Found Safe HI - U.S. Navy Seaman Shaun Palmer, Marine Corps Base Kaneohe, Honolulu, 1 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've never been to Hawaii. My sister lived there for a while, so I've had a tiny bit of exposure to the culture in that way. But this case was really rather touching in that the people commenting are saying sweet things about the meaning of "aloha" and just overall really seemed kind and supportive. Especially considering the circumstances I'd expect the usual amount of mean and spiteful comments but I'm not even seeing any of those. Could be really good moderation, too, IDK it's just nice to see people being nice.

What happens if someone goes AWOL?

Failure to Report for Duty: Desertion, AWOL, and Other Charges - FindLaw

“Punishment depends on the severity of the offense and the discretion of the commanding officer, but often includes forfeiture of pay and confinement. For instance, being AWOL for less than three days can result in a maximum penalty of confinement for one month and forfeiture of two-thirds pay for one month. After 30 days or more, service members face dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and a one-year confinement.”

Failure to Report for Duty: Desertion, AWOL, and Other Charges - FindLaw

“Punishment depends on the severity of the offense and the discretion of the commanding officer, but often includes forfeiture of pay and confinement. For instance, being AWOL for less than three days can result in a maximum penalty of confinement for one month and forfeiture of two-thirds pay for one month. After 30 days or more, service members face dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and a one-year confinement.”

And that is what worries me...come on, Shaun, think about your future!

Missing Hawaii corpsman returns to his unit
A missing Hawaii-based corpsman voluntarily returned to his unit on Sunday with 1st Battalion, 3rd Marines, at the Marine base at Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, according to Marine Corps officials.
“Actions taken as a result of Seaman Palmer's absence are administrative in nature and therefore an internal matter.” Capt. Eric Abrams, a Marine spokesman, told Marine Corps Times in an emailed statement. “In general, command leadership looks at these types of situations on a case-by-case basis with so many different variables.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal
Back