Have you changed your mind about this case?What Caused the change?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nothing has changed except the cast of characters has grown. LE is busy with the DA putting together a case. They have not believed Caylee was alive from the time they locked casey up.

If the cadaver dogs had not hit and Cindy confirmed their accurate finding in her third 911 call, perhaps Caylee being alive would be plausible.

Not now.

I predict that they will take their time. I hear great things about that DA's office and they will prosecute her for murder, without a body.

Unless they get lucky and someone stumbles on it.

Remember, they were (are) trying to locate Caylee being 31 days behind! JMHO

That's sometimes insurmountable.

But this will not go away, regardless of what the Anthony's, Baez, and the BH say.

I too have felt from day one that Caylee wouldn't be coming home alive (if at all). :( We all know the chances after a child has not been recovered within the firs 48 hours and here it has been months. I do not understand this mother, she infuriates me! :furious: I just want to shake her and say "where is your baby??!!" and I don't understand how her parents can refrain themselves from doing the same. :confused:
However, whenever I hear new information (i.e. new lies) I can't help that little glimmer of hope that appears for about 1/2 a milisecond before I remind myself of the facts that we know so far and those facts point to my original feeling. It's just so sad. :(:(:(

Now if LE comes back and says "we have no DNA and our dogs were wrong", well then I will be back on this thread singin a different toon.

ITA! This is exactly what Jose intended...he's trying to create resonable doubt and a better public perception for his client. I really dont think anything has changed. Caylee is still missing and Casey still hasnt produced her or given any help towards finding her.

Great post Prayin. Yes, he is trying to distort.

Let me play devil's advocate :)

Suppose Casey knew a bunch of people that you and I might consider dirt-bags. They come and go, sponge off people, live on people's couches then disappear, petty crime, all that stuff.

Say she gave Caylee to one of these dirt-bags for whatever reason. Said dirt-bag could easily go to Mexico from the first day Casey left Caylee in their possession.

It would be easy for someone who is this type of dirt-bag to disappear and not raise any eyebrows.

This has also been one of my thoughts, and LP saying he will give it a week before he starts his investigation, at times makes me think he is sending out some kind of warning to this friend to get the baby back. But then, it goes back to square 1, why the dogs hit the trunk of the car? :bang:

I still believe that poor child is dead somewhere. I don't want to believe that because I hate to think of a wasted life of such an innocent little baby, but from the absolute git-go I knew that any mother who hadn't seen her child in 31 days and had not mentioned it to one single soul, all the while promising her mother she would produce the child "the next day, the next day, the next day," had something horrible to hide...whether it be an accident or not. I simply can not get past the fact that if you didn't know where your child was for 31 days and you could hit the club and party like a rockstar - you've done away with your child and got over it. I think she's either in a landfill or in an alligator's belly....I know that sounds cruel and horrible, but sometimes cruel and horrible things happen. I pray every day that God will reveal Caylee's body to the world, either dead or alive. I'd love for it to be alive, but I just don't think that's going to be the outcome.

I have changed my general impression of the GP's, from seeing them as mere victims who only want Caylee back, to something less admirable.

As to the case in general, the daily parade of propagandists on behalf of the defense doesn't affect me at all. It remains simple to me. The mother who was the last known person to see her daughter alive can offer no credible explanation for what happened to her or to justify her failure to do anything to help find her. None of the nebulous stuff about fear and danger holds up to scrutiny. The fact CA has been charged with related crimes and has a right not to incriminate herself goes without saying. But a mother who cared wouldn't let that stop her, or allow day after day to go by without any sense of urgency to rescue her child. Most mothers would risk their lives for their children, so of course they would risk their freedom to save a helpless 3 year old. Leave aside the cadaver dogs. If there was a living child out there to be found, I'm convinced her mother would be able to talk and would be moving heaven and earth to save her. That would include engaging with any LE available. It's Day 2 out of jail. What has the Anthony family done to find her, other than to have their spokesperson say something from across the country. I would LOVE to be wrong, about everything.

I haven't changed my mind since day one. I've believed from the beginning that Caylee is deceased.

I think LE has known since the beginning, hence no real searches other than the obvious search of the Anthony's backyard and the water search of the nearby pond that was dubbed a training exercise.

I think the Anthony family, George, Cindy, and Lee, know too, and what we've seen in the past 5 almost 6 weeks has been a very poorly orchestrated attempt to suggest a kidnapping instead of a murder. Along the way, George, Cindy, and Lee have managed to alienate the public with their antics.

For those who've followed the Stacy Peterson case, this is no different than Drew Peterson saying that Stacy ran off with another man, as an explanation for why Stacy is missing.

This case is like no other. If the dogs didn't hit on the trunk and the backyard, I'd be more willing to think she may be alive...but dogs dont lie.

The dog hits are what have me, too. The only thing that has me a wee bit doubtful at this point is the pace of this case. I thought for sure after the forensics came back from the trunk they'd have something solid and be able to charge her. But we've heard next to nothing about it. LE continues to say the investigation is ongoing, they need answers from Casey.

I have a feeling the tests didn't come back as LE had anticipated and they are at a standstill at this point. Or could it be they are biding their time...

When this case first broke the media, my gut reaction was that she was dead.
I still feel the same way. There are too many coincidences around the time of the disappearance for her to be alive. And as much as I want her to be, as much as we all want her to be- I can't tell my gut different.
The dogs, abandoning the car, the stolen money, the eerie myspace comments, the shovel, the list goes on and on. None of which are the actions of a mother searching for her child but are the actions of one that is trying desperately to cover something up.

I do think that who ever said that is exactly what JB was trying to accomplish all along. Think about it, if we are changing our minds and can't keep up with the twists and turns and don't know which was to look how is a jury going to handle it? JB already has "reasonable doubt" paved and open for traffic.

This has also been one of my thoughts, and LP saying he will give it a week before he starts his investigation, at times makes me think he is sending out some kind of warning to this friend to get the baby back. But then, it goes back to square 1, why the dogs hit the trunk of the car? :bang:

LP has already started his own investigation that is what he said last night on Gerta and it was only 1 dog that hit on the trunk that is what YM said at the bond hearing.

No I have not changed my mind from the beginning. Once I heard that this mother hadn't reported her 3 yr daughter missing after 31 days I knew she was guilty whether directly or indirectly of that child's demize. The lies, the dogs hitting in 3 different places in the back yard, hitting on the trunk, more lies and then refusal of the mother to give ANY helpful information whatsoever while in jail only cemented my thoughts and feelings futher.

I waivered a bit about her maybe being alive but for me it always goes back to the dogs, casey's lies and the car. Usually these things are quite simple. I also feel that they almost brought this BH to come in and cast reasonable doubt on the case. Maybe someone is paying him off. What nut comes in and give sup $50,000 of their own money unless they are getting something out of it?

Do you think that Baez had his contact reach out to the Bounty Hunters just to inflict that reasonable dout on the media? I never looked at it from that angle..Um...

Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind that it has all been orchestrated to build a defense for Casey.

To answer the OP - no, I haven't changed my mind. I don't think she is alive. But I hold out a glimmer of hope that Ricardo took her to Puerto Rico and that she is still there.

I have changed my general impression of the GP's, from seeing them as mere victims who only want Caylee back, to something less admirable.

As to the case in general, the daily parade of propagandists on behalf of the defense doesn't affect me at all. It remains simple to me. The mother who was the last known person to see her daughter alive can offer no credible explanation for what happened to her or to justify her failure to do anything to help find her. None of the nebulous stuff about fear and danger holds up to scrutiny. The fact CA has been charged with related crimes and has a right not to incriminate herself goes without saying. But a mother who cared wouldn't let that stop her, or allow day after day to go by without any sense of urgency to rescue her child. Most mothers would risk their lives for their children, so of course they would risk their freedom to save a helpless 3 year old. Leave aside the cadaver dogs. If there was a living child out there to be found, I'm convinced her mother would be able to talk and would be moving heaven and earth to save her. That would include engaging with any LE available. It's Day 2 out of jail. What has the Anthony family done to find her, other than to have their spokesperson say something from across the country. I would LOVE to be wrong, about everything.

I too HAVE chaged my mind concering Cindy & George. As a mother and a new grandmother myself briefly in the beginning my heart broke for Cindy especially on the last 911 call. But now after much media exposure of Cindy and George and the ugliness that has fallen out of their mouths and the constant confusion they are determined to spread I can't stand to even look at either one of them. I promise that had I been that situation my daughter would NOT want to get out jail and come into my home and deal with me. I have NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER for Cindy!

it was only 1 dog that hit on the trunk that is what YM said at the bond hearing.

See, this threw me off too. When Cindy was on NG she corrected Nancy by saying "not 2 dogs 1 dog" and Nancy said okay, whatever and didn't insist there were 2 so at that point I was going :waitasec: because nobody could deny if 2 dogs hit that something was definetly there and that's what had me super convinced at first. Then Cindy was on Greta and said that LE told her all the hits were "inconsistent", so I'm still kinda going:waitasec: about the whole dog thing. I wish I could here the facts about this once and for all but LE is being so tight lipped about it and I can't believe a word Cindy says!

So if anyone has anymore info. on this please enlighten me 'cause I'm just confused. :confused:

At first, I thought she killed Caylee and agreeing with most of the people on this site. But I don't know anymore. I am posting what I put on the newbie thread earlier this week. This is how I have changed my thinking lately...

There are several posts in Jesse G. thread ( which is now closed by the mods) but there is Renae that claims she saw Caylee. I am not sure of all the details but she went to the FBI and LE about this, I think she also spoke directly to CA about this as well.

I find everything really odd, especially seeing Caylee in I believe it was Georgia. Jesse G moved to Athens, I found that there are several Grund members in Athens, and outside of Atlanta. If any of you live in rural communities, I am sure you could see how a child can be hidden and homeschooled. Isn't it just a little funny that Casey doesn't seem concerned at all, Jesse quit the police department, Casey called his cell on the 16th, there were airport pings on the 17th, and now there is someone that claims she is certain she saw Caylee alive? Could by chance Casey has been involved or witnessed another death? And called Jesse to help her hide her daughter? Also because Jesse thought he was the dad for the first 10 months, he loves that little girl and I am sure he would do anything to protect her as well. If I were involved in anything where my childs life had been threatened, I would in a heartbeat hide my child and not say a word to LE in attempts to make it appear my child was not around. Especially if someone plans to harm my child. I would do exactly what Casey is doing by not speaking to LE in attempts to allow my child to be out of harms way, in the same way I would take a bullet for my children.

This may be far fetched. But I am trying really hard to see different aspects to this case. Something's up, there doesn't seem to be evidence that she killed her child and unless she really is a cold blooded killer, she doesn't seem the least concerned about the whereabouts of her child or her well being. I think because Casey knows her child is alive and she is in fact ok.

I haven't changed my mind. I think many who have have possibly gotten caught up in all the details of the case (true or false) and have lost sight of the simple facts. Casey never reported her daughter missing and never indicated to her parents who raised them both that her daughter was 'missing'. As Casey said, it's not her fault she was arrested, it was Cindy's 'fault'.

Defense attorney's are correct to remind us that there is a difference between a person who lies and a person who murders.

I counter with the fact that there is a difference between a person who lies and a mother who lies while her baby is missing. A big difference.

My opinion has not changed.

Things have gotten muddied and convoluted in the passing month.

But if I go back to the beginning documents;
not reported for 31 days
only reported because Grandma called
the lies during questioning
the cadaver dogs, plus the homicide detective/nurse GM/ and excop GP all saying there had been a body in the car
and that horrid phone call between Casey/Lee/Kristie/Cindy

all the muddiness goes away and it is all clear as can be again

And at the time of the bond hearing one dog had done the trunk, two had done the backyard (consistently btw), after the bond hearing a second dog confirmed the trunk which is SOP for the dogs/trainers.

I am on the fence about whether the forensics are just not being shared, if they are waiting for all of them to come in, or if they didn't get what they were looking for. Doesn't change my opinion of what occured though.

As much as I wish it were not so, I do not think Caylee is alive.
I don't think I am alone in that thought. I don't see the FBI working an active kidnapping, neither the Sund nor Texas Equisearch are present. There is no Amber alert.

With the new twists coming in and out on this case, (snip) is there anyone who thought she may be dead, now thinking that she may actually be alive?
quote]

Nope, not me. IMO, not many, if any, of these 'new twists' are even relevant to the case at hand.

Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back