• No, I've always thought he wasn't involved

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bolded by me.....

I have long thought....and still of the opinion....that what your comment was I bolded...is what I think also...

If Misty had killed/caused the death..of Haleigh...you are right..Ron and his family would NOT have Misty around Junior...in her care...

that makes sense to me....Who WOULD let her back around...and in the care of...their remaining child.....???

Good point!!!

But Ron and family embraced Misty...WHY?????....

And they did.....until recently.....NOW.....TN wants Misty "hung in the square"..and for folks NOT to believe that ANYTHING Misty says..it not to be believed...she's a liar...(sorry, can't find link)

And if Misty is pointing the finger at Tommy...what do they have to be worried about....????..

Sounds like Ron and company...are on a smear tactic...of Misty...WHY???

Hmmmmmmmm...
moo
This has been my observation of TN...she's messy. I think that when Ron is finished with a gf, she bad mouths her. Why? IDK, but it seems to be a habit...maybe to beat them to the punch, & put them on the defensive, before they can bad mouth Ron? She ragged Crystal & was relentless with it, so I'm thinking that might be what she's doing with Misty. TN blaming Misty for Haleigh's death really isn't that much different than her blaming Crystal. differrent day, different ex gf. Also, when Ron got arrested, who did she blame? Not her son, the drug dealer, but Misty, the teenaged witch. TN seems ultra sensetive when it comes to criticism & Ron. nothing is his fault. ever. So, when she's out there bad mouthing Misty, I don't think she's considering the consequences. I think she's just doing what she likes to do. blaming girls for all of Ron's problems.

I am counting knowing what happened to Haleigh since 2/9/09 as being involved, so no, my opinion has not changed. Whether or not he was there or at werk when it happened, I think he has known since the first day the who and the what, and has chosen to not not tell LE for his own selfish reasons,

Originally Posted by Donjeta
How did Haleigh know that Misty, Tommy and Joe shouldn't have been there? They all had been there before.
Even a child would know something was wrong if people came in screaming, cussing and hollering and demanding to know where her daddy's gun was, imo.

Maybe she had already heard Ron tell Misty he didn't want Joe and Tommy over there when he was at work.

IMO

bbm

...and the difference would be....?

Sadly, I think it could be likely that Haleigh was no stranger to the resident adult, his paramour, and their various and sundry guests, "screaming, cussing and hollering."

moo

bbm

...and the difference would be....?

Sadly, I think it could be likely that Haleigh was no stranger to the resident adult, his paramour, and their various and sundry guests, "screaming, cussing and hollering."

moo

I agree with that KANT....IMO....Adults with a drugs/guns/hot tempered life style...are hardly....quiet spoken, and subdued....

Especially since Ron's anger with Misty..and for various reasons and on various occasions...For sure the kids would have heard/seen....much...with that kind of lifestyle..add also the conflicts with Crystal...

Sad.....imo

I agree with that KANT....IMO....Adults with a drugs/guns/hot tempered life style...are hardly....quiet spoken, and subdued....

Especially since Ron's anger with Misty..and for various reasons and on various occasions...For sure the kids would have heard/seen....much...with that kind of lifestyle..add also the conflicts with Crystal...

Sad.....imo
& Amber.

This has been my observation of TN...she's messy. I think that when Ron is finished with a gf, she bad mouths her. Why? IDK, but it seems to be a habit...maybe to beat them to the punch, & put them on the defensive, before they can bad mouth Ron? She ragged Crystal & was relentless with it, so I'm thinking that might be what she's doing with Misty. TN blaming Misty for Haleigh's death really isn't that much different than her blaming Crystal. differrent day, different ex gf. Also, when Ron got arrested, who did she blame? Not her son, the drug dealer, but Misty, the teenaged witch. TN seems ultra sensetive when it comes to criticism & Ron. nothing is his fault. ever. So, when she's out there bad mouthing Misty, I don't think she's considering the consequences. I think she's just doing what she likes to do. blaming girls for all of Ron's problems.

JMO but if the girls aren't to blame for everything that happens to RC it might mean that RC isn't actually perfect in every way, and if he is not perfect in every way people might ask why and it might open up a can of worms.

I have seen lots of mothers do this.

No my mind has not changed about Ron.From day 1 I did not believe he had anything to do with Haleigh gone missing and I still believe that.Everything that has happened since the beginning has reinforced my feelings.

