Heath Ledger has been found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see him in Lords of Dogtown? He was so transformed in that movie that I didn't even know it was him in the role until it was 3/4 over.

The more likely scenario is that he was a long time user of Ambien and it was no longer working for him at recommended dosages. Sometimes people require up to 4x the dosage to get the same effect they experienced during initial use. I have heard all sorts of things from chasing the pills with alcohol to snorting the powder all in order to have the pills work after building a tolerance.

My bet is that he was taking more than just Ambien and there was a deadly interaction between two or more drugs. Some drugs have dangerous side effects when taken together.

I believe I read somewhere that he was a documented bi-polar patient and had a history of drug use. It will be interesting to hear what the ME has to say.

Regardless of the eventual outcome its a shame to have such a young man come to such a terrible end.

No, he shouldn't have taken anything with the Ambien.

And if he was bi-polar, he shouldn't have mixed alcohol or other things with (lithium)either. I wonder if he was getting proper treatment for his bi-polar?

Even though I obviously didn't know him, my husband and I have been very upset all evening. I feel so sorry for his little girl.

I'm so shocked by his death, how terrible for his little girl and his family.
I loved every movie was in, my favorite was "Brokeback Mountain, Nasty Jack".

No, he shouldn't have taken anything with the Ambien.

And if he was bi-polar, he shouldn't have mixed alcohol or other things with (lithium)either. I wonder if he was getting proper treatment for his bi-polar?

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately many bi-polar and schizophrenic individuals have self medicated for so long they are unable to only take one or two pill of anything. They tend to over medicate as a standard.

Under proper physician's care there are many things that can be taken with Ambien. I wouldn't be surprised it we find out that he had more than one doctor caring for him, each writing a script for something different without knowledge of the each other.

THis is VERY foretelling. Could he have been bi-polar - it said his mind raced so he took one Ambien, then he took another.

I think Ambien can be very addictive.

The article also mentioned he had "James Dean qualities". Very eiry.

First what's the other name for that drug........ secondly he may have been given that because he did have punemonia and it's very hard to sleep or rest while your coughing your guts up. Also you break out in a cold sweat and your whole body aches...... he might have been in pain.

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately many bi-polar and schizophrenic individuals have self medicated for so long they are unable to only take one or two pill of anything. They tend to over medicate as a standard.

Under proper physician's care there are many things that can be taken with Ambien. I wouldn't be surprised it we find out that he had more than one doctor caring for him, each writing a script for something different without knowledge of the each other.

I looked up the 2 drugs the Australian article said were found near the bed - and that would be VALIUM and XANAX.

Can those be mixed with Ambien? Probably too much of a cocktail of any of these could be lethal. Depresses the breathing, then cardiac arrest.

You're right, there could be prescriptions from several doctors.

In Australia they don't use lithium much anymore...... preffer to use valpro instead. You can drink with that but your a one beer wonder.

You can't take antibiotics and anti depressant togeather and you can't take codene,antidepressants and antibiotics togeather at all. It makes you stoned.

I looked up the 2 drugs the Australian article said were found near the bed - and that would be VALIUM and XANAX.

Can those be mixed with Ambien? Probably too much of a cocktail of any of these could be lethal. Depresses the breathing, then cardiac arrest.

You're right, there could be prescriptions from several doctors.

Xanax is not the correct medication for bi-polar if that's what is said he had.

It's really starting to sound like this was an accident. I truly don't believe it was a suicide. He had pneumonia. I think he may have taken some sleeping pills to sleep and it reacted poorly with his unhealthy state. A think a similar happened with ANS (ie - poor combo of meds and health).

In any event, I don't know what to think about rumors that he had a drug problem. If drugs other than sleeping aids were involved, they are holding that info close.

cenasangel,
Maybe you personally can't take antibiotics and antidepressants together but I've taken them together as needed for years. And yes they were prescribed to me by the same Dr. Luckily I don't often need antibiotics but there is no reason they can't be taken with antidepressants.

It's also safe to take codeine which is a pain medication, with antidepressants and antibiotics. I also know that for a fact.

Greta's going to have Heath's dad on in a little bit, from Australia. How sad.

cenasangel,
Maybe you personally can't take antibiotics and antidepressants together but I've taken them together as needed for years. And yes they were prescribed to me by the same Dr. Luckily I don't often need antibiotics but there is no reason they can't be taken with antidepressants.

It's also safe to take codeine which is a pain medication, with antidepressants and antibiotics. I also know that for a fact.

I mean all at once.

It's really starting to sound like this was an accident. I truly don't believe it was a suicide. He had pneumonia. I think he may have taken some sleeping pills to sleep and it reacted poorly with his unhealthy state. A think a similar happened with ANS (ie - poor combo of meds and health).

In any event, I don't know what to think about rumors that he had a drug problem. If drugs other than sleeping aids were involved, they are holding that info close.

When i was diagnosed as having pneumonia the first thing the locum did was give me 2 panadol forte to help me sleep as i was in alot of pain and simply could not stop coughing.

When i was diagnosed as having pneumonia the first thing the locum did was give me 2 panadol forte to help me sleep as i was in alot of pain and simply could not stop coughing.

I believe that! Pneumonia is a tricky condition that surely can kill a person. Certainly a person who has it shouldn't take drugs he might otherwise be able to handle. I have no medical training but that makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub