HI HI - Bernstein Family - Abigail 33, Koa Kai 11, Kush Kohole 8, lft for 1-yr boat trip w/man met online, didn't ret w/boat, sailed Honolulu, Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBBM
Merrill described Abigail Bernstein as someone who “lived a nomadic lifestyle,” “lived off the grid,” cut ties with her family and terminated her last known cellphone service in November 2022, a month after getting on the boat, and whose sons did not attend school.

Did she actively terminate her cell service, or was it terminated because she had a plan that she needed to replenish monthly and could not do so?

ETA note: was editing my opinion for awhile
She was a prolific poster. She seemed to love sharing her adventures and journey, for that to simple stop, is very concerning.

Would love a comment from the kids father. For him, this has been going on for almost 2 years

Came across this case today. Usually I find more answers in the forums, but jeez does this whole situation stink. The whole thing, top to bottom, raises so many questions.
Where were her parents? Where was her kid’s father? Why was she in Hawaii? Why did she bring the kids? Was the captain the same person who she met online? What is this year-long boat journey that keeps being discussed? How long into this voyage did they become sick? Is this vessel (from post #32) the one that they “transferred” to? Is this all just a miscommunication? Has something gone awry?

I’m hoping that this will all be solved neatly, but I don’t think that’s likely to happen. There seem to be a lot holes in this story. I hope those two kids are okay.

That article does suggest the captain was *probably* the man Abigail had been planning to travel with.

But it hadn't been posted yet when @ifindedout and myself were wondering if the captain and the man Abigail was meeting were the same person. You questioned why there was talk of a fourth person, and it was simply because the details still seemed to be unclear at that point.
Got it, IMO it’s not unclear. That wasn’t an article, it was an alert from the US Coast Guard. But I see your point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back