GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also assumed that Charlie stopping home was to change after the art function to go to the Kimberly's house and watch a movie. Not after.

I also assumed that wherever the doors were found was not at the step grandfathers property.

I like the theory about zip tying her hands. I hate the idea of it, but it makes sense. Not too sure how they work with silencing her. At least the ones we have don't seem long enough to go around a head. Regardless, gagging is possible.

Inhave resisted the idea of a sedative in a beverage, because how could he count on her accepting it? Pregnant women have different habits, things not allowed, can't mix things too much due to heartburn, no alcohol, etc..

On board with the idea that Nala was not driven to Nahiku. Very good catches how he brought up Nala running behind truck on purpose. The guy had a little story for everything he expected to happen. He did not have a ready answer for Nala being found so far away, other than a lame mention of Charli being friends with a couple who lived on Lower Nahiku. So I think Nala was a wild card for him.

Very telling that he flat out answered "no" when she asks if it made sense that Nala showed up at the marketplace.
He had nothing. Maybe he really doesn't know how the dog ended up where it did.

Very telling that he flat out answered "no" when she asks if it made sense that Nala showed up at the marketplace.
He had nothing. Maybe he really doesn't know how the dog ended up where it did.
That's what I was saying ... :)
Was not in the plan, was random ...

This was the other article, from mid-April, that gives info on searches. These searches happened about a week before the article came out saying the Forerunner parts were found at a house in Haiku. One is Taylor's house I assume, and then his house. The search of his house is around the time he gave his last interview to detectives. I believe they asked him if they could search his place then? Anyone remember?

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25246180/maui-police-arrest-ex-boyfriend-of-charli-scott
"Maui police released the following information on the burglary he was arrested for:
Between 09/18/13 at about 4:00 p.m., and 09/19/13 at about 11:00 a.m., an unknown person(s) unlawfully entered a residence on Eono Place in Haiku, rummaged through the unit, then removed a "Dell" laptop computer, valued at $200.00, and a 20" "iMac" laptop computer, valued at $1,400.00 from within. Before leaving the premises, the unknown person(s) also deflated the tires to one vehicle and slashed the tires of another vehicle, causing an estimated $800.00 in damages.
The complainant stated she was holding onto one of the computers for a friend, who was going out of town, and the only other person who knew the location of the computer besides herself and the owner, was Steven Capobianco. At a later date, the complainant later learned some of her jewelry had also been taken during the burglary.
On 02/25/2014, while conducting a follow-up on an unrelated investigation, the complainant informed a detective of her missing computers and jewelry and that she suspected Capobianco. On 02/27/2014, during an unrelated search of Capobianco's residence, detectives recovered a computer and jewelry possibly belonging to the complainant in this burglary.
The complainant was later able to identify some of the jewelry as belonging to her. The computer belonged to Capobianco."

alohaj, regarding the timeline of Nala's being found getting communicated to the family -- last night I did go back and find the posts I recalled on the Find Charli Scott Facebook page. Kim, posting as FindCharliScott, announced they were getting word on Nala while it was still Tuesday night, with the earliest time stamped reply coming in at around 11:30.

So some kind of contact must have been made by Mr. Young of Nahiku or his friend, or the police officer, at or just prior to that time on the 11th. This allows Fiona and Adam to get out there about two hours later ariund 1:30 am on Wed the 12th, which you were rightly questioning as not possible because of the drive time, with the later time given for the arrival of Nala at the officer's house.

Those old time stamps don't change with time passing the way our memories do, so I was happy to find the posts. It's weird how once a Facebook post is more than a day old, it has a date stamp only, but the replies still have the hour and minute stamp.

I have the links to the posts if you want them, on my computer (posting this from phone).

Oh thanks, but I don't need the links. This is not about being "right,"", there's just certain information that I knew for a fact and some of what was being discussed on here did not correlate with that

Paging Peter Tosh.

I remember someone (PT?, someone else?) posting that there is a used auto parts store in the area. I remember the post said "no questions asked until the police come knocking." (Too many posts and I have not had great luck with the Advanced Search.) Anyone else remember that?

Name of the used auto place is called "Calasa's". There's a lot of broken down vehicles, and I have personally walked the lot looking for a car same make and model That might have a part that I need.

Name of the used auto place is called "Calasa's". There's a lot of broken down vehicles, and I have personally walked the lot looking for a car same make and model That might have a part that I need.

Is Calasa's a residence/home or commercial bldg in Haiku?

If you live upcountry, you call the junkyard Herman's. Calassa is the family name. Portuguese family, been here over 100 yrs, really good people. Great place to get hard-to-find parts too.

If you live upcountry, you call the junkyard Herman's. Calassa is the family name. Portuguese family, been here over 100 yrs, really good people. Great place to get hard-to-find parts too.

Thanks, NL. Sounds like a commercial location, not a home.
Still thinking of RDS suggesting the parts may have been found at the GP's house on Kalipo.

Sorry, not trying to contradict you, Haiku people know it as Herman's (before the fence). ;)

Thanks, NL. Sounds like a commercial location, not a home.
Still thinking of RDS suggesting the parts may have been found at the GP's house on Kalipo.

It was originally a house with a huge lot that sloped north, down towards the ocean. It's about two miles inland. There's a garage/shed where they work on cars. Google it Mama. :p

https://youtu.be/Y37zXJWggU0?t=1m19s

SC said she was wearing some form of black dress with very thin straps and a jacket. Apo made a big deal about the blue polka dot blouse with the first witnesses.

As if we can accept as truth anything SC says. "I think I could see her shoulders." "I didn't notice what type of footwear she was wearing, she was driving." Riiiiight.

How stupid is it to keep or sell a custom-made, one-of-a-kind 4Runner grille from a vehicle you stole from someone you just brutally murdered?

Oh thanks, but I don't need the links. This is not about being "right,"", there's just certain information that I knew for a fact and some of what was being discussed on here did not correlate with that
no, it's not about being right, but it's a Websleuths rule to provide links, so I try, when I can.

It took me about an hour to get back to the beginning of that Facebook, just scrolling back, so I thought I would offer while I could.
I had to reboot my computer so they're gone now anyway.

As if we can accept as truth anything SC says. "I think I could see her shoulders." "I didn't notice what type of footwear she was wearing, she was driving." Riiiiight.
I take that that as his need to obliterate her. He won't even acknowledge that he really noticed her.

I've been reading some literature about "eraser killers". -- guys who had no history of violence who coldly decide to make their wives or girlfriends, often pregnant ones, disappear, because they have become inconvenient obstacles to some perceived and totally fantasy grand life the guy is mapping out, new and improved girlfriend. Scott Peterson types.

Steven not admitting to remembering what she wore and immediately after discussing her in the past tense -- he has decided to erase her, and his son to be, but those darned other people just wouldn't let them go.

It was originally a house with a huge lot that sloped north, down towards the ocean. It's about two miles inland. There's a garage/shed where they work on cars. Google it Mama. :p

I did, Nikki. Does the family live in the home still or is it part of the business, now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper