HODGE-PODGE - LISK-related

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is the front of John Bittrolff's home. The landscape design features small conifer trees by the mailbox and in front of the house. Each of those small trees came from a nursery with their roots wrapped in burlap. You have to remove the burlap before installation. See that sapling tree between the conifers? That tree was purchased from a nursery and arrived with it's roots wrapped in burlap. It also had to be removed before the tree was installed.
How do I know this? I've designed landscapes and installed thousands of plants, shrubs and small trees. From this installation alone, you would have many square yards of burlap left over after the job was completed. I'll bet he purchased those trees and shrubs from those nearby nurseries.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bittrolff home.jpg
    Bittrolff home.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 73
I've seen it said that Melissa barthelemy was likely kept for a time either prior to or after her death. Is there any validity to this? Because I think that says where/what the killer has access to. Might also suggest killer is able to have time off (summer even, maybe?)

To the best of my knowledge, there is no physical evidence to support that theory. Is it possible? Yes. But the truth is that we really just don't know. My personal feeling is that LISK disposed of his victims almost immediately after they were dead.

Thinking out loud here again...

Whoever this guy is, he's having a ball making idiots out of the cops. He hasn't been dumping entire bodies for the length of his killing career. He's putting torsos in one spot and their detached legs quite a distance away. In effect, he's creating more than one crime scene for each body he dismembers...thus complicating law enforcement's job. He hates cops. He's getting a charge out of creating as many crime scenes as possible, because he likes the idea of making any discovery more difficult for the cops. It fits in nicely with his dismemberment fantasy and amuses him...after all, isn't he thinking he's smarter than the police?

I also got to thinking about Fire Island Jane Doe#7's legs. Her skull is waaay over by Jones Beach Island, and her legs are on Davis Beach. Think about that. Who would drop the skull in Jones Beach, then drive alllllll the way to Davis Park to dump her legs? Now, if you had a boat, you could easily cross from a slip on Long Island anywhere from West Hampton Beach west to Freeport or Rockville Center to gain access to the Jones Beach/Fire Islands.

Stay with me here. Since our murderer likes to scatter body parts, or dump bodies as clandestinely as possible, could he not load those bodies or parts into a boat, cross the inlet, deposit Jane Doe's legs on the northern side of Fire Island/Davis Park, travel west underneath the Robert Moses Causeway to Jones Beach, anchor close to the beach, carry or drag a body or parts across that short width of beach, and toss either the entire body (or in this case JD#7's head) into the brambled woods there? In doing this, the legs wind up on the northern side of Davis Park/Fire Island, but the bodies and parts wind up on the southern side of Jones Beach. He doesn't need to use the highway at all.

Does our killer have access to a boat? A cabin cruiser? Did he switch from dumping on the mainland via the highway, to dumping on the outlying islands via the sea?

A little Long Island history...since this country began, Long Island has always been thought of as a collection of seaport villages strung together by roads and highways. The first towns and villages grew up along the shoreline. As those seaport villages grew, the native Americans living on the Island were gradually pushed out in order to make way for whites in the shipping and fishing industries. You'll notice that Long Island's various villages and towns' names are derived from Native American tribal names, British names, or port names. Its a place traditionally and historically arranged to accommodate boating activities. There are virtually hundreds of boatyards, marinas, slips and docks where all kinds of pleasure craft and commercial ships can be docked on both the North Shore and the South Shore. Wherever there's a body of water or an inlet opening out to the ocean...you're guaranteed to find either a little boat slip, an upscale marina for wealthier people, or a commercial boatyard.

How do I know this? Not only was my dad a landscaper on Long Island, he was also an avid sport fisherman who knew the inlets, docks and boatyards on Long Island like the back of his hand. I spent a lot of my childhood learning about deep sea fishing and boating from him, so I understand both the local nautical culture and history of Long Island. If you have two cents to rub together, and you live on Long Island...you own a boat.

So, our killer just might be a long time Long Islander who is also a boat owner - which gives him TWO methods for disposing bodies and body parts. When I saw that Jane Doe#7's legs were found on the north shore of Davis Park and the head found on the south shore of Jones Beach. It made sense that our killer may have abandoned risky dumping on the main island for more clandestine, shore dumping from the sea. By the way...its easier to hose out a boat than it is to hose out a car or truck.

Take a look. Possible?
https://maphub.net/jjslate/gilgo-beach-murders

I'm loving your posts, Gardner. It's always great to see this case through a fresh set of eyes. I don't agree that LISK (the killer of the GB4) is also responsible for Manorville or the other dismembered victims, but I still find your theories intriguing.

FOR YOU FOLKS LOCKED IN ON BURLAP BAGS - Check out who spends a lot of time at Burke's mother's house right next door to Jimmy. Check out what it is he supposed to do for a living. Then try to connect his addresses. and see if it makes any sense.

John Bittrolff was charged with assault and grand larceny in 1990. Anyone know the particulars of this arrest?

FOR YOU FOLKS LOCKED IN ON BURLAP BAGS - Check out who spends a lot of time at Burke's mother's house right next door to Jimmy. Check out what it is he supposed to do for a living. Then try to connect his addresses. and see if it makes any sense.

Could it be the disgraced corrupt ex highway superintendent GJ?

I wonder if you googled bittrolff's companies looking for reviews on certain sites to see if you could any reviews from people in oak beach, Atlantic City, etc

There seems to be alot of coastal construction inc companies all over the states. If you google it with manorville at the end though, bittrollf address pops up and theres a few links for johns coastal construction inc. seems to be a common construction name.

I know he was involved in an assault and grand larceny. I'm interested to know who he assaulted, why and how, and what he swiped.

Gotcha.. im not paying attn. 😒 Maybe searching with that 1990 mugshot image will pull up more detail about the arrest.

Does anyone know if John Bittrolff owns a boat?
If he did, it would be registered with the New York State Department Of Motor Vehicles.

After poking around a little, it seems the company has done construction on Fire Island.
They're also avid fishermen.
Source: Facebook

I wonder if you googled bittrolff's companies looking for reviews on certain sites to see if you could any reviews from people in oak beach, Atlantic City, etc

That's what I've been doing all morning. I've found one review no name but hey he got a 4.5 star rating.

I've located John Bitrolff's home on Google maps. Not surprisingly, less than 3-5 miles from him is an enormous grouping of greenhouses and nurseries. Any one of them would stock hundreds of burlap bags. Its a veritable motherlode of burlap.

attachment.php

my friends farm is located almost due north like a mile away and before he officially took it over it was stocked with burlap bags as well and had some one asked for some they would have given them out.

Reports state that John Bittrolff has a second home somewhere in upstate New York. Does anyone know exactly where that second home is located?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap
Back