HI- Honolulu, 45-55, WhtMale, UP6928, found in cave with distinct names on 4 plastic bags, April 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Aurora90

Reaction score
Unidentified Person #UP6928Male,
White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: April 19, 1996
Location Found Honolulu, Hawaii

Demographics​

Biological SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name --
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Nickname/Alias--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years)45-55
Estimated Year of Death1996
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 9"(69 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate

Circumstances​

TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundApril 19, 1996
NamUs Case CreatedApril 9, 2010
ME/C QA ReviewedApril 10, 2010

Location Found Map

LocationHonolulu, Hawaii 96816
CountyHonolulu County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land--
Circumstances of RecoveryHiker found the decedent in a cave; area known to be inhabited by homeless

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description​

Hair ColorGray or Partially Gray
Head Hair DescriptionStraight, fine, light/brown gray hair
Body Hair DescriptionN/A
Facial Hair DescriptionN/A
Left Eye ColorUnknown
Right Eye ColorUnknown
Eye Description--

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories​

Item
Description
Accessories
Gray purse; 4 plastic bags with the following names written on them: Andrew Stoudt F-2; Alexis Aina G-10, Aina N.; Kaahu Matoon
Near the Body

Clothing
Heavy brown or green longsleeve shirt; denim pants
On the Body

Clothing
Blue/gray hat with brim
Near the Body

Eyewear
3 broken non-prescription glasses
On the Body

Footwear
Brown work type of shoes
On the Body

Jewelry
N/A
On the Body

One of the names belongs to a young male who lived in Honolulu and was a young child at the time this man was found. I’m surprised that this Doe has been difficult to identify.

The family I believe he is linked to appears to be of Mormon faith, maybe he hasn’t been reported missing?

Either way these names clearly are of significance to this man. I believe it to be the names of his children. Or he comes from a very specific family tree.

I have sent a possible tip to Hawaii law enforcement.

Aina means land. Matoon might be a misspelling. Mattoon is a common last name for native islanders who are also of Mormon descent. Mormons also have high adoption rates if I am recalling correctly.

The young male who’s name is mentioned is mixed race. I wonder if he is mixed with this unidentified male’s lineage and then the native Hawaiian lineage. Hence the Mattoon reference?

He recently moved to California for post secondary. But his family still resides in Honolulu.

Last edited:
First name supposedly according to many is Ray. Hes transient and was living there like 5 years. Wondering if the ancestory
Screenshot i just provided means anything

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240713_152249_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_152249_Chrome.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 9
Most of us use the Hawaiian word kahu when we refer to the pastor of our church, a preacher or minister.
hmm…is there a pastor mattoon?

This further links the unidentified John Doe to a religious group as per my suspicions.

First name supposedly according to many is Ray. Hes transient and was living there like 5 years. Wondering if the ancestory
Screenshot i just provided means anything
Thanks for finding this. Hmm. Interesting.

Stoudt would have been 5/6 years old at the time this doe was found. Could he have fathered a child and then removed himself for whatever reason or due to whatever circumstances? It does appear that andrew was adopted.

Last edited:
Im headed to work but when i get back im going to do a search on Raymond Stoudt or Aina or Mattoon or whatever else i can match up

Andrew Stoudt is of Mormon descent and mattoon is also a Mormon last name. This man is absolutely of Mormon descent. I can guarantee that at this point.

1720899869644.jpeg
I’m not sure if this “Ray” individual was the same guy to be honest… the items found don’t match with items found with the John Doe.

But the date matches so I’m confused. NAMUS doesn’t mention a backpack or a waist pack found with this John Doe. Only plastic bags and a hat.

Last edited:
Thanks for finding this. Hmm. Interesting.

Stoudt would have been 5/6 years old at the time this doe was found. Could he have fathered a child and then removed himself for whatever reason or due to whatever circumstances? It does appear that andrew was adopted.
I'm just seeing this thread and I recently lived in Hawaii so it caught my attention.

I was looking to see what F-2 and G-10 might mean next to the names and for F-2, i see that can be an immigration status. When I typed in Hawaii and F-2, one of the top links was for BYU Hawaii. F-2 dependent status seems to be what is listed for a dependent of an F-1 student Visa holder. Interesting thing with BYU is it's a Mormon college. The Mormon faith is well represented in the Hawaiian islands.

I don't see much for G-10 so I am not sure if this is helpful or not.

Also, something to consider is it's possible the bags do not have a connection to the man. It is unfortunate the homeless population in Hawaii is high and many of them acquire things either by digging in the trash or stealing. I am not at all saying this man did either of those things, but it's possible other homeless in the area did and these items may not have been his specifically or if they were, it's possible they were items he found and not items he personally wrote those names on.

I'm just seeing this thread and I recently lived in Hawaii so it caught my attention.

I was looking to see what F-2 and G-10 might mean next to the names and for F-2, i see that can be an immigration status. When I typed in Hawaii and F-2, one of the top links was for BYU Hawaii. F-2 dependent status seems to be what is listed for a dependent of an F-1 student Visa holder. Interesting thing with BYU is it's a Mormon college. The Mormon faith is well represented in the Hawaiian islands.

I don't see much for G-10 so I am not sure if this is helpful or not.

Also, something to consider is it's possible the bags do not have a connection to the man. It is unfortunate the homeless population in Hawaii is high and many of them acquire things either by digging in the trash or stealing. I am not at all saying this man did either of those things, but it's possible other homeless in the area did and these items may not have been his specifically or if they were, it's possible they were items he found and not items he personally wrote those names on.
Thank you so much for this info. Interesting that there is another Mormon connection.

You’re right they might not be connected to him at all! That slipped my mind. For some reason I thought maybe it was written on the bags. But even then, it STILL might not be connected to him. Might have been bags thrown out but the bags were for those children at some point.

Shoot. Maybe I’m following a thread that leads to nowhere.

Thank you so much for this info. Interesting that there is another Mormon connection.

You’re right they might not be connected to him at all! That slipped my mind. For some reason I thought maybe it was written on the bags. But even then, it STILL might not be connected to him. Might have been bags thrown out but the bags were for those children at some point.

Shoot. Maybe I’m following a thread that leads to nowhere.
I still think it's worth looking into! I mean this unidentified man did have a bag with these names near his body. Might not be linked, but it could be! The police included these details for a reason. I was just sharing what I noticed during my time living there. Some of the homeless there seemed to have set up areas that were theirs. They had tents and/or belongings and often lived in groups or camps with others. Then others seemed more mobile and they moved around and it seemed they had just items they could carry in a bag.

What else struck me is that this area is a known area where homeless live. If this man was this decomposed then nobody reported this for a very long time and I am fairly certain other homeless in the area would know his man was laying up there dead.

It was not uncommon for people to find someone dead like this, but I do think it's uncommon for someone to be laying there for a long time and nearly skeletal before anyone saw/noticed. Could be people did see and they just didn't have a way to report it. Oahu does have group of people that go in and check on homeless populations and offer services for them. I don't know what was being done in 1996, but there are groups now that do these checks and sometimes bring food/hygiene supplies and try to see if there are medical concerns that can be helped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back