GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://t.harborfreight.com/18-in-ma...910.html?utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

Probably not the best for hacking through jungle but a machete nonetheless. Many more examples of hunting knives with serrated edges, though.
Oh, my bad, you are talking about just the top edge. But that would be awkward to invert and use instead of a knife. If you look at the handle, you can see the finger grips are only on the bottom with the smooth edge down. So if you are swinging the machete side to side or up and down against brush, you can engage the serrated edge, but it's not designed to be held and gripped serrated edge down so as to scrape flesh off a bone.

I don't know about anyone else but "defleshing" sounds deliberate to me.
Yes. And think about how they described what they found. They found bones, not hunks of flesh with bone underneath. They only found flesh on the piercing (and obviously the fingertips.) So the flesh had been removed fairly thoroughly, and that takes care.

Before I read, I just talked to my tool expert (lol, I have a son who lives to use the right tool for every job). I asked what the serrated side is for and he said, sawing branches. So when you are whacking your way through the jungle, sometimes there are small branches and stuff that you can't whack away because they are too thick, so you take the serrated edge and saw, and then proceed with the other edge, and repeat.

Witness said that by the time they got to Hana Town THEY were ahead of us. Hmmmm.
Witness didn't mention ( at least in the article) red LED lights which I would think she'd notice if she repeatedly saw the car behind her after she'd (witness) passed it, so it likely wasn't Charli's 4Runner.
Did SC's car have those stickers? Trevor, are you reading this?
I wish reporting was more thorough.

Witness said that by the time they got to Hana Town THEY were ahead of us. Hmmmm.
Witness didn't mention ( at least in the article) red LED lights which I would think she'd notice if she repeatedly saw the car behind her after she'd (witness) passed it, so it likely wasn't Charli's 4Runner.
Did SC's car have those stickers? Trevor, are you reading this?
I wish reporting was more thorough.

Maui Now didn't cover Friday or Monday's testimony and I fail to see how Tuesday's testimony is relevant, unless the prosecution is trying to show that SC made a dry run on Saturday night. And how is it that the DEFENSE is going to be calling witnesses - from the mainland yet, when the prosecution has not yet presented the cell phone or insect experts?

Get it together, Maui Now!

Maui Now didn't cover Friday or Monday's testimony and I fail to see how Tuesday's testimony is relevant, unless the prosecution is trying to show that SC made a dry run on Saturday night. And how is it that the DEFENSE is going to be calling witnesses - from the mainland yet, when the prosecution has not yet presented the cell phone or insect experts?

Get it together, Maui Now!

Really, MauiNow. Did witness say Sat. Morn or Sun. morning they always went to Kahului? Otherwise, like Pua said, what's the point? Did anyone ask or say if SC's 4Runner had those stickers?

KHON2, bring back the live streaming of this trial.

Peter Tosh, you've seen SC's vehicle. Did it have a 49ers sticker on the right rear bumper? And a surfing sticker?

I dream of live stream ...
Anything from Maui News?
i remember there was a date I posted for the phone records, coming up soon. Anyone recall? Also the dentist is to testify as well as "the bug guy."
The defense should not be presenting until state rests. Only reason I can think of possibly would be schedule has lagged behind and the mainland witnesses were scheduled at the only time they could come. Pure spec. Maybe MN made a mistake.

Peter Tosh, you've seen SC's vehicle. Did it have a 49ers sticker on the right rear bumper? And a surfing sticker?
Hard to imagine Rivera would have her testify about this truck if it didn't match up.
This would mean that SC left immediately after coming home Sat. Night, no? And only if he came in at the earlier part of Young's window of time 11:00--11:30.
I am confused.

The only useful thing I got from that Maui Now article is that the trial will resume on Tuesday, Aug. 23rd. That will begin the 9th week of this trial, which was expected to go 8 weeks.

I feel sorry for the jurors.

Friday is a state holiday, Admissions Day aka Statehood Day, so no court.
There might be protests at the courthouse though. It's a weird holiday because many Native Hawaiians don't want to be a state and dispute that statehood is even legal.

Kapua, looking at the subpoena list just now, I see numerous state witnesses to come. Interesting that Mario (brother) is a state witness. Defense is recalling the Scott family and calling Jonny Pipkin, so I think one intent is to go after the evidence that was brought to the house.

Defense is calling AT&T and Verizon, while Rivera only has the former.
i don't see any personal witnesses for Steven so far.
APO filed a motion about two weeks ago to exclude Character evidence.

There are still police officers on the list that we haven't heard from and a Fire Marshall, presumedly he and one or more officers get into the Arson portion of the trial.

Oh, and I just figured out that the date for the phone records is there due to a hearing (jury not present). On 8/9 they started it and continued it to Tue Aug. 23rd at 9:30 AM. Phone records, the dentist, MPD are involved and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24