Heath Ledger has been found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres no new news here of Heath......theres been no reports of the arrival of his body in Perth or of any funeral arrangments or memorial services for him.......hopefully Heath has already been laid to rest privately in the company of his loved ones.
You know<dingo.I hope he has too...although I am far to curious but that would be for the best.
On the other hand ,something tells me that he should have been buried with pomp and some circumstance as he was a great actor.
Ulimately, I am just so sad for him....
But maybe a totally private burial was his wishes..
We do not know..
It is all quiet here and I supect that he is already buried.

I've never been able to get clean for my kids. In fact, my kids often make me want to use drugs!!:crazy: Ultimately, people only stay clean for one person - themselves.

Yes - I do think most people will, like you, not be able to fully empathize with his struggle if it turns out that drugs were involved. I dislike this reality, but I do recognize that most people who don't struggle with drug addiction have no basis to understand what that struggle may be like.

I see your points and understand completely your point of view. And, I'm torn. Also, I think right now I'm just MAD that this could be the reason for a brilliant life ended about 60 years too soon. I guess I should be mad at the drugs and those whom sell them and the doctor's that over-prescribe the prescriptions. But still - he had choices and common sense and was obviously smart, had advantages so many don't. I'm just pissed this may be the choice he made. Damn the scourge on humanity that this crap is! It sucks all the way around. That sweet little baby Matilda, whom will now probably have no memories of her own of her Daddy. Whom can we be mad at, I guess it's pointless to be mad at the dead, he already payed the biggest price. :(

You know<dingo.I hope he has too...although I am far to curious but that would be for the best.
On the other hand ,something tells me that he should have been buried with pomp and some circumstance as he was a great actor.
Ulimately, I am just so sad for him....
But maybe a totally private burial was his wishes..
We do not know..
It is all quiet here and I supect that he is already buried.
..I know what you mean Kazz ....I think if the family could have been insured of a respectful turnout all would have been welcome as in other well known Aussie funerals...I honestly think that the family may be too worried about the antigay freaks and their actions to open the service up to the public.

..I know what you mean Kazz ....I think if the family could have been insured of a respectful turnout all would have been welcome as in other well known Aussie funerals...I honestly think that the family may be too worried about the antigay freaks and their actions to open the service up to the public.

I think a private burial is a great idea, as Heath was a quiet guy who wasnt to fussed on all the attention, a memorial can be held at a later date for his friends and fans etc. At least then his funeral will not be marred by any unwanted attention or persons.

I think a private burial is a great idea, as Heath was a quiet guy who wasnt to fussed on all the attention, a memorial can be held at a later date for his friends and fans etc. At least then his funeral will not be marred by any unwanted attention or persons.
Too true.I think the crazy church people were foremost in the families minds. I would not want my loved ones send off to be marred by that crazy bunch...
I believe that they will have a very private burial in perth and we may only hear about it via a 'statement'...
It could be that they are carrying out Heath's wishes...
I read that his estate could be worth over 30 million dollars..seems he had quite a property portfolio..
Heath was obviously switched on and not a raving drug addict as I have heard some here in our media suggest. I have never heard such character assasination as I have heard here in our local media.One former interviewer to the stars was particularly nasty regarding Heath.Accusing him of using all types of drugs and being obnoxious.
There is no need for the media to be so bitter...o.k.. he may not have loved the press but for a bloke who was squirted by them with water pistols at a premiere ,who could have blamed him.
Ulitmately the media builds people up to tear them down when they see fit...
If Heath took drugs then he joins the throng of many who do...whether it be illegal or recreational.Every one has their demons to deal with.
It has no bearing on how greater an actor he was or the legacy of his work. Not in my opinion.

Too true.I think the crazy church people were foremost in the families minds. I would not want my loved ones send off to be marred by that crazy bunch...
I believe that they will have a very private burial in perth and we may only hear about it via a 'statement'...
It could be that they are carrying out Heath's wishes...
I read that his estate could be worth over 30 million dollars..seems he had quite a property portfolio..
Heath was obviously switched on and not a raving drug addict as I have heard some here in our media suggest. I have never heard such character assasination as I have heard here in our local media.One former interviewer to the stars was particularly nasty regarding Heath.Accusing him of using all types of drugs and being obnoxious.
There is no need for the media to be so bitter...o.k.. he may not have loved the press but for a bloke who was squirted by them with water pistols at a premiere ,who could have blamed him.
Ulitmately the media builds people up to tear them down when they see fit...
If Heath took drugs then he joins the throng of many who do...whether it be illegal or recreational.Every one has their demons to deal with.
It has no bearing on how greater an actor he was or the legacy of his work. Not in my opinion.

Great post Kazz, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great post Kazz, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Shazz. This is going to sound a little nuts but i am begininig to suspect that Heath may have been laid to rest in L.A......seems to me that the Westwood Cemetary has really good security.....also he would be nearer Matilda if laid to rest in the U.S...I could see that being an option for his family.
It sounds a bit far fetched but maybe the media are all barking up the wrong tree..
Whatever or where-ever I hope he rests in peace.

I see your points and understand completely your point of view. And, I'm torn. Also, I think right now I'm just MAD that this could be the reason for a brilliant life ended about 60 years too soon. I guess I should be mad at the drugs and those whom sell them and the doctor's that over-prescribe the prescriptions. But still - he had choices and common sense and was obviously smart, had advantages so many don't. I'm just pissed this may be the choice he made. Damn the scourge on humanity that this crap is! It sucks all the way around. That sweet little baby Matilda, whom will now probably have no memories of her own of her Daddy. Whom can we be mad at, I guess it's pointless to be mad at the dead, he already payed the biggest price. :(

I see your points and agree as well. I wasn't trying to be preachy and hope I didn't come across that way.:blowkiss: I too do not know where to place my anger. When I am angry, I want to blame - and will look around everywhere for someone to accept the blame.

I've never been able to get clean for my kids. In fact, my kids often make me want to use drugs!!:crazy: Ultimately, people only stay clean for one person - themselves.

Yes - I do think most people will, like you, not be able to fully empathize with his struggle if it turns out that drugs were involved. I dislike this reality, but I do recognize that most people who don't struggle with drug addiction have no basis to understand what that struggle may be like.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
One Day At A Time southcitymom !

Nobody EVER gets successfully clean/sober for another person, even their dearly loved children, spouse, lover, parents or family. It doesn't work that way - it's got to come from inside. No matter HOW much we want it for someone else, sadly no-one can MAKE an addict do it even with an intervention and rehab. Getting clean and sober and STAYING that way depends ONLY on the addict themselves. If someone else could do it for them, there would be no addicts. Unless the addict wants to change and keep walking the right path every minute of every day and WORKS at it, there is no change. There is no "quick fix" - no "cure" - just staying clean and sober for this moment, this hour, this day, right now...and then doing it all over again with each NEW DAY!

And for ALL those who reach for "serenity" every day - stay strong and stay focused and stay "right" with yourself!

My Opinion

If he OD'ed, I will still have compassion for his family and his child. But for him, not so much. It's like he put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger - IF it was drugs. If you can't get clean for your kid's, what better reason will you ever have?? He had already lost the love of his life to/for the drugs, was apparently going to lose any chance at even shared custody, and ultimately lost his life, perhaps by his own choosing. Sad, but most sad for the one's whom loved him so much.

I hadn't heard he was about to lose shared custody. That's a new one on me.

I haven't found an article, yet, that confirms that Heath was about to lose custody of Matilda, so I believe it's all speculation at the moment. A lot of stuff is, an example being this Rebecca White character who claims to have been asked by Heath, personally, to score him an "eighth" of cocaine.

There was some sort of memorial in LA for Heath, I believe. I recall one of the entertainment shows, showing footage of people arriving at - I forget the name, but it's a place in LA - the memorial site. Naomi Watts left looking visibly distraught. I hate that I know this and I do wish people would let Heath rest in peace. I think a private funeral is EXACTLY what he would have preferred; his job was never about being famous, as far as he was concerned.

ETA: Those people who were protesting are repulsive. I hear a lot of people say, "Oh, but he was just playing a gay character, they shouldn't care". But what if he had been gay? (I'm not speculating that he was, just saying "what if".) It still wouldn't make it acceptable. I don't know how they can sleep at night.

There was some sort of memorial in LA for Heath, I believe. I recall one of the entertainment shows, showing footage of people arriving at - I forget the name, but it's a place in LA - the memorial site. Naomi Watts left looking visibly distraught. I hate that I know this and I do wish people would let Heath rest in peace. I think a private funeral is EXACTLY what he would have preferred; his job was never about being famous, as far as he was concerned.

It was a private memorial service in LA.I posted a link above (post 513). Quote:

His family held a private memorial service at a chapel in Los Angeles. The ceremony was held amid tight security and attended by his parents, his sister Kate, ex-fiancee Michelle Williams, his two-year-old daughter Matilda, actress and former girlfriend Naomi Watts and 10 other close family and friends.

I believe that Heath would have approved of this - people that he was very close with. Also, I believe that these people needed to be together at this time to grieve with one another and to memorialize their loved one.

The family will go on to Perth for a private funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz