Help with the Websleuths Frequently Asked Questions List

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing completed post.

Nope, no delete draft option available:(
I don't have a delete draft option either that I can see. I have no clue why this is set up this way. The only thing to do is type in the word "delete" and hit post. It's silly I know but that's the best advice I can give.

Also this is what I will put as an answer to the FAQ "Can we delete a draft".

Last edited:
I haven’t seen the Warning Points, Permanent Warning points and Time out system mentioned here yet as a FAQ to be answered. Since there have been a multitude of posts asking how it works on the Welcome threads, I think this system qualifies as a FAQ to be addressed, if not here, then ideally on a separate thread of it’s own.

Hi Everyone.

If you have time I would really appreciate you helping out with our FAQ.

You can post the questions and the answers to simple questions that you already know but a newbie would not. Or you can post questions that perhaps are not so simple and I'll see what we can do about finding the answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tricia

Bumping this up in case there are any other Q & A's. Just learning to navigate and this has been helpful.

You want to see me go from nice to growing fangs in my mouth and hair on my hands furious within a second show me someone who using Websleuths to actually harass you.

Tricia, you're an absolute classic. I've just had the biggest laugh.
rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif

I've asked admin about having someone stop following me and I was told to just accept it and they would not stop it from happening.

While you can't delete people who choose to follow you, the following may help.

Try hovering on your User Name on the orange box at the top of your screen.
Click People You Ignore. Enter their user name and click Select changes. You won't see their posts but if other members are quoting them, the quote will appear above the person replying. Just view the reply and ignore the quote.

From the same drop down box that appears under your User Name go to Settings and select Privacy. Make sure Show your online status and Show your current activity are not ticked.

In the top right hand side of the page, I can see the list of members and guests that are online, but I've noticed that there is a rather high number of robots on as well. At the moment, it is posting: Total: 792 (members: 187, guests: 483, robots: 122).

What are the robots, and should I be concerned?

In the top right hand side of the page, I can see the list of members and guests that are online, but I've noticed that there is a rather high number of robots on as well. At the moment, it is posting: Total: 792 (members: 187, guests: 483, robots: 122).

What are the robots, and should I be concerned?

Basically, robots are what search engines use to crawl (read) websites so the information on the pages of the websites show up when you search Google, Bing, Yahoo etc...

What are web search robots, and how do they affect me?

I'm not sure if this might be covered elsewhere. My Updates section (Box?) went away on the right hand side of my screen. This is on a desktop running Firefox, under Windows 7. The 'Section' listed the most recent updates to any/all forum postings. The 3 columns (from a poor memory) were, 'Updates', 'Recent Threads', and 'Recent Thread Updates.' Something like that. Did something get updated? Or perhaps this is a random issue? Any thoughts, or similar experiences?

I'm not sure if this might be covered elsewhere. My Updates section (Box?) went away on the right hand side of my screen. This is on a desktop running Firefox, under Windows 7. The 'Section' listed the most recent updates to any/all forum postings. The 3 columns (from a poor memory) were, 'Updates', 'Recent Threads', and 'Recent Thread Updates.' Something like that. Did something get updated? Or perhaps this is a random issue? Any thoughts, or similar experiences?

I noticed it was gone yesterday and it’s still not there today.

I am lost without this feature. I am praying hard that it comes back soon.

Unfortunately, it seems that it is not coming back until further notice (info from now locked Welcome to Websleuths thread). It saddens me greatly because that was the #1 function I used on this site. But maybe it is for the best that I just stop spending time here. Trying to somehow find the positive in it. It actually really depresses me to be honest. This site for the last 8 or 9 years has been a daily reprieve from life for me. I am really going to miss it. I will sporadically check in to see if it is brought back. Godspeed to all of you lovely people.

Unfortunately, it seems that it is not coming back until further notice (info from now locked Welcome to Websleuths thread). It saddens me greatly because that was the #1 function I used on this site. But maybe it is for the best that I just stop spending time here. Trying to somehow find the positive in it. It actually really depresses me to be honest. This site for the last 8 or 9 years has been a daily reprieve from life for me. I am really going to miss it. I will sporadically check in to see if it is brought back. Godspeed to all of you lovely people.

Doesn't the "new posts" button function essentially the same way?

I haven’t seen the Warning Points, Permanent Warning points and Time out system mentioned here yet as a FAQ to be answered. Since there have been a multitude of posts asking how it works on the Welcome threads, I think this system qualifies as a FAQ to be addressed, if not here, then ideally on a separate thread of it’s own.

100% agree. This has been repeatedly asked since the new software was installed, and we are still waiting for answers.
Please take the time to explain this crucial information to all the WS members. Looking forward to learning how all this works.

100% agree. This has been repeatedly asked since the new software was installed, and we are still waiting for answers.
Please take the time to explain this crucial information to all the WS members. Looking forward to learning how all this works.

Yes, as someone who has written mission statements, abstracts, précises, grants and FACs, I would be glad to help, as long as concerns of the consumer are addressed and answers clearly codified in the document. The one I see above is very important.

It was (sort of) explained in a thread in the parking lot. Link is https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/time-out-points-and-banning-explanations.391487/page-3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member