GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been haunted by the latest testimony. Gruesome isn't harsh enough. How would someone leave so many little bits ? Sorry . I can't get past the fingernails. How much time could he possibly had to commit this?

The description of the evidence that Det Earles found shed a whole new light on SC's sick mind. WTF man? I thought the fingertips (with bone) were maybe sliced off in a defensive move on Charli's part but to find only the fingernail and tips of finger skin is disgusting. He intentionally cut her apart. No longer do I excuse him for being a bonehead. Homeboy has some mental health issues. He sat in front of her mama and lied to her face about her daughter's whereabouts knowing good and well he used that filthy 6 inch knife on his belt to dismember this poor woman.

The way the evidence was left in a line is also very telling. He was sloppy on his way out. Was the soil tested for Charli's blood?
yeah, I had real nausea reading about this. In spite of the many discussions of gruesome details we've had here, I could barely get through the Maui Now article.

You think the spacing of the fingernails in a direction means they were dropped by a moving person? I tend to agree. If they were thrown into the jungle, I'd think they would not be in a linear pattern with about the same spacing, maybe the spacing indicates a stride?

Interesting the police lost a pair of sunglasses and a cell phone in that jungly area. Reading this description of the find was helpful to me, because I now see this was never staged to be found. It was really hard for the police to find what they did, with training on searching a grid pattern methodically. It's very possible that SC went back after finding out some crucial pieces were lost, and could not find them, given that the jungle all looks sort of alike and he was there at night. The police searched for two days, while he had maybe an hour of daylight Tuesday, likely less.

I thought with the jawbone fragments that maybe he left these gruesome items thinking it was so unlikely they would be seen in the thick brush, but the nails have the spacing pattern. I'm imagining a bundle that was loosely wrapped and came apart with movement in the dark, but without a better idea of the scene, that is mere conjecture.

Just want to add that it's tough to dig a hole in this type of jungle. I have tried on land that I owned. There is a web of super tough roots typically. There's no part of tropical jungle where plant life is not competing to grow and taking the real estate above and below the surface. A good spade shovel that is narrow, deep, and pointed is the best tool I have found, and he probably did not have the perfect tools for a burial -- unless he had prepared a hole in advance.

Stull trying to figure it out in spite of the revolting details. Kudos to the officers who crawled through maggots.

I wondered why the discovery of remains was split up by prosecution. I think now he wanted the horror at the beginning and the end. In the beginning so jurors would know the horror. At the end, the worst details, to make them fresh in their minds.

I've been haunted by the latest testimony. Gruesome isn't harsh enough. How would someone leave so many little bits ? Sorry . I can't get past the fingernails. How much time could he possibly had to commit this?
I know! Ugh. Puke.
Steven really did not have much time on Sunday, because we know he went to Hana and he torched the 4Runner, and unbelievable as it is he met Taylor to sell her drugs. And skyped Cass at 2:30. And left for work less than 4 hours after that.
I personally think he removed her skirt and top and wrapped her in her blanket after the murder and came back Monday after leaving Makawao around 4 in a hurry to take care of something per Kaiser. I think maybe the bra was still on her, just considering which clothing items had maggots. They never found any underwear bottoms, right?

If he went back Monday in his truck to dismember her, that explains why he had enough concern to clean the filthy thing up. We do not know if he transported any remains from the original scene by vehicle, but easy to transfer DNA by contact.
Still NO real clue why he went to Hana or through Hana, considering all he was trying to get done. Needed to be a good reason IMHO.

Nikki, right on point about how he sat there and lied to Kim about knowing anything. A normal person would have been a mess after what he had done. Instead, he had the arrogance to appear annoyed or irritated that he was being taxed to continue describing what happened. He was not expressing sorrow or angst that pregnant Charli was missing. He didn't even have it in his repertoire to pull out emotions over Charli for his own self-preservation. So I think he was not conflicted at all about killing her and Joshua.

My interpretation of that is ice cold rage directed at Charli. People who commit acts of sudden rage can then feel remorse when the heat of the moment is gone. But his only concern he seemed to have was that people were questioning him
and trying to search the area before he was done with it, and he was actually pissed that he was being treated as if he may have done something.

An anonymous letter (another one) was sent to the court alleging that one or more of the jurors were discussing the case.
It was signed "Concerned Citizen".

Hi, where did this info come from? Is this why court has been in recess all morning?

OJ Simpson openly wept for Nicole at her funeral and could not look at her autopsy photos or images of the crime scene. Creep that he was, murdering her and Ron in his jealous rage, he was somewhat remorseful. He also didn't want to go to jail because he didn't want people to hate him.

The Keanae Cutter has shown no public remorse for Charli's demise. Not on Facebook, in interviews, with friends, nothing. I've overheard gruff, tatted up men in the supermarket express more concern over Charli's murder than SC has.

Last night at Safeway:

Construction worker: Aye your cousin still got one jury duty? I seen aunty at Maalaea on Monday.

Other guy: Yeah it goes long huh?

Construction worker: Send him to prison already!!! Cheee he cut her up for feed to da fish? (whistles) Dat facker get his one day.

Other guy: Yeah sad. How does he sleep at night right?

We don't know it was Apo. There are members of the community and family who want to not look at what he did and want to protect him, and horrible to think but, think she had it coming.

Wow. Thanks for the perspective, but :notgood:

Nobody deserves to be murdered.

Hi, where did this info come from? Is this why court has been in recess all morning?

From the live stream, and yes, that is why the court has been in recess. Rivera argued that the jurors should not be questioned while the cameras were in the room, because even though the camera was not pointed toward them, you can still hear the audio.

More from Maui Now:

http://mauinow.com/2016/09/08/detec...nco-trial-it-smelled-like-decomposing-humans/

Police Interview 10 Persons of Interest or Suspects

Hamilton said that as part of the ongoing investigation, he conducted interviews with Captain Richard Dods, and said that together, they had interviewed between 30 and 40 people.

Among that list were 10 individuals who Detective Hamilton had described as either persons of interest or possible suspects.

His purpose in speaking with the individuals, Detective Hamilton said, was to find out if they had anything to do with the case. “If anything peaked our interest,” he said, “we would seek a further statement.”

Shiny... not shinny

I know! Ugh. Puke.
Steven really did not have much time on Sunday, because we know he went to Hana and he torched the 4Runner, and unbelievable as it is he met Taylor to sell her drugs. And skyped Cass at 2:30. And left for work less than 4 hours after that.
I personally think he removed her skirt and top and wrapped her in her blanket after the murder and came back Monday after leaving Makawao around 4 in a hurry to take care of something per Kaiser. I think maybe the bra was still on her, just considering which clothing items had maggots. They never found any underwear bottoms, right?

If he went back Monday in his truck to dismember her, that explains why he had enough concern to clean the filthy thing up. We do not know if he transported any remains from the original scene by vehicle, but easy to transfer DNA by contact.
Still NO real clue why he went to Hana or through Hana, considering all he was trying to get done. Needed to be a good reason IMHO.

According to Maui Now, Kimberlyn Scott testified: “Depending on what time of day she was going to work, she would swing by the house and drop off her laundry,” said Kimberlyn Scott, who noted that Charli did not stop by as expected at around 9 a.m. Kimberlyn had also planned on giving Charli money for maternity underwear at the same time.

http://mauinow.com/2016/07/26/charlis-mom-testifies-capobiancos-tone-was-out-of-context/

Maybe she wasn't wearing underwear bottoms because she needed maternity underwear and didn't yet have any. It made me sad to read this the first time around, because it shows how close she was to her family and how they helped each other with simple things.

Another day of court wasted while they grill those poor jurors. A big shout out to the jury for their service.

How and why?

Number one there is Susan who I sat behind in court who supports him regardless of whether he did it or not His Grandma I feel the same. Some folks and I would say single guy's for the most part.... and I dont mean to name anybody in particular but a narrative of false macho bravado that pits any man against a woman for the mans gain and subservience of the woman. One might say the Keanae Kutter(Your nickname) was trying to better his life but there was this hold back. This baggage that he could not shake. I think you might find some sympathy for him in the local community here on Maui where men drink, live with their parents, drive $$$ trucks and beat their Baby Mamas. Obviously someone is trying to screw up the Jury and I do not think its Apo. I think he just wants to go home.

Number one there is Susan who I sat behind in court who supports him regardless of whether he did it or not His Grandma I feel the same. Some folks and I would say single guy's for the most part.... and I dont mean to name anybody in particular but a narrative of false macho bravado that pits any man against a woman for the mans gain and subservience of the woman. One might say the Keanae Kutter(Your nickname) was trying to better his life but there was this hold back. This baggage that he could not shake. I think you might find some sympathy for him in the local community here on Maui where men drink, live with their parents, drive $$$ trucks and beat their Baby Mamas. Obviously someone is trying to screw up the Jury and I do not think its Apo. I think he just wants to go home.
Yeah totally, a bit surprised to find it in his female relatives. His aunt Susan knows how badly it worked out for her sister to get pregnant by a man who didn't want the child (Steven), but here she sides with the guy who kills the baby mama. Hmm.

This 2016 case, for example, of a Maui artist transplant beaten to death after he almost (but didn't) hit someone's car with a toddler in it.
The guy who beat him to death wasn't even in the car, only got the call from the father of toddler to come take care of the guy.
http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...for--act-of-very-brutal-violence-.html?nav=10

Granted the artist from SoCal didn't know better than to yell at this guy who was there to teach him a lesson, so he escalated the situation unfortunately, but still, inexcusable brutality and over an accident that didn't quite happen. No doubt this guy and his teen companion have family support too.

I don't think for a moment that Apo is doing this. Risk disbarment to get Steven Capobianco a mistrial? I don't think so. What is Apo getting paid, a max of 6K? Would he be forced to stay on as counsel for a second trial? He wouldn't want that. It's got to be a friend and/or family member of the defendant, and it only takes one person to be lame enough to write a letter like that.

I'm surprised the court gives any credence to a "Concerned Citizen" letter. Name, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper