Head Blow

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary:

instantaneuos 1. done, occurring, or acting without any perceptible duration of time <death was instantaneous>

JMO

Since death from head blows is caused by swelling of the brain, I think in this case Meyers is right and strangulation was the primary cause of death. My recollection is that there was no appreciable swelling in her brain.

There's been a lot of debate about which came first. Even though, I mentioned Meyer went with the obvious, I'm not saying he was right.

The head blow was the only "violent" action against JonBenet - which leads me to believe that was the inciting action.

If you've strangled someone to death - you don't need a head blow as the "coup de gras" - she's dead. And why be so brutal with the head blow when the strangulation was so "gentle."

Also the position of the head blow needs to be considered.

TLynn said:
Also the position of the head blow needs to be considered.

The head blow was on the right side and toward the back of the head. This means JonBenet was probably lying on her stomach with her face turned to the right side.

I think the weapon was a baseball bat. Only the swing of a baseball bat, about 32" long, would have generated the velocity to cause such extensive blunt force trauma to the skull.

A 3-cell Mag-lite flashlight is only 14" long and, due to its length, it would be hard to generate the velocity needed.

A golf club would have generated the velocity but its sharp head would likely have cut into the scalp. The scalp was not cut.

Had JonBenet fallen against a stationary object, such as a bathroom sink, IMO the velocity generated by the falling body would have been minimal and would not have caused such an extensive injury to the skull.

Therefore, IMO JonBenet was hit by a baseball bat from behind while lying on her stomach on the floor and already unconscious or dead.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
The head blow was on the right side and toward the back of the head. This means JonBenet was probably lying on her stomach with her face turned to the right side.
Therefore, IMO JonBenet was hit by a baseball bat from behind while lying on her stomach on the floor and already unconscious or dead.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

I disagree Bluecrab. I think JonBenet was in an upright position, whether standing, running or sitting when she was struck on the head in anger.
What ensued after that was all to cover up the sexual abuse done to her and the apparent death caused (or so the perp thought) from the forceful blow to her little head.
I think the medical evidence indicates this sequence of events - as well as logic.
Molested, struck on the head, then her body staged to look like she actually died from the cord pulled around her neck. Much to horror of her stager - she did. But that was not the intent. The stager thought she was ALREADY dead from the hidden head wound.
Maybe that's why Patsy could answer - and pass - on their paid-for polygraph, "Do you know FOR SURE who killed JonBenet?" She isn't sure if it was the head clubber - or the cord puller "for sure."

K777angel said:
"Do you know FOR SURE who killed JonBenet?" She isn't sure if it was the head clubber - or the cord puller "for sure."

But the polygraph question was "Do you know for sure WHO killed JonBenet?" It was not "Do you know for sure WHAT killed JonBenet?"

Ed Gelb is a top of the line examiner, and in the hands of qualified examiners the accuracy rate is supposed to be around 92%. However, Lin Wood helped phrase the questions, and therefore the "for sure" clause was obviously added for a specific purpose.

IMO the "for sure" term was included because the Ramseys know that Burke and one or more other boys were involved in the killing of JonBenet, but they honestly don't know FOR SURE which one actually did the killing. If they knew which one did it, they would have shown deception when answering the questions from Gelb and would have failed the tests. Neither Burke nor anyone else is talking and the Ramseys prefer to keep it that way. They don't want to know.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc