GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped) JMHO if he was this talented as an artist we should see other posted examples of his work on his page.

This got me thinking, so I looked back at his FB account for artwork. It hadn't struck me as important originally, but he has a huge album of artwork (100+ photos). I'm not sure if any of them are his own artwork or not, but I looked through them all. This one immediately caught me eye:
https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-0/72897_229059890564106_1871877536_n.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:jawdrop:

As MamaJoJo said on the previous page, how much do we believe in coincidences?

This got me thinking, so I looked back at his FB account for artwork. It hadn't struck me as important originally, but he has a huge album of artwork (100+ photos). I'm not sure if any of them are his own artwork or not, but I looked through them all. This one immediately caught me eye:
https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-0/72897_229059890564106_1871877536_n.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just weighing in here...the skull was added to his instagram about 6 weeks ago (it has said that for a number of days now) and the arrest for "terrorizing the family member" was on June 16. That means it could have been put there just before that arrest, about when he made that threatening message or a date soon after his release, right?

Also, the skull is anatomically incorrect and rather clumsily executed--especially note the extra teeth and the nasal bones. It seems unlikely to me that the same artist could have rendered so beautifully the figures that i also see--unless, as was pointed out, they utilize photos--possible--or we're doing the cloud-gazing thing. I agree that It could be for a tattoo--and it does look like the islands, I'll give you that.

The thing is...the skull painting was posted at all. Huge. Gigantic. What possesses anyone to do that? Any pathology experts with an explanation?

Honestly I don't think the painting has a lot to do with anything really

Whether or not Steven Capobianco painted this picture or that picture, I think that, at the very least, all of this artwork that he's uploaded to social media gives us a picture of a person who has an obsession with death, darkness, & violence, which is itself extremely telling.

Whether or not Steven Capobianco painted this picture or that picture, I think that, at the very least, all of this artwork that he's uploaded to social media gives us a picture of a person who has an obsession with death, darkness, & violence, which is itself extremely telling.

No I disagree and have to speak up for the arts. The type of art that people like varies greatly and doesn't mean they will become a murderer.
It is like blaming the type of music someone listens to.

Just weighing in here...the skull was added to his instagram about 6 weeks ago (it has said that for a number of days now) and the arrest for "terrorizing the family member" was on June 16. That means it could have been put there just before that arrest, about when he made that threatening message or a date soon after his release, right?

Perhaps the skull was the threat.

Good thinking Mamamerced! Maybe that was the snap chat pic he sent?? FYI, Snap chat sends a pic or video for a few seconds then disappears.
There's got to be someone that comes on here that can verify if he had any art experience.

No I disagree and have to speak up for the arts. The type of art that people like varies greatly and doesn't mean they will become a murderer.

I think it's significant when the person in question has been arrested for murder.

Perhaps the skull was the threat.

Perhaps it was ... Why only now, weeks later, is it the topic of the discussions here?
Does anyone know whether it was the threat which was sent to the family member?

Timing...Charlie and Baby Joshua disappeared and were murdered, by someone unproved but clearly implicated and intimately involved with every aspect of their lives, the initial disappearance and the murder. What he displayed prior is of interest because it can tell us something about who this guy is. What was posted AFTER has profound significance because it is this guy knowing that he is communicating to a world that is now watching.

Not about art. All the same, it ain't Rembrandt. (added to clarify: less a comment on the quality of the work than about the difference between that which is edifyingly good and true and beautiful and that which is nihilistic or embracing evil. The two are worlds apart and produce very different effects. Beware of trivializing this. Images, like ideas, have consequences)

Moo

Perhaps it was ... Why only now, weeks later, is it the topic of the discussions here?
Does anyone know whether it was the threat which was sent to the family member?

I think it's because we're just speculating. Someone noticed the skull on SC's Instagram and posted it on WS which initiated this current discussion.

MOXIE MCTAVISH

Clear some of your private messages so new ones can get through.

I agree.......if it was an intact lower jaw there most likely would have been "teeth". I've only read a "tooth" was found along with the bone. If SC was working hurriedly or in the dark, a bone fragment could be easily overlooked or caught in the gathered clothing. MOO

Sorry it's been so long, but they identified her jawbone by dental records. So it would be mighty hard to do dental records on just fragment. I think that it was her entire jaw bone

He posted the skull pic 06-13-2014.
He posted pic with a puppy and Mitsubishi Eclipse for sale pic 6-15-2014.
He was arrested morning -6-16-2014.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25792262/ex-boyfriend-of-missing-maui-woman-arrested-for-allegedly-threatening-her-family

Sound like he made the threats -6-15-2014
Her family have gone quiet since he pleaded not guilty month later. Don't know they knew about jaw until it was in AP news. They got him where they want him and maybe confident in evidence they know about.

I don't think he painted the skull. My guess opinion is he found it and posted to taunt. He wants credit for getting away with murder. He was going nuts not being arrested.

Guess he really only get away if jury find him not guilty so maybe he wanted trial.

all MOO

MOXIE MCTAVISH

Clear some of your private messages so new ones can get through.

lol! Sorry, MamaMerced, this deletion stuff is really new to me - I've never been a member of a forum where i can only have 5 messages saved at one time. Should be fine now though. ;-)

Sorry it's been so long, but they identified her jawbone by dental records. So it would be mighty hard to do dental records on just fragment. I think that it was her entire jaw bone

If it was her entire jaw then...as grisly as it sounds, I'm now thinking "axe."
Perhaps that was why Steven Capobianco specifically pointed out in his interview that he had "extra light tools" with him that night: to throw people off the fact that he'd actually had with him one of the heaviest of hand-tools, an axe.
And maybe that why all that stuff about him being charge w killing her in an exceptionally depraved & cruel way: maybe he dismembered her. Ugh...so sad to think about. :-((
Just speculating...

Whether he painted it, cropped photos into it or had nothing to do with it, I believe the painting has significance. I do not believe in coincidences.

SNIPPED
If it was her entire jaw then...as grisly as it sounds, I'm now thinking "axe."
Perhaps that was why Steven Capobianco specifically pointed out in his interview that he had "extra light tools" with him that night: to throw people off the fact that he'd actually had with him one of the heaviest of hand-tools, an axe.
And maybe that why all that stuff about him being charge w killing her in an exceptionally depraved & cruel way: maybe he dismembered her. Ugh...so sad to think about. :-((
Just speculating...
Ahhhhh we have the same train of thought! I have always thought there was something to his "extra light tools" statement and this would make perfect sense why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member