GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who is compensating this witness time worth $10k?

I agree with all of you, it's a ludicrous story. The blood on the pants is supposedly from the condom. And if she were bleeding,she'd still make it to the vehicle, and if she was bleeding, wouldn't even a stranger call for help? Keanae is 10 mins away, where some cell phones work (my Verizon does), and homeowners have landlines. I'm pretty sure the caretakers at YMCA camp have landline, I believe there's also a pay phone there. It's the most stupid explanation .... But some of the jurors questions are pretty scary, things like "is the prosecution trying to be hostile to this defense's witness?" Yikes!

I agree with all of you, it's a ludicrous story. The blood on the pants is supposedly from the condom. And if she were bleeding,she'd still make it to the vehicle, and if she was bleeding, wouldn't even a stranger call for help? Keanae is 10 mins away, where some cell phones work (my Verizon does), and homeowners have landlines. I'm pretty sure the caretakers at YMCA camp have landline, I believe there's also a pay phone there. It's the most stupid explanation .... But some of the jurors questions are pretty scary, things like "is the prosecution trying to be hostile to this defense's witness?" Yikes!
Interesting that a juror would ask that question now, after how hostile the defense has been toward the prosecution's witnesses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't suppose this will go to jury before Thanksgiving weekend? I wish it could have been done before the holiday, for the family and friends, and all of us too, some resolution. Conviction time.

I don't suppose this will go to jury before Thanksgiving weekend? I wish it could have been done before the holiday, for the family and friends, and all of us too, some resolution. Conviction time.

It's unlikely, but possible. The next court date is Nov. 22. I was very recently a juror on a short (6 day long) trial. It took an entire morning for the attorneys to present closing arguments and most of the afternoon for the judge to provide legal instructions for the jury. I imagine that it is going to take three times as long for these proceedings in this trial.

It's unlikely, but possible. The next court date is Nov. 22. I was very recently a juror on a short (6 day long) trial. It took an entire morning for the attorneys to present closing arguments and most of the afternoon for the judge to provide legal instructions for the jury. I imagine that it is going to take three times as long for these proceedings in this trial.

Kapua, was your trial a cut and dry case? Was a verdict easy to come to?

Kapua, was your trial a cut and dry case? Was a verdict easy to come to?

I was an alternate, so I wasn't part of deliberations. The jury took less than one day to find the defendant guilty on all counts. It was a circumstantial case.

I think trial is back in session today. Hoping we have some updates.

Got a friend at court today, will update if/when I find out anything.

Steven Capobianco Murder Trial November 22, 2016 From the Wailuku Courthouse (live stream on now)

https://youtu.be/mhrlYBI-MQQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: he has elected not to testify. The replay is available and is a must-watch. There is too much for me to attempt to paraphrase.

:judge:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh S--T who was wearing those jeans?

Well, shoots, I won't be able to watch for a few hours...

I started to watch but got sidetracked with a phone call.
What I did see, and I don't know what order it was in, was Apo arguing against allowing the DNA hair found on the jeans waistline. ? I think that's what he said as the audio is hard to hear. Rivera argued that Apo opened it back up to allow that evidence to be heard by the jury because Apo asked a witness about the the "gender" of the jeans insinuating that the jeans were female when the defense knows as fact that a male, specifically Steven,('s) DNA was found on them and that the defense directly went against known evidence even though it was inadmissible evidence. Rivera basically said it was misleading and leading to a result where evidence shows otherwise. Essentially Rivera wants the chance to dispute that the jeans are female because male DNA was found on them.
I did not get to the judge's decision on that.

The other part was quite a bit of going back and forth with a witness, (I did not catch his name), on weather the jawbone marks are from an animal or knife. I believe he was a prosecution witness, but as testimony went on I started to forget who's witness he was with the attorneys quickly going back and forth several times with questions for him.

That's all I got. I was on the phone and trying to listen at the same time. Anyone get more? Even bits and pieces would be appreciated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius
Back