TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn’t dad automatically be given custody if dna results match? Bio parents who lived with the parent who died should not have to jump through hoops when they did nothing wrong.

Here's a purely hypothetical example of a family going through State's CPS process:

Assuming an unmarried couple and mom who was deemed the primary custodian of the children is deceased, and minor children placed in care of CPS pending relationship confirmation.

The bio-dad-- with children from a prior relationship-- previously had contact with CPS.

The bio-dad has criminal record.

The bio-dad did not pass background test to coach child's baseball team.

Circumstances above would automatically prevent placement of the minor child with parent according to State procedure. It's not so unusual and why so many grandparents are deemed best temporary guardians until the court determines permanent placement. Many bio-parents eventually awarded custody after submitting a parenting plan for their unexpected circumstances including moving in with their parents/child grandparents.

I was curious about that too. Two recent family member hospitalizations with a max of two people allowed with them at any time makes me curious about that too. South Austin St. David's makes the most sense for her address, and that's where I have the most recent experience. The rooms are tiny. Odd. When my nephew was born there, we could only go in one at a time even after the birth, because the dad was already in there.
I had people in and out during labor but her friend said "while she as pushing". Just found that curious.

@Seajay, you don't think that CPS has an obligation to make sure that SC has the ability/skills, willingness, temperment and financial means to take care of 2 children (including an infant)?

I'm trying to understand if you are advocating that custody of an infant be given to an individual with possibly no ability to take care of said child?
I know my post was confusing. Lol I started out arguing in favor of S.C. getting his child back because any other father, at any other time is not scrutinized by any agency for competency before they are allowed to take the baby home.

Then in went into my ex son in law and the audacity of someone like him being given custody of a turtle, let alone my granddaughter. LOL

So, I guess I can see both sides. My starting argument was the fact that new fathers around the world get their kids without scrutiny, yet because of something like this tragedy, SC has been scrutinized and he didn’t do anything wrong.

Sorry for the confusion. I’m indecisive these days, ever since chemotherapy altered my brain. As you witnessed, I debated with myself ^^^^^^^up there and I don’t know if I won or lost.

@Seajay, you don't think that CPS has an obligation to make sure that SC has the ability/skills, willingness, temperment and financial means to take care of 2 children (including an infant)?

I'm trying to understand if you are advocating that custody of an infant be given to an individual with possibly no ability to take care of said child?
We do not have to pass a test or get a license from the state to have children. If he does have a documented history of abusing or neglecting his children, that's one thing. If he doesn't, he needs to be treated exactly like every other parent who walks out of a hospital with a newborn and given his child.

SC's father did say SC was fully cooperative with LE, and SC said they needed to give LE everything and anything to help find HB, didn't matter that he was prime person of interest being HB's fiance, give LE everything and anything to help find her.

Not pointing at any particular post but I am uneasy with general trashing of CPS or saying they are being abusive. They have to follow prescribed legal steps because the child came into their custody through this bizarre awful crime. I see how it seems unfair that a family that wasn’t necessarily on CPS radar before now may face scrutiny. But the hard truth is that the baby did come into their custody and they have to be diligent in how they proceed. It may not be ideal but the alternative of no safeguards is worse.

That would open up a whole can of worms if he was, huh? Because then CPS would have to see if the DNA daddy, who is this other dude if fit to be her father and can take care of her. Criminal record, temper tantrums, CPS involvement with other children, abuse of any kind. FWIK
I think the child should be placed with the parent who is (presumably) named on her birth certificate. If another person wants to assert paternity, there are channels to do that through family court. This is not the time, and CPS shouldn't just take custody in such situations.

Here's a purely hypothetical example of a family going through State's CPS process:

Assuming an unmarried couple and mom who was deemed the primary custodian of the children is deceased, and minor children placed in care of CPS pending relationship confirmation.

The bio-dad-- with children from a prior relationship-- previously had contact with CPS.

The bio-dad has criminal record.

The bio-dad did not pass background test to coach child's baseball team.

Circumstances above would automatically prevent placement of the minor child with parent according to State procedure. It's not so unusual and why so many grandparents are deemed best temporary guardians until the court determines permanent placement. Many bio-parents eventually awarded custody after submitting a parenting plan for their unexpected circumstances including moving in with their parents/child grandparents.
And yet if the mother hadn’t been deceased, he could have tormented the child physically and mentally for decades or until Mom got wise and left him. How odd that seems to me. I think I’m fixated on that ATM. Sorry.

We do not have to pass a test or get a license from the state to have children. If he does have a documented history of abusing or neglecting his children, that's one thing. If he doesn't, he needs to be treated exactly like every other parent who walks out of a hospital with a newborn and given his child.
I believe the CPS criteria to be a bit more 'encompassing' than what you describe as only having 'a documented history of abusing or neglecting his children' as being a reason to disqualify someone from custody!

Its not as simple as being a bio-dad, unmarried male, and showing up and signing a statement that you have no history of abusing or neglecting children.

Get real!

Female Psychopaths/Sociopaths are a pretty rare. They are like the 1% of the 1% of the US population that may have an Anti Social Personality Disorder. A woman who most likely was a sociopath was Sante Kimes, who murdered a couple people with her son, Kenny Kimes.

I don't know Magen Fieramusca behavioral issues, I think she may have some mental health issues like depression or anxiety, given some of her traffic tickets were most likely from negligence, (some of them were pretty serious) plus her mannerisms in Traffic Court.

One has to have an Anti Personality Disorder to be a serial killer, but those with an Anti Social Personality Disorder doesn't mean they will kill, but they can have no empathy of others, (felines are sociopaths by nature, which doesn't mean your cat is a monster, they just can feel much empathy), for doing what they enjoy, like petty crimes. There is still not enough out there to get a firm judgment on Magen's Behavior. I don't even know if she strangled her best friend, Heidi, or she got someone else to murder Heidi.

Sociopaths also have a difficult time maintaining friendships and relationships, given they can't show empathy for others, which makes it difficult for long term relationships. They have no qualms in getting what they want if someone is standing in the way. However, there has to be a long pattern by Magen showing this behavior. More information will come out about Magen. Her friendships, her relationships, her mannerisms will be made public to get a better picture of her behavior throughout the years and why she is accused of this heinous crime of kidnapping and possibly murdering her best friend.
BBM

1% of 1% is 1 in 10,000. Estimated 2019 US population is 330 Million so that would mean approximately 33,000 US female psychopaths. Some are still kids and some are institutionalized but that leaves plenty still out on the street. I won’t be at all surprised to learn MF is one of them.

I think the child should be placed with the parent who is (presumably) named on her birth certificate. If another person wants to assert paternity, there are channels to do that through family court. This is not the time, and CPS shouldn't just take custody in such situations.

Have there been any reports of SC having an attorney for family court? If he doesn’t have one...he needs one. A good one willing to fight if necessary.moo

And yet if the mother hadn’t been deceased, he could have tormented the child physically and mentally for decades or until Mom got wise and left him. How odd that seems to me. I think I’m fixated on that ATM. Sorry.
Absolutely!

SC had a long and well documented relationship history over 10 years with HB and their 2 children. The couple had an on/off relationship for the duration of their relationship and had only most recently been living together since HB became pregnant. HB had primary childcare duties and responsibilities, set up the apt in Austin and worked long and hard hours to pay for food and shelter for her 2 children. This fact pattern has been well established in interviews with HB friends and her parents. HB was the primary caregiver to the children and has been for their entire lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho