GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that he mentioned those lights at least twice, and considering that he knows basic auto mechanics, I'd say this is a strong possibility.
They were LEDs and that's a good idea, Napili. Although Apo could still have used it to attempt to muddy the waters about the ID. He's not going to say that his client disabled the lights ... ;-)

Thanks, Pua! Wow. You could not ask for a better vantage point than this yard to see the people in the cars driving down Hana Hwy.

Thanks, Pua! Wow. You could not ask for a better vantage point than this yard to see the people in the cars driving down Hana Hwy.
For sure, and then she could have been over at the food table or somewhere other than sitting by the road, for that one crucial minute. But she wasn't. And no one who didn't know Steven would have taken notice of him. Crazy.

For sure, and then she could have been over at the food table or somewhere other than sitting by the road, for that one crucial minute. But she wasn't. And no one who didn't know Steven would have taken notice of him. Crazy.

More like awesome!

Don't remember seeing this posted from MauiNews. So another person testifying his car was not stuck.

"Taylor testified she didn't see any broken-down vehicles along Hana Highway as she drove with her then-husband from their Haiku residence to Hana on the morning of Feb. 9, 2014, to attend a memorial service for her best friend's mother."

Don't remember seeing this posted from MauiNews. So another person testifying his car was not stuck.

"Taylor testified she didn't see any broken-down vehicles along Hana Highway as she drove with her then-husband from their Haiku residence to Hana on the morning of Feb. 9, 2014, to attend a memorial service for her best friend's mother."

Yup. That's 4 so far, unless I missed someone.

1. Carlos Young testified that SC drove his 4Runner to work on Sunday Feb. 9.
2. Kurt Kaiser testified that SC told him that his backpack was in his 4Runner at Mana Foods that day and he could go get it.
3. Shelly Tumbaga testified that she saw his vehicle on Hana Hwy. near Kailua between 11:45 and midnight on Saturday Feb. 8.
4. And Jennifer Taylor, as you mentioned, testified that she didn't see any broken-down vehicles on her way to Hana on Sunday morning, Feb. 9.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...be-dogs-separately-detecting-odor.html?nav=10

Cadaver dogs were brought in!

In the heavily wooded area at Nuaailua Bay, Pohaku had worked toward an area with less vegetation when he became more animated as he reached a tree with cuts in it and a large rock, Walden said. "He sniffed the ground and went to final sit," she said.

In the same area, Gajate said that Beckham was "methodically sniffing" but didn't display his final alert of sitting and barking.

"His nose went down to the ground, and he sniffed really, really slow," she said. "He was just sniffing a lot around the tree, around the rock and in the ground, deep in the ground."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pohaku continued searching. Near a stream bed, he "again showed the change of body carriage, quickening of pace and started snorkeling under the water," Walden said.
"He would stick his nose under the water and blow bubbles, which was unusual for him," she said. "He kind of stayed in that one area. He never went to final alert but definitely change of body carriage."
She said police confirmed that evidence had been recovered from the streambed. Searchers reported finding Scott's blanket covered in maggots there.
The dogs didn't alert to human remains at four other search locations in East Maui that day, Gajate said.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...be-dogs-separately-detecting-odor.html?nav=10

Cadaver dogs were brought in!

In the heavily wooded area at Nuaailua Bay, Pohaku had worked toward an area with less vegetation when he became more animated as he reached a tree with cuts in it and a large rock, Walden said. "He sniffed the ground and went to final sit," she said.

In the same area, Gajate said that Beckham was "methodically sniffing" but didn't display his final alert of sitting and barking.

"His nose went down to the ground, and he sniffed really, really slow," she said. "He was just sniffing a lot around the tree, around the rock and in the ground, deep in the ground."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pohaku continued searching. Near a stream bed, he "again showed the change of body carriage, quickening of pace and started snorkeling under the water," Walden said.
"He would stick his nose under the water and blow bubbles, which was unusual for him," she said. "He kind of stayed in that one area. He never went to final alert but definitely change of body carriage."
She said police confirmed that evidence had been recovered from the streambed. Searchers reported finding Scott's blanket covered in maggots there.
The dogs didn't alert to human remains at four other search locations in East Maui that day, Gajate said.

I imagine Steven thought himself quite the assassin. Murdering her in the water. However an assassin executes his craft in entirety. Steven is really bad at covering his tracks. Which confounds me. On one hand there was some preparation I believe as well as intent. But why did he not prepare a better alibi?

In the mauinews article the drag marks by the guardrail now are reported as MM 19.5. Remember earlier there was a long discussion about it being reported as MM 18.

I believe the lights were LEDs and perhaps could be disconnected -- then it'd be hard to notice at night... :)

And.. he might have injured his hands while trying to disconnect those lights.

In the mauinews article the drag marks by the guardrail now are reported as MM 19.5. Remember earlier there was a long discussion about it being reported as MM 18.

This is from my timeline at the bottom;
Note: Wailua Wayside Park, where Capobianco said he was picked up by the driver of the Toyota Corolla.

Ironically Wailua is MM 19

Yes, I remember that there was quite a discussion about MM18 and I remember that one of the locals posted a picture of that section of the Hwy, and it was flat. Glad we got that cleared up.

Personally, I don't think the drag marks have anything to do with this case, but I could be wrong.

I think Charli and Joshua's remains are/were in the streambed or buried in the area where the forensic evidence was found.

I'm still convinced that skull painting holds the key. The red paint splatters and blobs sure do match up to key areas.

Yes, I remember that there was quite a discussion about MM18 and I remember that one of the locals posted a picture of that section of the Hwy, and it was flat. Glad we got that cleared up.

Personally, I don't think the drag marks have anything to do with this case, but I could be wrong.

I think Charli and Joshua's remains are/were in the streambed or buried in the area where the forensic evidence was found.
Agree the Wailua Wayside area marks are just something that didn't pan out as relevant.

The dogs did first search on Feb. 20, six days after the partial remains were found. Stream water, as we know, changes out all the time, replaced with new water. Yet something in that stream spot drew the dog, and without its handler knowing the right spot. So think about what that could be. Did MPD not send personnel in to go underwater and search the stream bed bottom?

Do we know Steven painted that himself?

Although he posted it, it has never been confirmed whether or not he painted it. A search for a source of the painting came back with nothing.
There are underlying pictures within it such as the picture of Charli in white sunglasses standing by the unicorn painting.
The more I look at it, my interpretation of a map with all the areas we talk about makes more and more sense.

Agree the Wailua Wayside area marks are just something that didn't pan out as relevant.

The dogs did first search on Feb. 20, six days after the partial remains were found. Stream water, as we know, changes out all the time, replaced with new water. Yet something in that stream spot drew the dog, and without its handler knowing the right spot. So think about what that could be. Did MPD not send personnel in to go underwater and search the stream bed bottom?

Could be fingertips or bone fragments. IIRC, divers were sent in.

couldn't the jawbone have been defleshed by local insects ( ants or beetles) ?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I've been looking back thru posts to see the painting again. I can't find it, anyone help me out please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean