GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they found skin but the jawbone was completely defleshed. the peircing was not defleshed.
how do pig hunters deflesh?

they found skin but the jawbone was completely defleshed. the peircing was not defleshed.
how do pig hunters deflesh?

Yes, how do they, and why do they save and mount defleshed
jawbones?

If he cut off identifiable parts that were found now as evidence (hair jawbone peircing fingertips)
and dragged/pushed body off cliff
Why?
Yes, I was asking the same earlier. Also the identifiable parts were left near the clothing she was last seen wearing, which was easy for searchers to see. Why all that together? If he thought it was safe to leave because so remote, then the body is just as safe, so why risk it to take the body in a vehicle to the highway and do that where even at night, a car could come by?

I think SC told that story to #1 make Charli look bad. It's called disparaging the victim.
I wonder if he told it to #2 mislead them about whether she was at grandfather's property that night.
If it happened like he said and there was bad blood, it doesn't mean she wasn't allow there anymore or that grandfather would know she was there that night.

That's an excellent point, RDS, and I should know better than to take anything that comes out of SC's mouth as fact. We will see what the grandfather has to say.

I'm watching the part about the guardrail again (Pt 3, found it), and he keeps saying MM18. I look up MM18 and I get that Uncle Harry's is near it and on a Mile by Mile of Hana Highway, MM 18 is past Keanae and the road is way inland at that point, not on a cliff. I'm totally confused. This is the interactive mile marker website:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1_TMofxo5IXQhscHhnLc5QBOtOmg&hl=en_US
Is it wrong? Google maps isn't showing me the mile markers. There are cliffs closer to the murder site, more like MM 14? Need help from you Hana Highway experts. Please. :)

Finally caught up! Whew...

So this trial will continue on Tuesday, July 5th??

Want to THANK YOU for all the reporting from the courtroom and from people watching the live stream! Very much appreciated!

:wave:

That's an excellent point, RDS, and I should know better than to take anything that comes out of SC's mouth as fact. We will see what the grandfather has to say.
Yes, I am anxious for the grandfather to testify. I am wondering if he will lie under oath for his blood or not. I don't see how Steven could leave Haiku at 8:30, which we know independently is about the right time if they left right away, do all that he did plus the drive, and get back at 11, which he says grandfather will confirm. Stephen's time frame includes only the drive and maybe 15 minutes of car repair. How long does the drive really take?

Capobianco has history of hurting Charli, according to Capobianco.
Pushed her onto the bed too hard.
Hooked up with her little sister.

Capobianco consistently made it known he doesn't want kids yet got Charli pregnant twice.

Capobianco torched a car at Jaws before.

Capobianco believes in revenge.
2013 slash the tires, steal the jewelry and laptop.
Nov 2014 Taylor with someone else so SC hooks up with Charli.
Yes, but the jury can't hear about prior crimes, or the former arson, and the other stuff is just sex and being not that mature. I think he said Fiona hookup he was about 20 or so? I guess it depends on how the jury looks at this behavior.

I know that there is nothing in his story (apart from the murder) that I didn't see when I was that age. People in a small dating pool going from one friend or sister or brother to another. Girls getting pregnant, girls having abortions or giving up babies for adoption, a girl having a fight with a stepfather, guys dealing with offspring they never planned for. Ex's making decisions without consulting ex's. Infatuations, being in love, distancing old girlfriends. Honestly, I've seen all this repeatedly, and not once did it lead to murder and dismemberment.

I did have the horror where two of my friends were murdered, and acquaintances I can remember. One was a girl burned alive with her baby, nightmare stuff. However, the murders of friends I knew were committed by drug dealers, over drug deals, for money, after the friends got in with bad people. The acquaintances met their fate in Mexico.

Is it that much more common now to "fix" relationship problems by stabbing someone 40-50 times and chopping her up, having planned it for weeks? I do think he is guilty without doubt, after two years of thinking about the crime and all the details, but the jury? I feel like Rivera needs to convince them of why Steven the pot-smoking vegetarian baker at the health food store went from not too happy about becoming a father to heinous cold-blooded (yet overkill with the stabbing) killer of his ex and his child. He's got to show people the monster that lies beneath, if he can.

Regarding SC's reaction/acting (hand over mouth, closing of eyes briefly, head shaking) when the evidence photos were shown on the TV screen, could SC see those photos from where he was seated?
Loio, Nikki?

I think the evil comes from a dream..a hope to manifest his destiny with Cassie. I believe he had the wrong dream. Overwhelmed by his infatuation. This is his destiny. His nightmare has a hold of him and he cant wake up.
This is a compelling story. Does Rivera have the material (that is admissible) to get it told? Steven won't testify. Will Cassie admit to anything along the lines of being adamant about no baby, if in fact she was? Will she have any bomb to drop about him hinting at getting rid of the obstacle? Any of their friends who might know? I hope Adam G has something good on Steven.

Yes, but the jury can't hear about prior crimes, or the former arson, and the other stuff is just sex and being not that mature. I think he said Fiona hookup he was about 20 or so? I guess it depends on how the jury looks at this behavior.

I know that there is nothing in his story (apart from the murder) that I didn't see when I was that age. People in a small dating pool going from one friend or sister or brother to another. Girls getting pregnant, girls having abortions or giving up babies for adoption, a girl having a fight with a stepfather, guys dealing with offspring they never planned for. Ex's making decisions without consulting ex's. Infatuations, being in love, distancing old girlfriends. Honestly, I've seen all this repeatedly, and not once did it lead to murder and dismemberment.

I did have two of my friends murdered, and more acquaintances. One was a girl burned alive with her baby, nightmare stuff. However, the murders of friends I knew were committed by drug dealers, over drug deals, for money, after the friends got in with bad people.

Is it that much more common now to "fix" relationship problems by stabbing someone 40-50 times and chopping her up, having planned it for weeks? I do think he is guilty without doubt, after two years of thinking about the crime and all the details, but the jury? I feel like Rivera needs to convince them of why Steven the pot-smoking vegetarian baker at the health food store went from not too happy about becoming a father to heinous cold-blooded (yet overkill with the stabbing) killer of his ex and his child. He's got to show people the monster that lies beneath, if he can.

I believe lawyers and/or their staff read WS to glean information about their cases. If Rivera hadn't already planned this as part of his strategy, let's hope he takes note here.

Interesting idea, mama :) So I don't mean to say there are not many murders done by spouses, lovers, family, the closest relationships creating the most pressure. But it is easier to present a crime of passion: like Loo said, things get heated and "out of hand." The details of this crime are more in line with something a psychopath would do, IMHO. So how to present Steven as one? The lack of emotion in interview, that helps. As for telling lies in his alibi, I think Apo is going to try to overcome that by embracing it. People lie to the police all the time, it's not uncommon.

PS. Could a reader tell Mr. Rivera (and Loo) that it's rappelling down a cliff, not repelling? lol

I'm watching the part about the guardrail again (Pt 3, found it), and he keeps saying MM18. I look up MM18 and I get that Uncle Harry's is near it and on a Mile by Mile of Hana Highway, MM 18 is past Keanae and the road is way inland at that point, not on a cliff. I'm totally confused. This is the interactive mile marker website:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1_TMofxo5IXQhscHhnLc5QBOtOmg&hl=en_US
Is it wrong? Google maps isn't showing me the mile markers. There are cliffs closer to the murder site, more like MM 14? Need help from you Hana Highway experts. Please. :)

Without referencing the dialog which you quote...I can tell you Uncle Harry's is at the bottom side road to Wailua village and it is a 4 mile climb to the top (Pua'a Ka'a) towards Hana before it starts heading down to Nahiku. Towards the top is where I saw the family initially put an orange cone marking where SC said his car was or she was last seen. The Heading back towards Haiku up in and and around past Keanae, Paraquats and Hanamanu and a steep climb is Kaumahina wayside.

So...I have completely disregarded SC's words and am only paying attention to Loo's

Without referencing the dialog which you quote...I can tell you Uncle Harry's is at the bottom side road to Wailua village and it is a 4 mile climb to the top (Pua'a Ka'a) towards Hana before it starts heading down to Nahiku. Towards the top is where I saw the family initially put an orange cone marking where SC said his car was or she was last seen. The Heading back towards Haiku up in and and around past Keanae, Paraquats and Hanamanu and a steep climb is Kaumahina wayside.

So...I have completely disregarded SC's words and am only paying attention to Loo's
Thanks, PT, appreciate hearing about the ups and downs. I'm actually not referencing SC's story or the mythical "truck stuck" spot. I'm asking about the spot where Loo's attention was drawn to drag marks that went under the guardrail, and he says repeatedly it is MM 18, and there is a cliff that is "hundreds of feet" drop. But there are maps that show MM18 with no cliff anywhere near it. The link I posted is one, which has Google Maps with an overlay of mile markers, where you can see MM18 with a big number, and you'd see what I mean. No cliff. Maybe the person who did the map is wrong, or Loo is.

Thanks, PT, appreciate hearing about the ups and downs. I'm actually not referencing SC's story or the mythical "truck stuck" spot. I'm asking about the spot where Loo's attention was drawn to drag marks that went under the guardrail, and he says repeatedly it is MM 18, and there is a cliff that is "hundreds of feet" drop. But there are maps that show MM18 with no cliff anywhere near it. The link I posted is one, which has Google Maps with an overlay of mile markers, where you can see MM18 with a big number, and you'd see what I mean. No cliff. Maybe the person who did the map is wrong, or Loo is.

"Wailua Valley State Wayside is located a little over half a mile past Mile Marker #18 along the Road to Hana.".. ..so the MM is close to Uncle Harry's..close to Sea level.

Could you reference the time on the YouTube so I can see what you are talking about?

[video=youtube;ZwXa1owy58o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwXa1owy58o[/video]
Interesting idea, mama :) So I don't mean to say there are not many murders done by spouses, lovers, family, the closest relationships creating the most pressure. But it is easier to present a crime of passion: like Loo said, things get heated and "out of hand." The details of this crime are more in line with something a psychopath would do, IMHO. So how to present Steven as one? The lack of emotion in interview, that helps. As for telling lies in his alibi, I think Apo is going to try to overcome that by embracing it. People lie to the police all the time, it's not uncommon.

PS. Could a reader tell Mr. Rivera (and Loo) that it's rappelling down a cliff, not repelling? lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZwXa1owy58o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ref Court Chatter Trial day 1, Part 2 36:07
Rivera: Did the defendant pose any question to you that caused you to take notice?
Ginseng Mileur: Yeah, it was a fairly unusual question he asked me at work one day.
Rivera: And what question is that?
GM: He asked me what would be the best way to get away with a murder.
Rivera: When he asked you what would be the best way to get away with a murder, where did he ask you this?
GM: In the bakery at Mana Foods.
Rivera: Was anyone else there at the time?
GM: Dave Rasmussen, the manager, was there and I believe Mikaela was there as well. I don&#8217;t know Mikaela&#8217;s last name.
Rivera: Do you recall where he was physically when he asked you that question?
GM: He was more or less at the opposite side of the bakery from me. He had to raise his voice in order for me to hear the question.
RIvera: Now do you know if the others that were there heard there in the bakery heard it as well?
GM: Yeah, definitely.
Rivera: And how do you know they heard it?
GM: Because they told me so and we discussed it. They were between me and him at the time and they would have heard it clearer than I would have.
Rivera: How is it that you know that he was addressing the question to you?
GM: He addressed me first, &#8220;Hey, Ginseng, how would you do this?&#8221;
Rivera: When you first heard that question, what was your impression?
GM: It struck me as a joke.
Rivera: Had the defendant ever asked you a question that morbid or violent before?
GM: No, definitely not, not at all.
Rivera: He&#8217;d asked you questions before though, right?
GM: Sure.
Rivera: But nothing like that?
GM: No.
Rivera: Did you respond to that question?
GM: Yes.
Rivera: And do you recall what your response was?
GM: Uh, I kind of laughed at it a little. Like I said, I thought it was a joke. And then I told him that most murderers are caught because they kill people who they have close connections to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties