HI HI - Bernstein Family - Abigail 33, Koa Kai 11, Kush Kohole 8, lft for 1-yr boat trip w/man met online, didn't ret w/boat, sailed Honolulu, Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the boat returned to Hawaii, what did the man say? Odd detail to leave out.

Who reported her missing? Is there a Dad to the boys in the picture? Could this be a custody issue?

I did find several court records for her name here - http://jimspss1.courts.state.hi.us:8080/eCourt/
If her middle name is Charity, this is the correct Abigail. There are two DV cases, if you seach that person's name on FB. There is a post saying he can't live without his boys. Coincidence? Maybe ...

Honolulu Star-Advertiser ·​

Abigail Charity Bernstein and her two young sons reportedly boarded a boat with its captain in October 2022 at the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor and have never been seen or heard from since, the FBI says.​

More: https://808ne.ws/3VXOdEx

Party NameCaseCase TypeFiling DateNext EventParty TypeParty ID
???fastrewind??????previous??????next??????fastforward???
7 case(s) found, displaying 7 case(s), from 1 to 7. Page 1 / 1
BERNSTEIN, ABIGAIL C2DA191000536 - ABIGAIL C BERNSTEIN VS VANDER D NELSONDomestic Abuse29-OCT-2019Petitioner@5790209
Bernstein , Abigail C2DCC-18-0000206 - State v. Abigail C BernsteinCriminal Citation05-MAR-2018Defendant@2112726
BERNSTEIN, ABIGAIL CHARITY2DA171000270 - ABIGAIL CHARITY BERNSTEIN VS VANDER D NELSONDomestic Abuse22-MAY-2017Petitioner@5789764
Bernstein , Abigail C2DTC-17-002234 - State v. Abigail C BernsteinTraffic Crime21-FEB-2017Defendant@2112726
Bernstein , Abigail C2DTI-15-000966 - State v. Abigail C BernsteinTraffic Infraction04-MAR-2015Defendant@2112726
Bernstein , Abigail C2DTC-15-000724 - State v. Abigail C BernsteinTraffic Crime04-MAR-2015Defendant@2112726
BERNSTEIN, ABIGAIL2DA121000323 - ABIGAIL BERNSTEIN VS DENNIS TEPUDomestic Abuse21-JUN-2012Petitioner@5778433

thats what i thought too when i saw she named her kid Kush. or is there another meaning behind that name (in hawaiian maybe??) that isnt drug associated?
I asked a native and she said not that she knows of, my research does show it is a Sanskrit name, meaning sacred grass....I guess that's where the term came from. Looking at the e's FB it seems like he too, has cut ties with most of his family, too.

ETA: According to what I read, Kush and Luv were the sons of a Sanskrit god, and she uses various forms of the spelling of love for her own name.

During COVID, two young men were lured to HI. They got on a boat and didn't return, supposedly jumping ship near Wallis and Futuna. The captain's story was a little odd. They have a thread here. The name of the captain in this family's case isn't mentioned, but I do admit I wondered if they were connected.

Her Instagram is @avigayil.bernstein, last post was on october 9, 2022. I saw her Facebook too and seems like she has been living a bit of an alternative lifestyle since her oldest son was born. How was she supporting herself and the children?

Her Instagram stories are beautiful. Thanks for finding/sharing that. I didn't watch all of them; while I never saw the captain, I did hear him laugh once. And clearly someone was taking the videos of her and the boys in the water.

There is a good chance she wanted to disappear from her ex, but it can't be ignored there is also a good chance she/they were killed. My worst fear is she was killed and the boys were sold. My mind is a sad place, I know. Sorry. :(

Her Instagram stories are beautiful. Thanks for finding/sharing that. I didn't watch all of them; while I never saw the captain, I did hear him laugh once. And clearly someone was taking the videos of her and the boys in the water.

There is a good chance she wanted to disappear from her ex, but it can't be ignored there is also a good chance she/they were killed. My worst fear is she was killed and the boys were sold. My mind is a sad place, I know. Sorry. :(
I don't think the boat seen on her Instagram is the same she took with her kids when she disappeared. I think it's really weird how the captain of the ship she disappeared from with the kids claims they left because they were seasick when all of those videos of Abigail and the boys on board of a boat are so very public.

US Coast Guard Looking for Missing Sailboat, the 55-ft Sloop ‘Ishi’​

March 17, 2023 | Pacific | 1

Latitude 38 received a request from the US Coast Guard in Hawaii in search of a boat in the Pacific. The information below is provided by Search and Rescue Duty Officer Michael Cobb.​

“The Joint Rescue Coordination Center Honolulu is attempting to locate the 55FT S/V Ishi (HA-5665-G), possibly with four people on board, currently unreported in the Pacific. The background information we have is that on 03 October 2022 the S/V departed the Ala Wai on Oahu possibly to sail to Maui then to the Pacific Northwest. We have conducted extensive checks in the Main Hawaiian Islands and have not located the vessel. They departed with four people on board, the master Donald Lang, one adult Female and her two children.”​

I don't think the boat seen on her Instagram is the same she took with her kids when she disappeared. I think it's really weird how the captain of the ship she disappeared from with the kids claims they left because they were seasick when all of those videos of Abigail and the boys on board of a boat are so very public.
I agree that story is super hinky. But to be fair, sailing around a calm bay for an afternoon is far different than being out on the open sea 24/7.

Being on boats where you can see the horizon and being on a boat out at sea are totally different experiences

There were four people on board the boat- the captain, Abigail and her two boys. Am I missing something? Why are posters asking about a 4th person?

Because it was said Abigail was travelling with someone she had met online. It's not entirely clear if that person is the captain of the boat, or a fourth person who is also missing.

RSBBM
Merrill described Abigail Bernstein as someone who “lived a nomadic lifestyle,” “lived off the grid,” cut ties with her family and terminated her last known cellphone service in November 2022, a month after getting on the boat, and whose sons did not attend school.

Did she actively terminate her cell service, or was it terminated through inactivity because she had a month-to-month plan?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NopeNopeNope
Back