baby from the official account was kidnapped by a stranger to in your face grilling isn't something you see happen very often.

Back in October, one television station did ask Debbie Bradley why she was avoiding the local media. You know what she said.

The opportunities for local media to talk to Debbie Bradley have been few and far between since the first week. The reality is neither Debbie Bradley or Jeremy Irwin are sitting down for chats with the local media where indepth and probing questions can be asked. They aren't really doing that with national media either.

Joe Tacopina made clear in the Dr. Phil show imo that all the questions had to be vetted and approved by him in advance. We can only guess what questions were tossed aside because of that. You saw Debbie Bradley herself refuse to answer questions to a local reporter last week because she didn't want to get into trouble.

I think the news media like most people who are knowledgeable about this case are skeptical about parts of Debbie Bradley's story and ask or would ask skeptical questions.

So for those of you wanting the media to do more pushing and probing of Debbie Bradley, when and how are these interviews suppose to take place? When do you ask Debbie Bradley...when did you tell the cops about your drinking? Was it only when confronted about it? Why don't you think that's relevant? How much remorse and guilt do you really have?

Track her down inside a shopping mall to ask these questions? Follow her husband to work? that's tabloid journalism. Not real journalism. And honestly, it doesn't happen very often that a criminal confesses on camera. It's rare and usually in a manslaughter type case. Her attorney is going to expect to vet any questions and you think he's going to let a true grilling take place?

I don't think anyone is "afraid." I think it's a matter of access and that officially this is a missing and abducted baby. Her mother isn't officially a person of interest in the disappearance. No one is.

In my humble opinion the media is negatively biased about Pumpkin Pie's parents.

I think the media has been more than fair to Bradley and Iriwn. They have given plenty of air time and print to Bill Stanton, Tacopina, Picerno who were able to spin events and drop hints of new, important, nonexistant clues. DB's drinking confession media tour was calculated to minimize damage from the wine buying video and offer a convenient explanation of the selective holes in DB's memory. If people have a negative opinion of the parents, it's from DB's own statements, the parents' avoidance of local media who could help the most to get the word out if there actually was an abduction, and of course, their refusal to be interviewed separately by LE. All MOO

Even prostitutes can be raped and even parents with lousy personalities can be victims of a child abduction.

That said, DB has had opportunity to learn to frame her responses in a more productive yet still honest way but she seems more petulant, evasive and self-absorbed than ever. She's not helping her case and that's not the media's fault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back