Holly Bobo Case Status Hearings, 12/17/2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 2m2 minutes ago
DA Jennifer Nichols has asked to be removed from #HollyBobo case reportedly due to issues w/ DA Matt Stowe @NC5

B5FMY3FIUAQ7aaW.jpg

hmmm...

I really want to know what is going on with the DA, TBI & now Jennifer Nichols wanting off the case because of Stowe. The DC Sheriff and others are worried about it too.

From JB:

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie · 1m 1 minute ago

Judge McGinley said he does not know how far away the Bobo case venue should be moved to be beyond media saturation #HollyBobo

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie · 1m 1 minute ago

What are your thoughts? How far away from Decatur County, Tenn. would it be to get an impartial jury? #HollyBobo

THIS CASE IS BEING TALKED ABOUT NATION WIDE. maybe EVEN INTERNATIONAL?

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 2m2 minutes ago
DA Jennifer Nichols has asked to be removed from #HollyBobo case reportedly due to issues w/ DA Matt Stowe @NC5

hmmm...

Yes ... hmmm hmmm and another hmmm !

The timing of Nichols' request to be removed is interesting considering she did this right after today's big hearing -- and then on the eve of the big hearing, this announcement about the problems between D.A. Stowe and the TBI !

WTH and WTF is really going on ?

:gaah:

O/T......... I got the flu and watched it in my bedroom, so I come to this pc, to get WS updates. The WS are more reliable.

My "gut reaction" was $$$ or overwhelming evidence against her client, ZA ... of course, it could be neither one of my "guesses."

The timing of Nichols' request to be removed is interesting considering she did this right after today's big hearing -- and then on the eve of the big hearing, this announcement about the problems between D.A. Stowe and the TBI !

I thought she works for the DA's office and was assigned to the three cases?

My "gut reaction" was $$$ or overwhelming evidence against her client, ZA ... of course, it could be neither one of my "guesses."

You've got Nichols mixed up with ZA's attorney. Nichols is with the DA's office. That was a short relationship.

I really want to know what is going on with the DA, TBI & now Jennifer Nichols wanting off the case because of Stowe.

The DC Sheriff and others are worried about it too.

:seeya: Hi Dr. Know !

JMO but I will give Stowe the "benefit of the doubt" -- for now ... and it was amazing that Holly's remains were found right after he took office ...

I know, another hmmm.

:moo:

According to Chris Conte they confronted Stowe at his car regarding the cutting ties with TBI. He said Stowe slammed his car door and drove off. Hope Stowe learns quickly he can FIRE the media. It's going to be a long road to conviction of these fools, and it's way too early to be burning bridges.

We just confronted ‪#‎HollyBobo‬ DA Matt Stowe about cutting ties with TBI. He slammed door and drove away @NC5 http://t.co/h7sNqE7MiC

JMO

I thought she works for the DA's office and was assigned to the three cases?

You've got Nichols mixed up with ZA's attorney. Nichols is with the DA's office. That was a short relationship.

:seeya: OMG ... SORRY for the mistake -- I read it too fast ... and I corrected my OP !

I had the Jennifer's mixed up :gaah:

- Jennifer Thompson is ZA's defense attorney.

- Jennifer Nichols was in the DA's Office.

- Oh, and another Jennifer: Jennifer Wilmott is Jodi Arias' defense attorney -- which case I am following.

Sorry !

Evidence collected back in mid September, results not back yet and / or revealing to Defense Attorneys. Prior discovery was to happen by August 31, 2014. Seems that didn't happen. Somebody is not doing their job. And that started before Stowe came into office. Maybe even 3 years ago. Seems to me that Stowe is holding some feet to the fire. It may be unpopular and radical to some people, but it seems like the changes needed for not only this case but I'm sure others as well. The same ole same ole is not working anymore.

JMO

Honestly, the last thing this case needs is drama between the TBI and the DA over evidence. They need to get their act together and work to convict these guys for Holly's sake. Geez Louise! :(

It made me cringe when I read on twitter that the DA was trying to "cut ties with the TBI." What?????????? Just no. Stop all the posturing on both sides and get these people to trial, pronto.

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 1h1 hour ago
DA in #HollyBobo case releases statement denying he's the one who initiated TBI cutting all ties with district @NC5

B5FWuQSIAAA2Hd1.jpg

Evidence collected back in mid September, results not back yet and / or revealing to Defense Attorneys. Prior discovery was to happen by August 31, 2014. Seems that didn't happen. Somebody is not doing their job. And that started before Stowe came into office. Maybe even 3 years ago. Seems to me that Stowe is holding some feet to the fire. It may be unpopular and radical to some people, but it seems like the changes needed for not only this case but I'm sure others as well. The same ole same ole is not working anymore.

JMO

I hope you're right because the other possibility is that Stowe himself is the problem. Isn't he inexperienced as an attorney?

"That discussion had apparently taken place on Friday when Stowe and Gwyn had met about the Holly Bobo murder case in Decatur County. According to law enforcement sources, Stowe expressed displeasure at that time about the TBI’s performance on the Bobo case."

"At Tuesday’s meeting, Gwyn apparently told law enforcement personnel the TBI would stop performing investigations in the 24th District at Stowe’s behest."

http://www.parispi.net/news/article_5c040a02-85aa-11e4-8f1b-2fc515f91469.html

The LE agencies have made clear their concerns of cost regarding labs and tech support for cases. Time is money. Each time they haul these guys into Court from jurisdictions all over the area it costs money for security, etc. It costs Attorney time to twiddle thumbs waiting for results. We're talking MONTHS. Meanwhile the case clogs the court system and delays Justice for the victim(s). So if Gwyn's reaction to being called on it is to take his toys and go home, so be it. If hiring outside labs or creating his own team of forensics is needed, so be it. The voters wanted change, now they are getting it.

JMO's

The LE agencies have made clear their concerns of cost regarding labs and tech support for cases. Time is money. Each time they haul these guys into Court from jurisdictions all over the area it costs money for security, etc. It costs Attorney time to twiddle thumbs waiting for results. We're talking MONTHS. Meanwhile the case clogs the court system and delays Justice for the victim(s). So if Gwyn's reaction to being called on it is to take his toys and go home, so be it. If hiring outside labs or creating his own team of forensics is needed, so be it. The voters wanted change, now they are getting it.

JMO's

You are making the assumption that the delays are the fault of TBI.

But we know that Stowe and his office aren't doing their job in areas they alone control. They alone control the flow of info to the defense as required by law (or lack of same), in the discovery process, and apparently they've failed to do their job there, during Stowe's tenure.

So, given their lack of performance as to things under their sole control, I wouldn't assume that it's the TBI who's causing the problems in things under the joint control of TBI and Stowe.

:seeya: Hi Dr. Know !

JMO but I will give Stowe the "benefit of the doubt" -- for now ... and it was amazing that Holly's remains were found right after he took office ...

I know, another hmmm.

:moo:

It sounds like DA Stowe may be stepping on some toes.

How many here has continuously criticized the TBI and how they have handled this case? Maybe Stowe has the same opinion.

Maybe he blasted them during the meeting telling them they should have produced the evidence to arrest these three much sooner and because they took three years it has made his work harder.

If he did tell them how he felt they could have gotten their egos hurt and now want to bow-up and refuse to be involved in any cases in his district.

While I have given the TBI the benefit of the doubt in this case...... I have seen in other TN cases where they do think they run a case when they aren't even the ones that have to prove it BARD in court.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back