GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to court. Late but I just need to peek. Some of the jurors were told to return this Friday, June 3, 2016. No court on Thursday or at all next week. Nardi may be in court this week for other cases.

So jurors are selected? When is the trial scheduled to start?

Not selected. This is yet another group of prospective jurors. Because the case received international attention, they are really fine tuning their pool.

*VOIR DIRE is a really slow and tedious process. I'm not sure what's on the docket for tomorrow but I'll come look. I'll be back on Friday when the final twelve have reported for duty.

*no italic option in mobile mode

*VOIR DIRE is a really slow and tedious process. I'm not sure what's on the docket for tomorrow but I'll come look. I'll be back on Friday when the final twelve have reported for duty.

*no italic option in mobile mode

Thank you so much.

Not selected. This is yet another group of prospective jurors. Because the case received international attention, they are really fine tuning their pool.

Hopefully they will seat at least 3 alternates.

Couldn't be at the courthouse today. Sorry guys. Again, no court tomorrow. I have cleared my schedule so I can be there Friday.

From what I saw of the prospective jurors, it was largely an aging, Asian population which is to be expected in Hawaii. There were a dozen or so young adults, at least 4 pregnant. Of the ones I saw as a whole, at least 1/3 of the prospective jurors were working professionals that were willing to serve. As far as I can tell from those that I spoke with after they were dismissed is that the Hana and a few Molokai residents were not able to serve. Mind you, I'm shooting the breeze with some of them in the elevator, not questioning individuals, Diane Sawyer-like.

How nice it would be to have several pregnant women on the jury.

Feeling foolish. The case isn't even on the docket today. Perhaps they need a week to pick the jurors. I don't know. Apo is on the docket for several other cases today.

I knew I wasn't crazy, jurors were asked to return today but...

Found this online at http://hoohiki.courts.hawaii.gov/#/criminal_case?caseId=2PC161000133

"COURT REPORTER: MELISSA NOBLE COURT CLERK: S. HALL 9:44 A.M. CASE CALLED PRESENT: ROBERT RIVERA/DPA; TRACY JONES/DPA JON APO, ESQ. / MATT NARDI, ESQ. STEVEN CAPOBIANCO/DEFENDANT/IN CUSTODY 9:49 A.M.: PROSPECTIVE JURORS PRESENT. 9:50 A.M.: ROLL CALL OF PROSPECTIVE JURORS. 9:57 A.M.: NO CHALLENGE TO THE ARRAY. 9:58 A.M.: VOIR DIRE OATH ADMINISTERED TO PROSPECTIVE JURORS. 10:00 A.M.: COURT QUESTIONED PROSPECTIVE JURORS. COURT ADVISED PROSPECTIVE JURORS ABOUT PRINCIPLES OF LAW AND DELIVERED CAUTIONARY INSTRUCTIONS. 11:19 A.M.-3:12 P.M.: INDIVIDUAL VOIR DIRE IN JURY ROOM. COURT REPORTER: CAMMIE GILLETT COURT SET EVIDENTIARY HEARING: 6/17/16 AT 9:30 A.M. PROSPECTIVE JURORS WHO WERE ORDERED TO RETURN ON 6/3/16 WILL BE CONTACTED AND ORDERED TO RETURN ON 6/20/16 AT 9:00 A.M. 3:20 P.M.: ADJOURNED"

Pua has been doing her damnedest to get us to utilize that site. It is a treasure trove of information. Thanks Pua.

LOL, well not having your proximity to the real deal, I have to make do with online breadcrumbs.
thank you, love your reporting style.

Jury finalists don't return until June 20?

this is rough on the family with so many key members needing to travel to attend the trial ... Imagine if they have already arrived and now nothing can really happen for almost three weeks sounds like.

That's how it goes and it sucks. We had to travel to D.C., sometimes at a moment notice. And unless you have a good victims advocate you're on your own.

As if a murdered loved one isn't horrible enough, you get jerked around by the court system. I feel for you HGO!

It's not lost on me that Joshua would have turned 2 years old this month. The trial reconvenes right around his due date and the prosecution needs to drive that point home.

It's not lost on me that Joshua would have turned 2 years old this month. The trial reconvenes right around his due date and the prosecution needs to drive that point home.

Well that woke me up....very poignant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member