Heath Ledger has been found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sad that several people who were close enough to see he was in trouble, were not close enough to make sure he got help.

I agree, Tex. But, I also know FIRST HAND (unfortunately)...it's very difficult to get someone to see they need help, no matter how close you may be to them. Everyone seems to think they can handle it, and "it" will never happen to them...:banghead:

It has been reported that drug use is the reason for Heath's breakup with Michelle. Perhaps even she could not get him to help himself. :(

I disagree, Matilda should absolutely be at her father's funeral! She is old enough to understand finality and it will be her only chance to say goodbye! When my mother died last year noone could keep me from taking my 5-year-old daughter to my mother's funeral! She definitely understood that Nana was dead, and even shoveled dirt on the grave. Even John-John got it when JFK died and he was only 4!
My parents denied me that right to go to my grandparents funerals when I was 7 and 8! I have never forgiven them for that!

I think they were taking Matilda to the viewing. I really don't think a two-year-old quite understands the concept of death. Also, they would get mighty wiggly during the tributes, eulogy, etc.

I would only take her if someone was available to take her away when she got upset or restless. It might be quite upsetting to see mommy crying so much, grandparents crying, etc. Beyond a little two-year-olds ability to cope, I'm afraid. Four and five-year-olds can understand so much more.

Not that I think that they should hide appropriate feelings from her at all; but the actually funeral would not have much meaning to her. IMO

I doubt much thought was put into whether it was the right thing for him as a young boy.

Actually Jackie did put a lot of thought into it. I've read biographies on her.

Olsens minders inside before medical team,

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=372094

Mary-Kate Olsen's bodyguards entered Heath Ledger's New York apartment before ambulance officers, a new witness has claimed.

Chef Joseph Cotto told the Sunday Herald Sun the former child star's minders went inside Ledger's $26,000-a-month apartment three minutes before the medical team.

The newspaper said there were suggestions the bodyguards "may have 'cleared' the scene".

A great friend she is.:rolleyes: I knew there was more than one reason why I didnt like her:rolleyes:

Let the family grieve in peace - Not directed towards anyone here, the rag sites that can't comprehend that sometimes people's bodies just give out!

http://www.tmz.com/

Snip -

t sounds strange, but sources intimately connected with the Heath Ledger investigation tell TMZ it's possible the actor died of natural causes.

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

Maybe now they'll leave MK alone. She may not dress the way some would like her to, but You don't hear about her neglecting kids, running people over, causing a huge scene and demanding all kinds of freebies etc. They've actually taken their fame and done things with it. They have fashion lines, started The Sprouse twins on their way (Twins from the suite life of Zack and Cody), own real estate etc. I'd much rather have them do that and hear about it, then have them be like HerpeHilton, LooneyLohan and the like!

I have to say, I'm almost relieved to see that there is very little coverage since Heath left New York. His family is doing a remarkable job of keeping everything quiet. They are looking after their son/brother in the way he would want - with total privacy. God Bless them all.

My 11-yo son said tonight, very tongue-in-cheek, "If you have an emergency, don't call 911, call Mary Kate Olsen!!"

Really, that is just TOO odd that MKO was called first. There was something very odd going on. Was MK giving Heath drugs?

We watched "10 Things I Hate About You" tonight in tribute and my daughter sobbed. Truly, this is a HUGE loss...he was so cute and talented. :(

It may sound weird but I think & hope his death was due to natural causes and not drug-related. Death is not nice in any way but at least there won't be a stigma attached to it as far as his loved ones are concerned.

I have to say, I'm almost relieved to see that there is very little coverage since Heath left New York. His family is doing a remarkable job of keeping everything quiet. They are looking after their son/brother in the way he would want - with total privacy. God Bless them all.
they are in midair at the moment.....it will be interesting to see what happens when the plane lands here.

Actually Jackie did put a lot of thought into it. I've read biographies on her.

Maybe you're right. I don't know the family. My impressions are formed, in part, by a good friend who was in long-term drug and alcohol treatment with Joan Kennedy. Joan's experience of Jackie and the rest of the clan was that everything was ordered done with an eye towards the public's reaction. Joan apparently struggled mightily with that aspect of life in the Kennedy clan and felt she was forced to do and endure many things that were personally brutal in the name of keeping up proper appearances.

\

Really, that is just TOO odd that MKO was called first. There was something very odd going on. Was MK giving Heath drugs?

You know what though? If *I* were famous, I would NOT want every little thing I did out in the media. *IF* they were dating as has been speculated, I can see why she *would* call her. Especially since it's been said she (supposedly) heard him snoring before hand. Maybe she callled to find out if there had been anything out of the ordinary going on. Once 911 is called we all see how there is NO more privacy, even w/ "everyday" people. 911 calls have a tendency to get "leaked".

What would have happened if he would have lived and it was just an "allergic reaction" to something. Look how his name has been drug through the mud already, and he's dead, can you imagine if he was alive, and this was all out? Not to mention, IF he were alive right now, and she had called 911, and it had gotten leaked out about even just his anti anxiety drugs, HER (masseuse's) career, more than likely would have been OVER. Discretion is key in these situations. Heck, I've called people in panics only to be told to call "a", "b", or "c" instead. But we tend to turn to those we know, or that know the person, before turning to total strangers.

I think Mary-Kate's statement is appropriate. She does NOT have to issue a statement. And I also firmly believe certain people would have found fault with WHATEVER she may have said, up to and including nothing at all.

And being out in a club shortly after his death? Sooo what! - we all went out for drinks during the interlude of my dad's funeral, had a blast reminiscing about him and the "good times". Some people would find that totally inappropriate, however for me and those that went, it was fitting and it also gave us a chance to "dull the pain" a bit.

Does this mean Michelle is insensitive and/or didn't care because she hasn't released/issued a statement? Nope, just the way she's chosen to do things. Each person deals as well as grieves differently.

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

Heck, I know someone who had a stroke at age 29. She lived and recovered quite well considering. Never was quite the same though, or able to do everything. So yeah, even though it's out of the ordinary, it isn't like it couldn't happen.

I figured it was that... but I guess I'd have put him in a (temporary) coffin rather than a crate while transporting his body in front of the public eye... it seems so... I dunno, like he didn't matter or something. I know probably nobody in charge thought about it that way, but of course seeing that pic, I do. :eek:

Personally, I feel the same way-- bananas are shipped in crates

Perhaps as said its just a casing and his coffin is inside ?NO? Since is mentioned the family is going to pick out a coffin when he arrives home?

The crate , I don't like. I wouldn't like it for my own loved one or MYSELF...

I would want a more respectful parting than a crate-and not to 'suit' onlookers but dignity purposes this is the country he worked, lived , found love and had a child in.

However, his family knew him best so they may feel the crate was most appropriate --or may be what they have use as far as the trip itself-< dunno... Regardless...-----RIP Heath-~Prayers ~~ Thank you for sharing your wonderful acting ability with us ~~~~ Gone too soon though ~

Personally, I feel the same way-- bananas are shipped in crates

Perhaps as said its just a casing and his coffin is inside ?NO? Since is mentioned the family is going to pick out a coffin when he arrives home?

The crate , I don't like. I wouldn't like it for my own loved one or MYSELF...

I would want a more respectful parting than a crate-and not to 'suit' onlookers but dignity purposes this is the country he worked, lived , found love and had a child in.

However, his family knew him best so they may feel the crate was most appropriate --or may be what they have use as far as the trip itself-< dunno... Regardless...-----RIP Heath-~Prayers ~~ Thank you for sharing your wonderful acting ability with us ~~~~ Gone too soon though ~
The first picture I saw was a wooden coffin, oak or some nice wood, with a small emblem on the top. They took it out of the hearse and it only filled the doors about half way up. IMO they then put a wooden casing around the coffin for transportation purposes because when they put it back in the hearse it was much bigger and almost filled the doors. Maybe that is something that is required by the air carrier so that the coffin doesn't get banged up or come open accidently while in flight. I know Australia is pretty sticky about some things. They are the only country I have traveled where the airline had to spray inside the plane for any bugs, etc. before you landed so that nothing foreign was brought to their country.

The first picture I saw was a wooden coffin, oak or some nice wood, with a small emblem on the top. They took it out of the hearse and it only filled the doors about half way up. IMO they then put a wooden casing around the coffin for transportation purposes because when they put it back in the hearse it was much bigger and almost filled the doors. Maybe that is something that is required by the air carrier so that the coffin doesn't get banged up or come open accidently while in flight. I know Australia is pretty sticky about some things. They are the only country I have traveled where the airline had to spray inside the plane for any bugs, etc. before you landed so that nothing foreign was brought to their country.

Thank you ...
Oh my--you reminded me of how bad the turbulence was last time i took a flight---
Very true and makes a lot more sense to me why that crate was used..is nice to know it was only a shell and to protect his body from falling out.Oh my that thought alone is horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz