Here is my John Karr did it theory. whaddya think?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Juliet10 said:
Here is my theory.
I belive his inspiration for this crime began with the Polly Klaas case in 1993. There weren't that many high profile stories about men breaking in and kidnapping and killing little girls at that time. That is why they suspected the Klaas dad even though others girls were witnesses. The crime was unusual. Girls were kidnapped off the street, but not many high profile ones of this type. I believe he fantasized about kidnapping a little girl or at least breaking into a home in a brazen fashion. His wife said he began a disturbing fascination with the Klaas case. I believe he was fascinated with "the idea" of what Richard Allen Davis did. The crime he committed. Breaking into a home in a bold and brazen fashion and taking what he desired, with people right there in the home. I believe he thought, "what Davis did was so amazing, I could probably do that." Davis became a hero.

I believe he began an obsession with movies involving ransom/kidnapping plots and researching other kidnapping cases in order to live some of these fantasy ideas through without actually doing it.

I believe he was in there during the open house and came back at 5. He was in boulder for some reason, either for work, or friends/family. When he first saw jonbenet, she was perfect and he had to act. It was an opportunity he couldn't pass up. Maybe he really wanted to kidnap but couldn't (too risky so he decided against it? or he didn't have a home and vehicle to transport because he didn't live in colorado) and just wrote the ransom stuff to live out part of the fantasy. He had a lot of time to burn and it was a long wait. Maybe he just liked the idea of breaking in molesting and killing a girl, but he didn't have enough guts, like davis, to pull off the kidnapping part.

I belive he took a few things with him. Duct tape and possible a polaroid camera and possibly other things. I believe he took a cute and playful pictures of her posing in the basement. She posed for photographers many times in the past. I think Karr may have acted as photographer in the basement. She thought he was just some friend of santa or something. That is why they questioned Patsy if she ever took "cutsey photos" of her in the basement. He either left one behind on purpose or dropped it. I believe Karr may have emailed Tracy one of these pictures that is similar to the photo they have. This could be the secret information only the police have seen and know about. They tried to ask Patsy about it without really telling her about it.

I also believe they have the goods on this guy being in colorado too.

That is a very nice thought out story. However, the odds of this bozo doing this are astronomical. You guys are giving him to much credit.

I do not believe an intruder killed JBR, let alone this monstrosity.

In fact, the whole intruder theory by itself is almost laughable. This was practically the perfect crime. What are the odds of someone able to pull a crime like this off with very little evidence? Especially a bafoon like Karr. Not to mention make everything point to the ramseys. If someone was in the house as long as he supposedly was, how could there not be more evidence? I have never heard of any intruder breaking into a house, going to the girls room taking her, and killing her. All the while the parents are asleep upstairs. And as if all that was not enough the intruder then decides to go fart around with a ransom note. And not just write the stupid note, but practice writing it first. Oh lets not forget all the stuff that was in the house he had to find to tie her up. And all thats left is very little evidence. The chances of this happening are worse odds than the lottery. But wait it gets better there were no footprints leading to the basement window. Some speculate that there was frost that night, so there would not have been any prints. And that is true. But even if there was frost and the intruder entered through the basement window there should have been footprints in the basement because the shoes would have been wet. And there was not. But he could have wiped them up you say? Well again how can someone be so perfect?

Brutal Truth said:
I have never heard of any intruder breaking into a house, going to the girls room taking her, and killing her. All the while the parents are asleep upstairs.
You haven't every heard of an intruder breaking into a house and taking a little girl and killing her? How about, Danielle VanDam, Jessica Lunsford and Polly Klass? True they didn't write ramson notes, BUT they did break into the house while at least SOMEONE was home. And Polly was taken IN FRONT OF HER FRIENDS with her mother asleep in her bedroom.

ETA: Welcome to Websleuths. :)

If he came into the house after they left at 5:00 - how would he know when they would be back?

For all he would have known - they may have been leaving for days & days.

Then again - they might not have come home til 2:00am and he might have fallen asleep waiting for them - and then be stuck under that bed the entire next day if they didn't leave the house.

What was his plan if someone woke up and went to check on the kids, and there he was - stuck in the bathroom, washing Jonbenet and changing her clothes.

What if someone had come downstairs while he was feeding her the pineapple, and he had needed to run - leaving Jonbenet behind to describe him?

The whole idea of it is absurd, IMO.

MrsMush99 said:
You haven't every heard of an intruder breaking into a house and taking a little girl and killing her? How about, Danielle VanDam, Jessica Lunsford and Polly Klass? True they didn't write ramson notes, BUT they did break into the house while at least SOMEONE was home. And Polly was taken IN FRONT OF HER FRIENDS with her mother asleep in her bedroom.

But, they all took the child and left immediately.

They didn't hang around for hours & hours, eating with the child, changing her clothes, moving her all around the house.

wenchie said:
But, they all took the child and left immediately.

They didn't hang around for hours & hours, eating with the child, changing her clothes, moving her all around the house.
But the poster didn't say that. They said they never heard of an intruder breaking into a house and killing a child with the parents asleep in the house. I was just pointing out the other cases.

T Broodwater said:
I'm from New Jersey as well - 1/2 my life there and 1/2 my life in the south - and open house in Collingswood, NJ - means the whole neighborhood is invited - and there were often people that didn't know each other.

Georgia - well life is an open house in GA - there are no strangers in the south (the south that's in the east)!

I think it a great theory Juliet. Well thought and it makes sense. As long as you keep an open mind.
Hello neighbor! I live about 15 minutes from Collingswood

MrsMush99 said:

Of course I have, but none of them stayed around to play house with their victims. No intruder would ever hang around to pull all this off.

MrsMush99 said:
But the poster didn't say that. They said they never heard of an intruder breaking into a house and killing a child with the parents asleep in the house. I was just pointing out the other cases.

Perhaps I wasnt clear enough. I said I have never heard of a suppose intruder do what supposedly been done here.

And to my knowledge those cases the kids werent killed in the housewith parents asleep.

Brutal Truth said:
Of course I have, but none of them stayed around to play house with their victims. No intruder would ever hang around to pull all this off.
AND stick around long enough to write a 3 page ransom note after she was dead

Brutal Truth said:
There's always a first time for everything. Maybe they felt safe down in the basement, who knows? No one knows, except JonBenet, the killer and God. I just find it hard to believe that a mother would kill her child over bedwetting! To me that idea is absurd. I would like a more substantial motive then that before I'll move over to the RDI side.

Linda7NJ said:
AND stick around long enough to write a 3 page ransom note after she was dead
Do we know for sure this note was written AFTER she died? If the intruder was in the house while the Ramsey's were at the White's isn't even remotely possible that the killer wrote this note BEFORE he took JonBenet out of her bed?

Another thing:

Lou Smit shows us how he can fit through the basement window, and then he shows us a disturbed dust ruffle and wants us to believe that this means someone was hiding under there.

But - that bed looks kind of low to the floor to me.

Why didn't Smit crawl under that bed and show us where he things the "intruder" hid?

I contend that it's because there probably wasn't enough room for anyone to fit under that bed.

right you are,brutaltruth--ransom note is the "killer"--implicates Ramseys all the way

MrsMush99 said:
There's always a first time for everything. Maybe they felt safe down in the basement, who knows? No one knows, except JonBenet, the killer and God. I just find it hard to believe that a mother would kill her child over bedwetting! To me that idea is absurd. I would like a more substantial motive then that before I'll move over to the RDI side.

Come on. History does not change in this case. It was not the first time for anything.

Its also hard to believe that some mother could drowned her kids in a tub to. But theres wackos everywhere.

And Im not saying PR did for certain. But I am saying at the very least they covered everything for someone.

MrsMush99 said:

He said that he hid under the bed.

How did he know that someone wouldn't come into that room and go to sleep on that bed, and then wake up when he tried to crawl out?

wenchie said:
He said that he hid under the bed.

How did he know that someone wouldn't come into that room and go to sleep on that bed, and then wake up when he tried to crawl out?
We really don't know what he said. This is what other people are saying he said. I think we should all just sit back and wait and see if the DA has something. Personally, I think he's a kook. But that does not automatically make me think the Ramsey's did it. I'm still waiting to be convinced of that, and so far nothing I have read on here or other sites have done that.

Well I would like to know what you have read that makes youy think an intruder did it. Because everything I have studied blatantly points to the ramseys.

And add to that, that the ramsey seem to develop lockjaw about any pertinent questions about the case.

Let me tell you any loving parent would have had their butts downtown cooperating with police no matter how long it took to make sure you prove your innocense and to move on and try to catch the real killer.

But no they felt the OJ approach, that everyone was out to get them was the best way.

there are actually even more brazen cases than the polly Klaas,,lunsford,smart crimes---There wasa guy in Virginia who snuck into homes,and murdered young women in the evening in their own rooms while other people were in the house!--he did this four different times!--horrible--but alas no ransom notes not a one---btw,this monster was executed in record time in virginia,took only 2 or three years,they put him on the "fast track" to his doom--he never uttered a word on why he did the crimes

Brutal Truth said:
Well I would like to know what you have read that makes youy think an intruder did it. Because everything I have studied blatantly points to the ramseys.

And add to that, that the ramsey seem to develop lockjaw about any pertinent questions about the case.

Let me tell you any loving parent would have had their butts downtown cooperating with police no matter how long it took to make sure you prove your innocense and to move on and try to catch the real killer.

But no they felt the OJ approach, that everyone was out to get them was the best way.
You entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenWiltshire
Back