TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by staged? Staged by who? For what purpose? Really curious about your comment. Thx
I am not saying it was, but he was clearly being given direction. His phone rang and he asked if he could answer it. If he thiught the call might be from police he would answer it - if they were there, he'd ask.

Like I said, just makes sense to me in retrospect if that is what happened.

As unspeakably sad as this is for Baby M, who will never know her mother, the damage to HB's son is likely going to be much, much more profound.

Because unlike Baby M, he did know his mom.
He loved his mom.
One of her friends said of HB and her son's relationship something along the lines of,
"He was her entire world, and she was his," or words to that effect.

His world has just come crashing down around him.

And what makes this nightmare that much worse, if such a thing is even possible, is that it's Christmastime.

So now, every Christmas moving forward will be associated with his mom's murder.
For the rest of his life.

This is beyond terrible.

JMO.
My heart especially goes out to her little boy. The effects of his mom’s murder will be painful and complex. And yes, Christmas will not be the same. Such long-lasting traumatic grief for this family.
JMO

I am not saying it was, but he was clearly being given direction. His phone rang and he asked if he could answer it. If he thiught the call might be from police he would answer it - if they were there, he'd ask.

I agree with you. LE has asked families to give interviews with direction before in other cases. I think LE knew what was going on from the beginning...JMO

I watched the interview many times while transcribing it and I have a different take. Imo he was clearly out of his element and the news crew and his dad were trying to help him to get good news footage.

Last edited:
Baby Margo probably had bonded with Heidi, and was inconsolable the first few days after being stolen away from her! Now, she's probably bonded with the kidnapper, esp if she figured out a way to breastfeed. This poor little baby--you are so right SCHMAE, mayhem and chaos.
Not always. There was another case where the kidnapper who was a naval mom, couldn't console the 3 week baby that she stole to cover up her secret miscarriage. Very young babies know their mom very well, JMO

I have no idea. To this day, I don't know why she lied about it. She ended up having 4 children after the fake pregnancy. She only has the youngest, the 2 oldest live with grandparents, the other one with the father. I think she might have wanted a baby, she seems to only care for her kids when they're on the baby stage so, I don't know if it was just her wanting to have a baby, or if it was something else. But it was horrible.

Right?! I doubt Margo looked like a day old newborn by the time she took her. Crazy.

I started researching it...
https://www.webmd.com/baby/false-pregnancy-pseudocyesis#1

I hope everyone in the early threads who had already made up their minds in the first 5 minutes that Heidi's husband was guilty based on their attempts at body language and statement analysis is feeling really confident in their lie detection skills right now. Poor guy just lost his 33-year-old wife and is now forced into the position of being a single dad to a 1-month-old because some selfish *** thought they were entitled to a baby. Can't imagine how he is feeling.
You know what? I think there a lot of people feeling bad right now & don’t really need the lecture.

To be fair there were a lot of red flags here and with statistics how they are in these cases it’s not hard to see how people were thinking. I think even Shane would probably get that and hopefully he realizes it was due to people’s huge concern for Heidi and the baby and anger over the situation. He was the object of that anger, unfortunately. I feel absolutely terrible for him and the online accusations make everything worse, I agree, but I think WS is unique in keeping things under control compared to other sites.

If the police had been able to inform him from just about the absolute outset of this case that they believed Heidi and Margo had been abducted by a female suspect, why would it have taken them a week to find that suspect?

I’m not trying to argue with you in particular, I just don’t think that the police knew what was happening at this point, and therefore neither did he. It seems Shane Carey’s odd behavior is still an issue, since previously it was a basis for wondering about his guilt or innocence, and now it’s being explained away by some as him having insider information from the police (before they even had a chance to investigate).

Statistics? Everyone who knew her that spoke publicly said she wouldn't leave willingly and the biggest red flag was that she didn't pick up their son that night. Put together with phone records showing not only any communications that day, but that her phone was turned off and at what time. I don't know if LE thought a female specifically that early on, but certainly a logical thought is abduction and in that case, his public pleas made sense.

Given what LE knows about missing persons situations in general, it's reasonable to think they at least wanted to start as soon as possible. It didn't have to be specific at that point, just get the word out that she was missing and LE and the FBI was involved in case she was kidnapped, the kidnappers would be alerted that it was an active investigation. LE doesn't make statements like they did (as sparse as that one was - no complaints though) if they believed she just walked away on her own. They did it to let someone know they were working it, but also trying not to panic someone into doing what they ultimately did - kill the mother HB.

They may not have known specifics at that time, but they knew the odds and if she were kidnapped, the odds are that the mother would be killed as soon as possible.

@gitana1 If a crime begins in one jurisdiction, and ends in another, does the initial jurisdiction have control over all charges? I'm thinking it does, due to a recent abduction etc of a young girl who went to another state.

It depends on what was done where. Both could have jurisdiction of different things. Like kidnapping in one state and murder in the other. But if the kidnapping was part of a plan to eventual murder I’m thinking the first state could have jurisdiction over both. But I’m not 100%.

I think we dealt with this in a few cases and one recently IIRC showed each state was responsible for the specific crime in their state.

What’s the latest on this case?

Any info on how she was taken?
Where the baby is now?
Condition of Margot/Margo?
Why no one smelled anything from her trunk?
Who called CPS and why?
How poor Heidi was murdered?
How no one saw anything?

Feds gave Austin the case so I think it is considered their juristiction this time...key word being "I think"
I'm thinking this a federal offence,and that would cover all jurisdictions.
MOO
Def Fed but coordinated with local...once kidnapping came into play it became Federal...Feds came in and (left after H and baby were located) because remainder of crimes are inner-state and designated Austin from what I read...the other charges are State Crimes. That's the simple explanation...hopefully that helps.

I am assuming the suspect has been planning something for a while now. In addition to a wedding registry, I also found a baby registry on Amazon. Indicates her due date was the exact same as Heidi's. :(

Amazon: Baby Registry
Can you imagine having bought something from the registry for a fake baby?JMO

I agree with you. LE has asked families to give interviews with direction before in other cases. I think LE knew what was going on from the beginning...JMO

I’m thinking that too, but if that’s the case, why did it take so long to get Margo? Surely LE would’ve asked about HB’s friends by at least Sunday, and a few eyebrows would’ve been raised if someone said, “oh Heidi’s best friend is also pregnant with the same due date.”

Feds gave Austin the case so I think it is considered their juristiction this time...key word being "I think"

The FBI are only an assisting agency in all state cases. The only time they are the lead agency is if the crimes happened on federal land which is within their jurisdiction.

They do not have the legal power to take any case away from the state's the crimes occurred in. Sometimes the feds will also bring charges themselves if federal crimes were committed.

Heidi, and Margo's case is a state case, and will remain in this local jurisdiction.

Imo

Total speculation but it looks like she was going to have a "boy" from the items purchased.
Was she ever pregnant? The items do look like boy things. Having a baby registry for a fictional baby. Can you imagine buying a gift for this baby, helping feed her delusion. ( At no fault of thier own)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141