I have believed since day one that Ron was not involved in whatever happened to Haleigh. I believe Misty is responsible either directly or by negligence and that Misty had help in disposing of Haleigh and cleaning up. Ron knew something was not right at home, hence all the text messages and phone calls. Ron is a bad dude and a p*sspoor father. Further he likes his women young dumb and controlable. When Misty wouldn't respond to his texts or calls he got livid. Misty couldn't respond because she was in panic/cleanup mode.

Further I don't thin Ron knows where Haleigh is and the "cooperation" he is now giving LE has nothing to do with Haleigh. His cooperation is about drug trafficking and illiegal gun sales/possession and nothing more.

Bottom line, I don't like Ron, I think he is a criminal, a bully and an allaround jerk. I do not think and never have thought he is complicate in murder.

It's mind boggling to me to think that if Misty is the one that is the perpetrator of what happened to Haleigh that Ron would be willing to settle for that. IMO there is no way he would allow her to go on her merry way with her so called life without beating the truth out of her. IMO he knows and has always known where Haleigh went AND what happened.

It's mind boggling to me to think that if Misty is the one that is the perpetrator of what happened to Haleigh that Ron would be willing to settle for that. IMO there is no way he would allow her to go on her merry way with her so called life without beating the truth out of her. IMO he knows and has always known where Haleigh went AND what happened.
I agree.

Also, the dumpster still bothers me - that the cadaver dogs hit on it.

If it weren't Haleigh's body that had been there (and from what was found and/or what the public was told there was no way to distinguish who it was) apparently SOMEONE's deceased body had been there, which is still chilling in itself.

moo

I agree.

If it weren't Haleigh's body that had been there (and from what was found and/or what the public was told there was no way to distinguish who it was) apparently SOMEONE's deceased body had been there, which is still chilling in itself.

moo

Kant, I still have a strange feeling about the dumpster hit too...I mean, three dogs hit on it...something was there or had been there, at least. I just found it odd that LE claimed to not have found anything..just strange.

Kant, I still have a strange feeling about the dumpster hit too...I mean, three dogs hit on it...something was there or had been there, at least. I just found it odd that LE claimed to not have found anything..just strange.
I know right? Strange feeling indeed. It's disturbing for sure.

I dont know if LE found something and didnt publicize it, or if the dogs hit on only trace elements of scent - which seems to suggest that a body had been there at one point, but had been moved.

I was curious about how soon after death that human cadaver dogs can typically (or generally or always) recognise a corpse. There's also the question of - not only how long does the person have to be deceased, but how long does that body have to be in a certain locale for the dogs to hit on it.

Iow, how long must a very recently deceased body remain in one spot for a these trained dogs to be able to detect that the corpse has been there.

Also, sorry for the graphic nature, but the other question is how do the dogs do at detecting a only a skeleton?

In a study published in 2007, there was a forensic pathologist who was then at a university in Switzerland, (University of Bern.) The dude's name is Lars Oesterhelweg, FWIW.

He and his associates did an experiment using new carpet squares with several squares having been exposed to a clothed, recently deceased corpse within three hours of death. (They used Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs by the way.)

The trained dogs completed several hundred trials over the next month. During these trials the dogs correctly hit on the contaminated squares with 98% accuracy. Interesting too that the dogs fell only to 94% when the squares in question had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes.

Additionally, at the University of Alabama, an anthropologist named Keith Jacobi has explored the skeleton question at a police-dog training facility where donor human remains have been buried (ranging from skeletonised to recently deceased.)

Jacobi reported that the dogs in the study were able to detect remains at all stages of decomposition. Results varied among the four dogs, but some could signal on skeletonised, very dry remains of bone, buried two feet deep in dense woods in an area of 150 feet by 300ft.

Also, fwiw, from what I understand, trained human cadaver dogs will not hit on living persons or animals (except pigs.)

(Why pigs? Not sure.)
(Is it bc pigs are used in training since human cadavers are generally not in over-abundant supply?)

Anyone know? tia

The reason I mention this about the dogs [as, imo, it relates to the thread topic of opinions on Ron's possible involvement] is that for some posters (self included) who are hinky on Ron, this information may speak to the theorized, hypothetical, alleged (fill-in-the-blank appropriate word here) timeline for Ron's movements on that day, night and the hours surrounding them. That is, as it's applicable to examining a scenario in which Haleigh, bless her heart, was the deceased victim.

So sad. *sigh*

moo

The first time I heard Ron state "I was at work" I thought "how do you know that?" No one knew what time Haleigh was "taken." How was Ron so sure that he was not driving home when she was taken or at the store when she was taken? Ron was so sure that she was taken while he was at work that he NEVER looked outside for Haleigh.

