HI - Parents and grandmother charged after 10-year old Geanna Bradley dies from abuse and malnourishment - Feb. 9, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The photo shown at the end of the video, it looks like she already had a bruise on her nose and above the eyes.
After they took her out of school, did anyone check on her , was there ever a dcfs case opened ?
It would seem that the school teachers might have noticed something amiss -- they're with the kids for the entire school day.
Unless the child is silent, understandably out of fear.
Imo.

Rest in gentle peace and fly with the angels, Geanna !
No one can hurt you now.

Geanna Bradley
HPD Chief Joe Logan said Friday, "Steadfastness of hanging in, investigating, looking at the facts and then meeting with elements of the city and the state to go through other factors turned out the results that we have today."

Child Welfare Services issued the following statement on this incident:
"We mourn the loss of this child with the community. As always, CWS asks everyone to take part in reporting what you hear, what you see, even what you sense, if you suspect abuse or neglect."

Geanna was housed on the porch, abused in horrific ways, hadn't been to school since 10/22, will link articles as soon as I get to desktop. (It's easier for my older eyes)

• Sad
Reactions: nao
What the hell is wrong with people? :mad: :mad:

I would add: What the hell is wrong with the system? How can it be that there is a possibility of a family pulling a child out of a school program when that child is being over seen by the state? How is it that we put the most vulnerable children in the care of people AND refuse to find funds to insure the ongoing safety of these children?

I am angry at the "legal guardian" people and the grandmother but the story of failed supervision is just so disgusting that words are not enough. This child was failed like so many others...

According to Lt. Deena Thoemmes of HPD’s homicide detail, officers responding to an emergency call to 33 Karsten Drive were informed that the victim, Geanna Bradley, had been found unresponsive in her room, her body cold and stiff, by her Geron, her self-identified grandmother.

Geron and the Brandy Blas, one of the girl’s legal guardians, told police they had last seen Bradley around 7:30 p.m. the previous night when she went to her room after dinner. Geron told police she had unsuccessfully attempted CPR on the girl.

Officers at the scene noted Bradley had multiple facial injuries, including scratches around her ears, eyes, forehead, cheeks and lips; bruised eyelids; and scrapes on her chin. According to the officers, part of Bradley’s nose bridge was “missing.”

• Wow
Reactions: nao
The photo shown at the end of the video, it looks like she already had a bruise on her nose and above the eyes.
After they took her out of school, did anyone check on her , was there ever a dcfs case opened ?
It would seem that the school teachers might have noticed something amiss -- they're with the kids for the entire school day.
Unless the child is silent, understandably out of fear.
Imo.

Rest in gentle peace and fly with the angels, Geanna !
No one can hurt you now.
Agree. She looks swollen and bruised in her face and i see signs of FAS in her features. She never had a chance, poor angel. I hope justice is served quickly. I cannot comprehend why so many unsuitable families are chosen to foster or adopt and why thus case was never checked. Apparently probably because her alleged grandmother was living with them and there may be a family connection of some sorts.

Jmoo

The three Wahiawa residents accused of the torture and starvation death of Geanna Bradley pleaded not guilty Thursday. Their attorneys complained about excessive media coverage — and they asked for a chance to be released before trial.

Prosecutors have put a lot of disturbing details in the charging documents for Thomas and Brandy Blas and Debra Geron — enough to convince a judge who heard their pleas to reject everything they asked for.
3 adults accused of torture, starvation death of 10-year-old girl plead not guilty

Three people charged in the murder of a 10-year-old girl kept her in a small enclosed porch, making her go to the bathroom in a bucket, withheld food and water from her, bound her with duct tape, beat her and discussed her treatment in texts, prosecutors allege in an indictment.
[snip]
The three behind bars for her murder are couple Brandy and Thomas Blas, 35 and 41, respectively, and grandmother Debra Geron, 67. The Blas’ were Geanna’s legal guardians and also had biological children and an adopted child in the home. They are also accused of abusing the adopted child, a 4-year-old boy.
[snip]
He also had injuries and bruising on his body, including a bite mark, prosecutors said.
[snip]
“The allegations of abuse and neglect in this case are sickening and difficult to fathom,” Alm said. “Evidence gathered by police shows the defendants denied this little girl the food she needed to survive. They allegedly bound her with duct tape, beat her, failed to get medical attention for her wounds, and ultimately killed her.”
[snip]
The Honolulu Medical Examiner determined the girl died from starvation, neglect and pneumonia.
‘Sickening’: Prosecutors detail alleged torture of 10-year-old who died of starvation, neglect

much more info from the complaint at the link

Bradley said he only found out about his daughter’s death three weeks after it happened, when Honolulu detectives came to question him, as if he might have had something to do with it.

Only afterwards did they tell him she was dead. He said he couldn’t sleep or talk about it without crying for a week.

And now he’s left only with questions. Did no one — doctors, teachers, therapists — notice that Geanna was not OK?

“You can’t tell me that for seven years, there was no sign of anything wrong with my child,” he said.
From Hawaii To Texas And Back: How Geanna Bradley Ended Up With The Couple Accused Of Killing Her

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap
Back