Heath Ledger has been found dead

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised at that!! That doesn't sound like normal John Gibson.
He definitely needs a fine or something, at the least. Really bad taste.

Gibson has a documented history of outrageous statements similar to those he made yesterday and again today about Heath Ledger.

One can only hope Gibson eventually sees the similarity between his words and those of Fred Phelps and his ilk, not the sort of company I'd be seeking, but that's just me...

Absolutely. John Gibson's comments were shameful and uncalled for.:furious: Proves what an insensitive cad he is.
He should have been fired on the spot.
Just one of the MANY reasons I REFUSE to watch Fox! Good thing Greta has transcripts and most of her "Big Story" stuff ends up online elsewhere. There is so much I personally find offensive on Fox I just will not give them even a minute of my viewership. I find that on Fox, their coverage isn't really straight NEWS, it's news stories with their OPINIONS - which I do not agree with in 99% of the cases. I just want the NEWS, I can form my own opinions if I am given the STRAIGHT FACTS. Fox seems to think we all need to hear their on-air personality's opinions and ideology - often without the facts....as in this case. It makes me SICK!

And Fox has no intention of firing or even censoring this bigoted, ill-informed blowhard - all PR is good PR and more importantly (to Fox), many viewers of Fox News share John Gibson's opinions. Sadly, most of the people spewing hatred and misinformation about Heath Ledger are ignorant and believe Heath IS the PART he played in Brokeback Mountain (or don't care because it was a "GAY" movie). They don't want to hear FACTS - and that is exactly why they tune in to Gibson and Fox News...they are there to hear ONLY support for their opinions and beliefs.

All I can say is if your are offended, write Fox News and tell them and then TURN TO ANOTHER CHANNEL. Fox isn't going to change, but YOU CAN!

My Opinion

What is sad to me (besides this ENTIRE thing) is that so many are saying that the silver lining in this death is that maybe folks will pay more attn to prescription drugs/OTC drugs and be more careful...

Shoot- didn't we say that back when ANS died, and other than it just becoming a tabloid 'story', and a collective clucking of tongues, nothing changed?

It will just continue status quo because people that feel that they need scrips (and maybe they do) will continue to diagnose and regulate themselves while docs will continue to prescribe drugs to them without being able to be sure of other scripts/OTC drugs they may be taking.

We are only 'safe' from this kind of death if we are completely honest with our caregivers/doctors about our medical/psych problems, completely honest with ourselves about the same, and do our own research concerning the drug interactions independantly. That is a lot of responsibility on ourselves, and if we are ill, our judgement may be impaired. So because it may not be possible to align all of those planets perfectly every time, accidents will happen and as tragic as it is, it is an accident and blame should not be meted out to anyone in every case.

Ledger's former fiancée Williams failed to talk sense into her now deceased former partner.

"She cared for him deeply but his life was unmanageable," said the source. "As much as she wanted to stay together, he was a different person these past couple of years.

And more comments from friends & work associates about Heath's change of behavior in the months leading up to his death:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...cle_id=509837&in_page_id=1773&in_page_id=1773

What is sad to me (besides this ENTIRE thing) is that so many are saying that the silver lining in this death is that maybe folks will pay more attn to prescription drugs/OTC drugs and be more careful...

Shoot- didn't we say that back when ANS died, and other than it just becoming a tabloid 'story', and a collective clucking of tongues, nothing changed?

It will just continue status quo because people that feel that they need scrips (and maybe they do) will continue to diagnose and regulate themselves while docs will continue to prescribe drugs to them without being able to be sure of other scripts/OTC drugs they may be taking.

We are only 'safe' from this kind of death if we are completely honest with our caregivers/doctors about our medical/psych problems, completely honest with ourselves about the same, and do our own research concerning the drug interactions independantly. That is a lot of responsibility on ourselves, and if we are ill, our judgement may be impaired. So because it may not be possible to align all of those planets perfectly every time, accidents will happen and as tragic as it is, it is an accident and blame should not be meted out to anyone in every case.

That's true, but drug addicts, like alcoholics, are notorious for shopping around for drugs. And they just don't tell the truth.

If there were a computerized system that all doctors could check when a patient comes to them, it might help some. (but I don't know if that would include Europe)

I think drug companies need to educate much more about this; no one reads the teeny tiny print, in what turns out to be practically a thesis to read inside the drug package.

Absolutely. John Gibson's comments were shameful and uncalled for.:furious: Proves what an insensitive cad he is.
He should have been fired on the spot.
What a horrible man he is...Im still reeling over the comments made about Heath and his family by that other moronic group....Heaths death has certainly opened my eyes to the hate that some groups can generate..we are somewhat sheltered down here and thankfully so.

I just saw a report that after Heath's body was found by the maid and masseuse, the masseuse made 3 phone calls to Mary-Kate Olson, BEFORE calling 911. Explanation: she was calling MKO to find out what do do.

Ok... he isn't breathing... perhaps it is obvious he is dead... how hard is it to realize that you need to call 911 IMMEDIATELY?!?!?! And obviously this isn't unusual... I think something along the same scenario played out when Anna Nicole Smith was found dead.

thats been reported here to Elphaba.....you would have thought that she would have tried to help him first whether he was beyond it or not.

Anti-gay preacher launches Ledger tirade:mad: :furious: :mad:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=371907.

Dying time is truth time," he said. "This is the best thing that ever happened to that family.

Hi dingo doggy. What a twisted thinking, heartless son of a beach:furious:! I don't know what kind of God that sorry excuse for a man (and his minions) worships, but that is not the God that I know. I hope Heath's family is able to shield themselves from at least some from this hateful campaign. How can anyone preach, "the word of God" with such hate? I recall hearing the saying, "The devil can quote the bible to do his own works". This saying personifies this, "preacher."

And, speaking in such an ugly way about Australia is hurtful. I love the aussies, dearly. Even if I didn't I wouldn't want for any person with a voice from this country to bad mouth them or any other country. Nothing good can come from it.

Lion

I just saw a report that after Heath's body was found by the maid and masseuse, the masseuse made 3 phone calls to Mary-Kate Olson, BEFORE calling 911. Explanation: she was calling MKO to find out what do do.

Ok... he isn't breathing... perhaps it is obvious he is dead... how hard is it to realize that you need to call 911 IMMEDIATELY?!?!?! And obviously this isn't unusual... I think something along the same scenario played out when Anna Nicole Smith was found dead.

I found this extremely dodgy as well. The thing that came to my mind was that the maid found something incriminating and called MK to help her clean up. Heath's tox screen wont be back for roughly 2 weeks. I suppose we will see what that has to say. If it had been an anatomical reason for Heath's death it would have shown up on the PM.

From an EW article, here is what Christopher Plummer, Heath's costar on his latest flick, had to say:
"Heath did have a terrible, lingering bug in London, and he couldn't sleep at all. We all — I thought he'd probably got walking pneumonia..."

"We were working in such dire conditions in London, outside every night in the cold. Which may have contributed somewhat to [the state of] his health. We were all armed with antibiotics all the time."

I didn't know he worked with Plummer on his last film. Plummer sure has alot of work these days. I've always loved him since "Sound of Music". He was just so handsome in that movie IMO

The housekeeper said when she went in his room to change a light bulb he was snoring..a short time later the Massuese comes in and he is dead. Maybe he had sleep apnea? The snoring is a sign isn't it? And with being sick already and taking some pretty strong meds. Gosh I don't know I just feel so bad. When they brought him out on the stretcher it looked like a skinny little boy..

I thought the same thing when they brought him out. It kinda looked like there wasn't anything in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710