I remember when my car was stolen from my driveway. I went outside to get the paper. I immediately noticed that my car was not parked in the driveway. My first thought was that I must have parked it in the garage. I knew I didn't but I also knew I did not want my car gone. I went back inside the house, walked thru the house, opened the door between the house and garage, no car. Okay, it was in the driveway and I just missed it. I walked back through the house to get outside to see an empty driveway. I checked and rechecked 4 times before I admitted that my car was gone and called the cops. After I called the cops, I realized the reason I kept walking back and forth through the house to get from the garage to the driveway instead of pushing that little button to open the garage door to see the empty driveway was if I opened the garage door, i couldn't deny my car was gone.

I knew the minute I saw the empty driveway that my car was stolen. I just did not want to accept it. By not opening the garage door and walking back and forth, I was giving myself time to accept that my car was gone.

IMO, Ron accepted that Haleigh was long gone too quickly. Ron never had hope that she might be outside. I had more hope that my car would magically reappear than Ron did that he would find Haleigh. The only way Ron could accept that Haleigh was gone that quickly and there was no chance of finding her wandering outside was if he KNEW what happened.

That is when I was sure Ron was involved.

I agree.

moo
& what are the odds that a different dead body had been there? I believe it was Haleigh's, & cops knew it, but for whatever reason, decided to act like they didn't believe it. IDK why they didn't confront Misty with those results, isolate her, & threaten her with arrest. & if she didn't spit out the truth, arrest her. The days of taking advantage of a scared, young, Misty are long gone, IMO. I do believe, whatever love & remorse she felt for Haleigh, got washed away with all of the drama, fun & games, & their 'us against the cops' crap. maybe late at night, when she can't sleep, (if the jails don't dope her up with numbing drugs), she relives that night...or if she does sleep, maybe she dreams about a live Haleigh. IDK if she'll ever talk...maybe she'll just let it fade into a distant memory, & look at it like it happened in a movie. I think Misty has that ability. IMO, where cops screwed up the most, was in letting Ron & Misty revel in their 'celebrity'. That changed the whole dynamic. Ron went from being a crying, pleading dad, to an angry defensive loner, & Misty went from being a scared young girl, to a bouncy teeny bopper. Who can really blame them for resisting going back to their former selves? I thought being locked up would help, but that's changed them too. Ron is so careful with his words...he's not open, at all...& Misty's just hard. & they're both resigned. & still no Haleigh.

& what are the odds that a different dead body had been there? I believe it was Haleigh's, & cops knew it, but for whatever reason, decided to act like they didn't believe it. IDK why they didn't confront Misty with those results, isolate her, & threaten her with arrest. & if she didn't spit out the truth, arrest her. The days of taking advantage of a scared, young, Misty are long gone, IMO. I do believe, whatever love & remorse she felt for Haleigh, got washed away with all of the drama, fun & games, & their 'us against the cops' crap. maybe late at night, when she can't sleep, (if the jails don't dope her up with numbing drugs), she relives that night...or if she does sleep, maybe she dreams about a live Haleigh. IDK if she'll ever talk...maybe she'll just let it fade into a distant memory, & look at it like it happened in a movie. I think Misty has that ability. IMO, where cops screwed up the most, was in letting Ron & Misty revel in their 'celebrity'. That changed the whole dynamic. Ron went from being a crying, pleading dad, to an angry defensive loner, & Misty went from being a scared young girl, to a bouncy teeny bopper. Who can really blame them for resisting going back to their former selves? I thought being locked up would help, but that's changed them too. Ron is so careful with his words...he's not open, at all...& Misty's just hard. & they're both resigned. & still no Haleigh.

Great points.

I wonder how many people were reported missing in the area, or even in the state of Florida, on or around that date.

(I'm referring to your dumpster point, with which I also agree, btw.)

moo

IMO...Haleigh WAS TEMPORARY placed in the dumpster, which was easily located in the area...and the perfect place for the moment..

IMO..the LE are not talking about any evidence they found there...but those 3 dogs hitting on it....convinces me...

Then she was later..moved...but her scent remained..

my opinion and my 2 cents.

I agree.

moo
The dumpster was my first thought when the police said they had evidence that HaLeigh was deceased.

I know right? Strange feeling indeed. It's disturbing for sure.

I dont know if LE found something and didnt publicize it, or if the dogs hit on only trace elements of scent - which seems to suggest that a body had been there at one point, but had been moved.

I was curious about how soon after death that human cadaver dogs can typically (or generally or always) recognise a corpse. There's also the question of - not only how long does the person have to be deceased, but how long does that body have to be in a certain locale for the dogs to hit on it.

Iow, how long must a very recently deceased body remain in one spot for a these trained dogs to be able to detect that the corpse has been there.

Also, sorry for the graphic nature, but the other question is how do the dogs do at detecting a only a skeleton?

In a study published in 2007, there was a forensic pathologist who was then at a university in Switzerland, (University of Bern.) The dude's name is Lars Oesterhelweg, FWIW.

He and his associates did an experiment using new carpet squares with several squares having been exposed to a clothed, recently deceased corpse within three hours of death. (They used Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs by the way.)

The trained dogs completed several hundred trials over the next month. During these trials the dogs correctly hit on the contaminated squares with 98% accuracy. Interesting too that the dogs fell only to 94% when the squares in question had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes.

Additionally, at the University of Alabama, an anthropologist named Keith Jacobi has explored the skeleton question at a police-dog training facility where donor human remains have been buried (ranging from skeletonised to recently deceased.)

Jacobi reported that the dogs in the study were able to detect remains at all stages of decomposition. Results varied among the four dogs, but some could signal on skeletonised, very dry remains of bone, buried two feet deep in dense woods in an area of 150 feet by 300ft.

Also, fwiw, from what I understand, trained human cadaver dogs will not hit on living persons or animals (except pigs.)

(Why pigs? Not sure.)
(Is it bc pigs are used in training since human cadavers are generally not in over-abundant supply?)

Anyone know? tia

The reason I mention this about the dogs [as, imo, it relates to the thread topic of opinions on Ron's possible involvement] is that for some posters (self included) who are hinky on Ron, this information may speak to the theorized, hypothetical, alleged (fill-in-the-blank appropriate word here) timeline for Ron's movements on that day, night and the hours surrounding them. That is, as it's applicable to examining a scenario in which Haleigh, bless her heart, was the deceased victim.

So sad. *sigh*

moo

Great post Kant!

just to add to your post, the one thing that bothers me (amongst many others) is how long it took LE to check the dumpster with the dogs after HaLeigh was reported missing.....wasn't it days (i think it was a couple days later---AND wasn't garbage pick up, the following day or two days later? i am recalling several conversations about this) possibly a week or so after HaLeigh was reported missing that LE searched the dumpster?

JMO

Great post Kant!

just to add to your post, the one thing that bothers me (amongst many others) is how long it took LE to check the dumpster with the dogs after HaLeigh was reported missing.....wasn't it days (i think it was a couple days later---AND wasn't garbage pick up, the following day or two days later? i am recalling several conversations about this) possibly a week or so after HaLeigh was reported missing that LE searched the dumpster?

JMO
Good point.

I cant recall exactly, but i remember thinking, "WHAT?" and being irked that it did not seem timely to me.

Also, it was discussed on one of those shows, NG, etc - (one of them.) and whoever was interviewed (LE... - IDK who) the person said something that I thought was just strange.

The interviewee was asked why the search of the dumpster was "late" and why they waited until after trash pickup day to search it.

The odd response was something to the effect of, "When a child first goes missing, no one wants to upset the family by bringing out cadaver dogs because the hope is that a live child will be found."

This struck me as absurd. There are cases when a child is deliberately reported missing on a day other than the actual day that whatever happened, happened. Wow really bad syntax; but you get the drift.

Also, why not go ahead and search the dang dumpster and if there's nothing there, then - great; but at least you freakin looked before it was too late and before the dumpster was emptied such that all that's left of evidence of a body being there is trace scent.

moo

Good point.

I cant recall exactly, but i remember thinking, "WHAT?" and being irked that it did not seem timely to me.

Also, it was discussed on one of those shows, NG, etc - (one of them.) and whoever was interviewed (LE... - IDK who) the person said something that I thought was just strange.

The interviewee was asked why the search of the dumpster was "late" and why they waited until after trash pickup day to search it.

The odd response was something to the effect of, "When a child first goes missing, no one wants to upset the family by bringing out cadaver dogs because the hope is that a live child will be found."

This struck me as absurd. There are cases when a child is deliberately reported missing on a day other than the actual day that whatever happened, happened. Wow really bad syntax; but you get the drift.

Also, why not go ahead and search the dang dumpster and if there's nothing there, then - great; but at least you freakin looked before it was too late and before the dumpster was emptied such that all that's left of evidence of a body being there is trace scent.

moo

And...had they checked the dumpster right away they might have found some other evidence: a blanket, maybe Haleigh's necklace, an earring, or something with DNA evidence on it. Possibly something was there the first day or two that could have pointed the investigation in a better direction from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB