Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good gravy Davey! I can't wade through these pages, there's so much. Can someone point me to where in the documents the duct tape and it's description of where on Caylee it was found. TIA for being nice to this lil middle aged Mama:)

I tend to believe it was like a "signature", too. No real thought to her child, but to put her mark on it. More like "I was here". She never considered it could connect back to her because, imo, Casey never thought anyone was smart enough to find Caylee.

please help me out here - how could the sticker have fallen off from UNDER the duct tape? I thought the duct tape had to be cut off the remains ... I'm so sorry to be this specific, it is too horrifying. But if the sticker was found in the bag or in the area, how did that come off??

The libs test says she was in the trunk for 2.5 days.

Well, she had 2.5 days of coming up with scenarios to explain what happened and then reconsidering. The lab tests indicate that she was killed between 1 and 4pm on Monday and the body was in the car for 2.5 days. She could have overdosed her with NyQuil, panicked when she couldn't revive her and then started the avalanche of phone calls at 4. She could have wrapped her in a blanket, put her in the car and then thought that she better put her in a bag in case someone saw in the trunk. The next day she might have thought to stage the kidnapping but reconsidered it when the body leaked fluids in the car and then put her in the garbage bag and dumped the little body, she could have put that sticker and duct tape on at any time during those days. She may have moved the body out of the trunk and laid her down in the backyard when she put her in the laundry bag and then the garbage bag, which would explain the two hits by the cadaver dogs in the yard.

What test indicates this time frame?
The 2.6 days from the body farm?
The theories I have seen using that timeframe are based on George's statement and the cellphone records.

If you go with the theory that she dumped the body on the 18th when she borrowed the shovel it puts us very late night fathers day, wee early hours of that morning.

Just curious where that data is coming from. Thanks

please help me out here - how could the sticker have fallen off from UNDER the duct tape? I thought the duct tape had to be cut off the remains ... I'm so sorry to be this specific, it is too horrifying. But if the sticker was found in the bag or in the area, how did that come off??
The sticker wasn't under the duct tape. The adhesive was found ON the duct tape in the shape of the heart sticker which they found and it appeared to have fallen off. The location of the adhesive was over the part of the tape which would have been covering her lips/mouth.

The duct tape had to be cut because it was wrapped around the face and into the hair...possibly all the way around the head (I haven't confirmed this to be the case yet).

Good gravy Davey! I can't wade through these pages, there's so much. Can someone point me to where in the documents the duct tape and it's description of where on Caylee it was found. TIA for being nice to this lil middle aged Mama:)
Info in the warrant document. The later date one. Last quarter of 3rd to last page. Not a great deal of detail.

The sticker was on the outside, not the sticky side of the duct tape. It did fall off, but they found it. It was the glue left behind in a heart shape that they first found.

I seem to remember hearing of a serial killer who strangled women then tied a "pretty bow" around their necks. Sort of like "See how pretty my handy-work is? I'm so proud of my accomplishment!" This is the first thought that flashed in my mind when I read about the heart-shaped sticker. --- The pathetic act of a cold-blooded narcissist.

That's kind of what popped in my mind too yesterday. It sounded like a serial killer that leaves their little calling card behind.

It indicates that a body 2.6 days into decomposition was in the trunk at the last chemical signature. We don't know if she was somewhere for a day and then in the trunk for a day and half or what variation of possibilities. She may have been there for the whole 2.6 days, we don't know. We can tell she didn't decompose somewhere else for say 7-14 days and then go into the trunk.

I also believe there would have been many more fingerprints rather than one latent one had this been done in haste. I almost wonder if she had some sort of disposable gloves she was wearing.

The LIBS test indicates that the body was in the car for 2.6 days.

No. It only says that the decomp in the trunk was no further along than 2.6 days. The body could have been placed in the car and moved at 2.5 days. Nothing says it was inside the car for that amount of time. It only says it was not there beyond that amount of time.

The duct tape would not have adhered well, imo, after decomp began and bodily fluids came into play, imo. (Neither would the heart sticker with fluids from the nasal cavity if put on at a later time.)

Well, she had 2.5 days of coming up with scenarios to explain what happened and then reconsidering. The lab tests indicate that she was killed between 1 and 4pm on Monday and the body was in the car for 2.5 days. She could have overdosed her with NyQuil, panicked when she couldn't revive her and then started the avalanche of phone calls at 4. She could have wrapped her in a blanket, put her in the car and then thought that she better put her in a bag in case someone saw in the trunk. The next day she might have thought to stage the kidnapping but reconsidered it when the body leaked fluids in the car and then put her in the garbage bag and dumped the little body, she could have put that sticker and duct tape on at any time during those days. She may have moved the body out of the trunk and laid her down in the backyard when she put her in the laundry bag and then the garbage bag, which would explain the two hits by the cadaver dogs in the yard.

If she put the duct tape and sticker on Caylee's mouth a day or 2 after her death then KC is MUCH more evil than I even thought possible. How could ANYONE look at their decomposing child's face and do that?! :eek:

That's kind of what popped in my mind too yesterday. It sounded like a serial killer that leaves their little calling card behind.

Kind of a "you may be horrified when you see what I have done but I find amusing/of no value" statement.

No. It only says that the decomp in the trunk was no further along than 2.6 days. The body could have been placed in the car and moved at 2.5 days. Nothing says it was inside the car for that amount of time. It only says it was not there beyond that amount of time.

Exactly!

The sticker wasn't under the duct tape. The adhesive was found ON the duct tape in the shape of the heart sticker which they found and it appeared to have fallen off. The location of the adhesive was over the part of the tape which would have been covering her lips/mouth.

The duct tape had to be cut because it was wrapped around the face and into the hair...possibly all the way around the head (I haven't confirmed this to be the case yet).
I thought that the tape might be right around and stuck to itself, but the little description doesn't say that. It says stuck to hair at both sides. I guess it's a bit ambiguous and it could still have been right around.

It certainly does say that it was in the trunk for 2. 6 days. It measures the ratio of calcium to magnesium and the rate at which it leaches from the body. If it is 30 - 1 on the first day of decomp and it steadily leaches at a measurable rate, which according to the data provided then the know the body was in the car for 2.6 days. If it is 30 - 1 on the first day, and 5-1 on the 90th day of decomp with the average temp of 33 degrees celsius, then they can date the amount of time the body was in the car decomposing by the rate at which the ratio is concentrating. In other words the ratio changes every day of decomp at a measurable rate.

I thought that the tape might be right around and stuck to itself, but the little description doesn't say that. It says stuck to hair at both sides. I guess it's a bit ambiguous and it could still have been right around.
Someone mentioned they saw where it indicated hair was caught "between" pieces of the duct tape tho. This is what I am still looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme