HI HI - Waianae, Honolulu Co., UnkMale 7-10, UP2157, unknown circumstances, July 2000

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

lightofmine99

♞Ⅸ
Reaction score
Waianae John Doe (2000)
a.k.a "Little Waianae John Doe"
UP2157 (NU)
Original.jpg
Circumstances:
Unknown. Possibly mongoloid/Asiatic descent including Polynesians, Native Americans and East Asians. (per NamUs).

Case Numbers:
  • Doe Network: N/A
  • NamUs: UP2157
  • ME/C: 00-0794
  • NCMEC: N/A
Overview:
  • Date Body Found: July 29, 2000
  • NamUs Created: June 26, 2008.
  • Tribal Land: NO.
  • PMI: UNKNOWN
    • Est. Year of Death: 0-2000.
  • State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues.
    • Torso not recovered
    • One or more limbs not recovered
    • One or both hands not recovered
  • Cause of Death: UNKNOWN
Physical:
  • Sex: Male
  • Race/Ethnicity: Uncertain, poss. Asian, Polynesian, Native American.
  • Height: CANNOT ESTIMATE
  • Weight: CANNOT ESTIMATE
  • Hair: N/A
  • Eye: N/A
Identifiers:
  • Dentals: UNKNOWN
  • DNA: UNKNOWN
  • Prints: UNKNOWN
  • Marks / Features: N/A
Personal Affects:
  • Clothing: NONE
  • Jewelry: NONE
  • Add'l Items: NONE
Links:
NamUs: UP2157 (ARCHIVE)
Doe Network: N/A

Notes:
This John Doe can be found on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) website but he does not have a specific I.D. number listed.

Thanks lightofmine99! I didn't realize they did recons without having the case on their site. The recon on Namus does say uploaded yesterday, so maybe that will be forthcoming. I recall bones being found (somewhat regularly, actually) in caves in Hawaii; part of the ancient/traditional burial. It would be interesting and perhaps helpful to know the circumstances of the recovery. Given ruleouts of male and female, they likely have DNA on file - I hope so.

I'd like to know exactly how Peter Kema was ruled out, the similarities/circumstances are a little too much to be a coincidince IMO.

Archive of the Little Waianae John Doe NCMEC Poster (X).
I'd like to know exactly how Peter Kema was ruled out, the similarities/circumstances are a little too much to be a coincidence IMO.
DNA, I suppose? The Peter Kema's parents did claim they threw him into the ocean, which could be a lie and if true his body could still have washed up somewhere, but we don't know the circumstances of recovery.

His NCMEC says he was found "in the sand dunes about 40 yards from the waterline in the area of Ka’ena Point off of Farrington Highway..."
So he was found close to the ocean. I hope there was a DNA comparison and not something less definitive (thinking about how Sharon Gallegos was incorrectly "ruled out" due to footprints IIRC).

The Peter Kema's parents did claim they threw him into the ocean, which could be a lie and if true his body could still have washed up somewhere, but we don't know the circumstances of recovery.
I don't place a lot of stock in what Peter Boy's parents said/say. They lied for 20 years. Having said that, the father indicated he disposed of Peter Boy's body in a remote area off of the Big Island - a totally separate island than Oahu, where Waianae Doe was found. Apparently the father passed a lie detector regarding this (where he disposed of the remains) which was why "the deal" with the prosecutors was considered fulfilled. Here is an article on it:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back